Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 4:23:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Show her pictures of Rosie, Hillary, Sara, etc. Tell her that’s what happens when you are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless she is trying to change your mind, why do anything – you're not on a gun missionary!

Her feelings about firearms are, from what you said, a consequence of personal, tragic experiences – you're not going to argue those feelings away with logic and statistics!

My advice would be to leave the issue alone, don't pressure her. If you two have any future, it will be your calm responsible attitude to the safe use of firearms that will turn this into a non-issue for both of you – Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Start off with "Listen here, bitch..."

If you say it RIGHT, everything you say after that will penetrate like gospel.

DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for any bodily injury, emasculation, or loss of consortium due to acceptance of this advice. Advice intended for the inquiring party only, and not valid in Texas or Maryland.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I could refer her to you, after I substantially irritate her!
View Quote

No prob. If you can't get her in line, I'll set her straight and send her back to you.

Keep in mind, though, that my comments here are given following this proverb:

"If you can't say something constructive, say something that will give you amusement at another's expense."
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]
DoubleFeed,

Judging from your subsequent post – she is trying to change your mind! Remember, most women are a lot smarter (more subtle) than guys – they just gotta be!

If this is not just some temporary phase, and she has not become an anti-gun missionary, then, my original comment still holds – stay lose, stay calm and this too will pass. If not, then it's your guns or her!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Just invite her shooting. A fun day at the range will do more to dis-associate the negative crap and she will understand you better. Start out with .22's .38's etc...
Let the guns do the talking!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Show her pictures of Rosie, Hillary, Sara, etc. Tell her that’s what happens when you are anti-gun.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO....
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Must be something in the hairspray in Maryland.  I dated one from there too and she not only was anti gun, she hated the idea of being in the smae city that she knew a gun was in.  Forget taking her shooting, it will only cause you some of the most undue stress you ever experienced in your life.  Her idea was that all guns were for were for killing people, not for sport or hunting, even though she knew I loved hunting.  I guess she thought I just walked up to the animals and asked them politely to give up or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top