Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2002 10:30:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2002 10:29:18 AM EDT by Santyth]
Before we get started, [b]ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT THE ASSOCIATED PRESS.[/b] Hole in the side of Arafat's compound [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Compound%20hole-sm.jpg[/img] [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Rover-sm.jpg[/img] Isreali sniper takes out a Palestinian in this series of images: [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper1-sm.jpg[/img] [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper2-sm.jpg[/img] [img]http://santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper3-sm.jpg[/img] [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper4-sm.jpg[/img] Armored Isreali dozer rolls past a corpse. [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Dozer-sm.jpg[/img] From another angle [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Corpse-sm.jpg[/img] Tank in Ramallah [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Tanksign-sm.jpg[/img] Arafat with his bodyguards while all this is going on. [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Arafat-sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:32:35 AM EDT
If anyone would like to see smaller versions of these I can photoshop them down.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:37:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: If anyone would like to see smaller versions of these I can photoshop them down.
View Quote
I'd appreciate that.. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:50:32 AM EDT
Downsized. That was worth the time it took, it does look a lot better now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 12:14:29 PM EDT by Necromancer]
OK so I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to tanks, I was in the Navy dammit. Does that tank have a front blade sight on the barrel? If it is what is it used for. I thought all of the sighting is done electornically?!?!? WTF is that for? [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Compound%20hole-sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:14:19 PM EDT
That guy who gets hit by the sniper has a serious flinch problem unless that's from him getting hit. And anybody else notice how many of the guys in that series of pictures look very European?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:16:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spade: That guy who gets hit by the sniper has a serious flinch problem unless that's from him getting hit.
View Quote
He was indeed shot right as the picture was taken, according to the AP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 12:21:36 PM EDT by lucasf]
Um, I dont see a bullet wound on the guy in the cook white US pants. Yes I see a spot of blood on the ground to the right front, but not entrance wound, and no huge bleedin hole in the back either. Perhaps a staged photo? The old dude in the blue coat is for sure down for the count.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:20:58 PM EDT
I guess those Palestinians have no concept of firearms sights.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:22:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Necromancer: OK so I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to tanks, I was in the Navy dammit. Does that tank have a front blade sight on the barrel? If it is what is it used for. I thought all of the sighting is done electornically?!?!? WTF is that for?
View Quote
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Sabra MBT. [url]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/sabra.htm[/url] And no, tanks don't have iron sights.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:27:18 PM EDT
Here's another one I just pulled over from the AP. [img]http://santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Compound%20blast-sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:27:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lucasf: Um, I dont see a bullet wound on the guy in the cook white US pants. Yes I see a spot of blood on the ground to the right front, but not entrance wound, and no huge bleedin hole in the back either. Perhaps a staged photo? The old dude in the blue coat is for sure down for the count.
View Quote
Unlike Hollywood, I don't think the Palestinians and Israelis have a deal to use "squib" loads for that great impact effect.[;)] Look at the guy's neck as they're dragging him away. I just love that googley-eyed look on his face. In the picture above it, as he's lying face down, you can see his right hand over his upper chest. Looks like a solid shot. (golf clap)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:32:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: Here's another one I just pulled over from the AP. [img]http://santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/Compound%20blast-sm.jpg[/img]
View Quote
[size=6]OK HOLD IT! DAMMIT, I SAID HOLD IT! I GOTTA MOVE MY DAMN CAR...!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:43:40 PM EDT
Do jimminy glick and arafat get their glasses from the same place?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:43:43 PM EDT
DUDE!!! Look at all the cool VW's and that AUDI in the explosin pic! Those guys sure know fine German cars
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:56:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper1-sm.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Geez, which part of the concept of "cover" or "sights" don't these guys understand?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:21:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lucasf: Um, I dont see a bullet wound on the guy in the cook white US pants. Yes I see a spot of blood on the ground to the right front, but not entrance wound, and no huge bleedin hole in the back either. Perhaps a staged photo? The old dude in the blue coat is for sure down for the count.
View Quote
The guy in the washed out camo pants got necked. You can see the blood at his throat. Just a bit in the first image as he started falling and more where they are dragging him off. Probably shot out his spinal cord with the way he went down so completely. The old guy got machinegunned. His femur is pretty obviously buggered along with some torso hits that probably killed him. But that leg wound bled pretty good. Yes there are a lot of European looking guys in there, probably Yugoslavian types. The guy in the balaclava next to sniper bait is definitely european, he's REAL WHITE, almost Irish looking through the eyes and nose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:28:02 PM EDT
Man its hard to beleve that those Sabras started life as Pattons... Its even harder to beleve that those modifications were cheaper than building more new Merkavas!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:30:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By odobo: So thats what they mean by an "AK dropped only once..." [img]http://bin.homestead.com/files/dropak.jpg[/img]
View Quote
is this a good guy or a bad guy? i am assumeing its a bad guy. if so GOOD KILL! if not, i bet that hurt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:32:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:47:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 1:48:46 PM EDT by platform389]
Thanks so very much for these! Best view yet I have seen of the armored D9 they are using. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img] More please, if you get them! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:56:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SJSAMPLE: Unlike Hollywood, I don't think the Palestinians and Israelis have a deal to use "squib" loads for that great impact effect.[;)] Look at the guy's neck as they're dragging him away. I just love that googley-eyed look on his face. In the picture above it, as he's lying face down, you can see his right hand over his upper chest. Looks like a solid shot. (golf clap)
View Quote
You mean real life is not like hollywood and the Ranibow six game? Thats the only place I have EVER seen anyone get shot. Now a note from our sponsors; A huge Sarcasam front has overtaken NY, beware that any postings from that part of the country could be dripping with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:11:21 PM EDT
Those guys sure look German, don't they??
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:23:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By platform389: Thanks so very much for these! Best view yet I have seen of the armored D9 they are using. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img] More please, if you get them! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
View Quote
Armored D9 with Rome Plow, should bring back memoires to Vietnam vets, we used them to clear forests around roads and bases...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:23:59 PM EDT
Nice shot man! For both the sniper and the photographer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:36:07 PM EDT
Is that an SKS on the shoulder of the guy at his feet? the second guy looks like the one who shooting with him. [img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper4-sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:39:47 PM EDT
Yes that does appear to be a SKS. Seems like we only intercepted ONE of the arms shipments of ChiCom weapons to the Palistinians from Iran...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 3:00:05 PM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
For those of you who are wondering, those funny wedge shape APC's the IDF are using are called Achzarit which in Hebrew means Evil Woman [img]http://idf-sp.tripod.com/images/meangirl.jpg[/img] They are very interesting- beleve it or not each one of them started life in the 1950's or 60's as a T54 or T55 MBT! The IDF chose to make them their first line APC over BOTH the Bradley and the M113, they valued the very heavy armor and the low shilloette over the mobility and firepower of the American machines. They still use a lot of M113's but the Achzarit does all the really serious work- all the Merkava equipped brigades have Achzarit equipped infantry units for example. [img]http://idf-sp.tripod.com/images/achzarit.jpg[/img] Interesting rear door, very similar to Merkava's rear hatch. This conversion has worked so well that the Russians for sure- and possibly the Indians and Chinese as well- have started converting their huge fleets of T54/55's and T62's into a similar design, the BTR-T. A good bit safer than the highly flammable BMP-2 and 3.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:22:01 PM EDT
[img]http://bin.homestead.com/files/dropak.jpg[/img] Sung to the tune of [i]Winter Wonderland[/i]: In the street, there's a raghead. Trigger breaks, now he's all dead. .308 round Shot that bitch down. Stalkin' in a sniper wonderland. Spinal shot, I had a clear sight. It turned him off, like a porch light. Call his mom on the phone, He's not coming home. Stalkin' in a sniper wonderland.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:43:32 PM EDT
Arafat phoning up the Arabs in a vain attempt to convince them to attack Israel... And those guys firing ak's at apc's and armor... standing in the middle of the road... are morons.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:51:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: [img]http://bin.homestead.com/files/dropak.jpg[/img] Sung to the tune of [i]Winter Wonderland[/i]: In the street, there's a raghead. Trigger breaks, now he's all . .308 round Shot that bitch down. Stalkin' in a sniper wonderland. Spinal shot, I had a clear sight. It turned him off, like a porch light. Call his mom on the phone, He's not coming home. Stalkin' in a sniper wonderland.
View Quote
This is sooo funny!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:09:06 PM EDT
[img]santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper1-sm.jpg[/img]
Geez, which part of the concept of "cover" or "sights" don't these guys understand?
View Quote
I have yet to see one of these guys actually AIM ..... Hey I am not complaining just makes it easier for the US trained sniper < Im assuming > to get a shot off... Ive never looked down the sights of an AK, Is it even possible to aim < UNDER STRESS >with such a thin stock? Does that explain why Ive never seen one AIM... Cluster....
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:22:45 PM EDT
Whats the URL of the website these pics came from, plz?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:31:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cluster: Ive never looked down the sights of an AK, Is it even possible to aim < UNDER STRESS >with such a thin stock? Does that explain why Ive never seen one AIM...
View Quote
Yes, and if they had any brains they would be firing bursts only.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:08:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gravitynoodle: Whats the URL of the website these pics came from, plz?
View Quote
If they were just from the web somewhere I wouldn't have bothered posting. They're copyrighted AP material. Please don't distribute them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:14:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:17:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hawkeye1: Best tell CNN that because they have most of them on their website.
View Quote
What, you don't think CNN has contracts with the AP? Are you crazy?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 5:24:04 PM EDT by Hawkeye1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:22:27 PM EDT
No they're not secret, they're copyrighted. There's a difference. CNN pays the AP for access to these, and you vary rarely get to see them full size. I'm also looking for the types of pics that CNN won't put on their page.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:34:05 PM EDT
If you must know, I work at CNN.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:50:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By odobo: [img]http://bin.homestead.com/files/Arafat-sm.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Is that a McUzi on the table?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:54:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:58:55 PM EDT
No, I just don't want material that my company has to pay for floating around and it be my fault, you see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 6:11:57 PM EDT by cluster]
AHH... good point... OK now .. ease off and just enjoy the information that we otherwise [i]might[/i] not have .. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:18:17 PM EDT
Hmm OK... its been a while and I am tired of waiting... When are the arguments about what caliber was used to take that guy out going to start...??? My opinions: 1: 5.56 2: .308 3: Slingshot 4: Anti Terrorist bird $hit.. and lets not forget the "IT didnt happen" argument.... Cluster..
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 6:41:55 PM EDT by ParaPyroPig]
[img]http://bin.homestead.com/files/dropak.jpg[/img] [red] THAT'S WHY I SAY "HEY MAN, NICE SHOT! WHATA GOOD SHOT, MAN!!!!!" HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY MAAAAAAAAN, NICE GUN....[/red] [b]In Hannibal the cannibal's voice: "Best thing for him, really; his therapy was going nowhere."[/b] P3[pyro][^]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:53:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Necromancer: OK so I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to tanks, I was in the Navy dammit. Does that tank have a front blade sight on the barrel? If it is what is it used for. I thought all of the sighting is done electornically?!?!? WTF is that for?
View Quote
Barrel/tube droop sensor. (Part of it anyways.) At least thats what I [b]think[/b] it is. Anyone else? -T
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:27:40 PM EDT
most isreali "sniper" rifles ( not all mind you but most) are really modifide m16's. usually witha bipod and a cheek peice and a scope of some sort, so I would guess that it was a 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:56:24 AM EDT
Wonderland cont: CHORUS: In the street you can see a gunman Maybe he even got off a couple rounds looks like he took it in the throat then fell to the ground and bounced around. Shit your pants spit up blood clots watch as friends pick you corpse up.. Were having a ball shooting at walls walkin in a combat hinter land!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:40:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: If you must know, I work at CNN.
View Quote
Foxnews is hiring.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:59:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2002 4:01:46 AM EDT by Tuukka]
Originally Posted By ah1z: most isreali "sniper" rifles ( not all mind you but most) are really modifide m16's. usually witha bipod and a cheek peice and a scope of some sort, so I would guess that it was a 5.56.
View Quote
Ahem, those would be the Designated Marksman rifles available in 3 or 4 variants. The Israeli army standard [b]sniper[/b] rifle is the M24 SWS.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top