Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2002 4:02:37 PM EDT
Subject: What was the name of that Terrorist?

Anyone remember this??

It was 1987 !

At a lecture the other day they played an old news video of Lt. Col.
Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan
Administration.  There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by some senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, " Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience,"isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No?  And why not?"  the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir"

"Threatened?  By whom?"  the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist?  What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't.  A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued.  Why are you so afraid of this man?"

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

If anyone is interested, the senator was Al Gore.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
This was posted before and proved to be an urban legend. It was also brought up on the O'reilly factor when Oliver North was on and he said it was false. It was another terrorist and another senator. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
This story is not true.  Many of the facts are correct but the TIQ (terrorist in question) was not Osama.

I don't have the link handy but the reason I know this is false is because I also fell for it about 5 or 6 months ago.

AR i.t.w's

Edited to say that CAPITALIST beat me by just a few seconds...  [beer]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I  AL Gore!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the Urban Legends website should be everyone's home page...

Read more about this one here: [url]http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe the Urban Legends website should be everyone's home page...

Read more about this one here: [url]http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.htm [/url]
View Quote

No sh-t!

Just wait a month and another dumb-aXX will post it again.

How about:

Anyone remember this??

It was 1987 !

At a lecture the other day they played an old news video of Lt. Col.
Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan
Administration. There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by some senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, " Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience,"isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir"

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is [b]Big Foot AKA "The Skunk Ape," "Yeti" etc.[/b], Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?"

"Because, sir, he is the most evil creature alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

If anyone is interested, the senator was a[b] Space Alien.
[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top