Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 10:35:06 AM EDT
Anyone else catching this?

I mean, it's barely bee 24 hours  since the last attack. The dead have yet to be burried yet, and now more death.

Why the hell isn't the PLO wiped off the face of the earth already? Why are "peace talks" even taking place if this continues to go on?

How long till something like this hits America?

Is this what the sleeper cells are planning on next?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
As I Write this at 1:57 central time, The Israeli Army tanks are rolling into the Palistinian Areas.

The Israeli's are not going to screw around this time. Yassar is screaming that he accepts the cease fire, but it's way to late.

The Isreali's are calling what happened yesterday, The Passover Massacre and are going to do some real killing this time.

General all out war in the middle East within two weeks, Syria, Iran, Iraq, will attempt a sudden attack on the Jewish State, SCUD's attacking Tel Aviv and Hafia , U.S. involvement...

We are looking right down the barrel of World War III, and we will be drafting 18 year olds before mid summer. U.S forces will be involved in actual combat in more countries than at any time since the end of World War II.

The possibility of the use of Nuclear Weapons in the next six months, is higher than any time since the Cuban Missle Crisis of 1962.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
SHTF
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SHTF
View Quote

SH'ingTF
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a huge fan of Israel, but I think it's time for them to open a [b]HUGE[/b] case of whoop-ass. Arafat-ass's days are numbered. He's a dead man.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep us informed.  I'm in an office and do not have access to a TV.  None of the news websites have posted anything yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
If this leads to war, better now than later.  We enjoy a greater military advantage now than at any time in history.  The Palistinians have shown that they cannot be reasoned with.  Force is the only option.

It's not likely that any large Islamic country (except Iraq) will be stupid enough to join the fray, but if they do, it would be the excuse we need to clean house.  I for one would be glad to go if recalled.  I honestly think we have never had a more just cause for War.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Nothing on major news channels so far.

Where are you getting this information?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep,

I think that was the last straw. Its gonna get bad.  They want a war, well Isreal is gonna give it to them.

Benjamin

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I would say there is a very good chance that Yassar has little or no control over all the militant arab groups.  He may have nothing to do with this.  Killing people in a restaurant duirng peace talks that would provide you your goal, an palastian state, doesn't make much sense and it doesn't help the Worlds opion of your cause.  

On the other hand if your goal is to start a war and ultimately attempt to destroy Israel then he is doing well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Either Arafat is incredibly ballsy, incredibly stupid, or has absolutely no control over his people.  I think it's time to just take him out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I for one, think that Isreal has shown great restraint for 12 years now.....time for them to kick @ss.

Someone should put a price on Yassars head
Dead or alive
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of Israel, but I think it's time for them to open a [b]HUGE[/b] case of whoop-ass. Arafat-ass's days are numbered. He's a dead man.
View Quote

Yup. Release the hounds.

All out war.

Peace thru strength. Give cowards a reason to fear.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto nothing on Fox, Drudge, WND.  Thats pathetic when AR15.com users scoop the news before everyone else.  On the other hand way to AR15.com!  
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Some news on MSNBC.COM

http://www.msnbc.com/news/677951.asp?cp1=1

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto nothing on Fox, Drudge, WND.  Thats pathetic when AR15.com users scoop the news before everyone else.  On the other hand way to AR15.com!  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#16]
CBN news provides alot of good news about the middle east that other news stations just seem to ignore. Although I don't like the way that Pat Robertson presents things sometimes,the news at least get told.

Thier is also a news review on TBN (A Christian channel) that covers even more about the middle east than CBN or any of the regular news networks. I can't remember the name of the show but the lives of the two men on the show seem to be dedicated to telling the news of middle east affairs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]

I would say there is a very good chance that Yassar has little or no control over all the militant arab groups
View Quote

I have been thinking about that very thing for 6 months.  No , and that makes it even worse. They have to try and stop the war, they have to reach out and try and go with the only man that could STOP the war, but he is totally powerless, hence there won't be any preventing war.

(ThePalestinian view point might look like this)ARAFAT IS OLD HAT, HIS OWN EXTREMISTS HAVE LEFT HIM, and USE him for a mouthpeice against the UN,US, and ISREAL.  They all the while must think the time for destroying Isreal is now, while they see that perhaps in the end all the Arab world may be with them.... Saudi has been seen with Palestinine in recent weeks.... hmmm,

Benjamin

EDITED TO ADD:
I STILL CAN'T FIND ANY NEWS ON THIS??? WHAT GIVES??

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#18]
/rant on

It's spelled Israel, folks...

ISRAEL
---^^-

I S R A E L
------^ ^--

I-S-R-A-E-L
------^ ^--

... please note the sequence of "A" and "E" ...

/rant off

Thanks guys.

~smug

(edited to get the silly arrows pointing to the right letters....)
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
/rant on

It's spelled Israel, folks...

ISRAEL
---^^-

I S R A E L
------^ ^--

I-S-R-A-E-L
------^ ^--

... please note the sequence of "A" and "E" ...

/rant off

Thanks guys.

~smug

(edited to get the silly arrows pointing to the right letters....)
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I would say there is a very good chance that Yassar has little or no control over all the militant arab groups.  He may have nothing to do with this.  
View Quote

They're still operating out of his jurisdiction, and he's made it a point to do just shy of nothing at all.

Killing people in a restaurant duirng peace talks that would provide you your goal, an palastian state, doesn't make much sense and it doesn't help the Worlds opion of your cause.

On the other hand if your goal is to start a war and ultimately attempt to destroy Israel then he is doing well.
View Quote

And you are right.  The goal is not just a Palestinian state, but also the destruction of Israel.  They won't stop until it's over.  Hamas denounced the Saudi peace plan because they say until there is no Israel they will not stop.  And who was the Passover Massacre suicide bomber?  A member of Hamas.  The only reason the US wants to keep Israel on a tight leash is because our leaders know this could easily lead to WWIII.  But no matter how tight we try to hold Israel, I think they will soon have no choice but to start seriously kicking ass.

Let's not forget that 18 months ago Israel agreed to hand over 95% of all the lands the Palestinians demanded, but Arafat declined and started this Infatada movement, thinking a protracted deadly conflict with the Israelis, where he could possibly make them look bad, would strengthen his position.  I think the jury is still out on what he's actually accomplished.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Obvoulsly Arafat is a wrinkled up old prune faced waking dead person.   What I'd like to know is who is really controlling the Palestinian efforts to destroy Israel?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I would say there is a very good chance that Yassar has little or no control over all the militant arab groups. He may have nothing to do with this.
View Quote

Unfortunately that is not true.

Look at it this way:

You have a farm where you raise wolves.  You keep it for about 20 years when you decide farming is not for you, and you move to the city to become a lawyer.  But, you don't put down the wolves, and you allow them to continue to run wild on the farm (fenced in).  You have your friends feed them from time to time.  

Now, 10 years after you have moved away, the wolves start to get out and kill the local livestock, and maybe threaten the local farmers kids.  

Now, tell me--can you truthfully say that "I am not responsible because I left the farm 10 years ago and I'm not a wolf farmer anymore"?  

It is the same way with Arafat--he was, and to some extent still is a terrorist leader.  If the more militant members of the PLO act up, he is still responsible for their actions.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would say there is a very good chance that Yassar has little or no control over all the militant arab groups. He may have nothing to do with this.
View Quote

Look at it this way:

You have a farm where you raise wolves.  You keep it for about 20 years when you decide farming is not for you, and you move to the city to become a lawyer.  But, you don't put down the wolves, and you allow them to continue to run wild on the farm (fenced in).  You have your friends feed them from time to time.  

Now, 10 years after you have moved away, the wolves start to get out and kill the local livestock, and maybe threaten the local farmers kids.  

Now, tell me--can you truthfully say that "I am not responsible because I left the farm 10 years ago and I'm not a wolf farmer anymore"?  

It is the same way with Arafat--he was, and to some extent still is a terrorist leader.  If the more militant members of the PLO act up, he is still responsible for their actions.

View Quote

Good point
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#25]

What I'd like to know is who is really controlling the Palestinian efforts to destroy Israel?
View Quote

Now that is the best damn question I have heard in a while.  

WHAT is SUPPORTING:  THEIR PARTICULAR IDEOLOGY & MONEY
WHO IS SUPPORTING:  
  What level do you want to look at??
  Are the most basic level. Are Terrorists and Terror ORganizations related to each other, the world over, because they are all in the "SAME LINE OF WORK"??? DON'T KNOW, Possible?
  If not then are they linked by Ideology. ABSOLUTELY. So how can the Palestinian Liberation Organization be supported??
IRAQ: SADDAM HUSSEIN And probably others funeling money across the boarder.
Syria: Undoubtedly, See Iraq.
FROM WITHIN PALESTINE: YES, People do have jobs overthere and do make money and yes  I am sure that they GIVE TO THE CAUSE.

SAUDI,JORDAN,EGYPT,LIBYA,IRAN,AFGHANISTAN,SUDAN,etc all have ANTI-Western Groups working within them motivated by their Ideology and working with their own money. A deduction but a sound one.
Then you have Starving Russian Scientist (who instead of picking up there shit and comming to America like all other Starving Scientist decide that it is better to Sell secrets and equipment to those who see it used against the West; Conclusion, Regardless of how Stupid Communism is to us, I am sure that there are still Soviet Hard Liners still working within Russia. Look at this, Russia may have collapsed but that still means that people were expected and educated to be good Communists right up until 1989, that is only 13 years ago. SO that means that the greatest portion of the soviet union is still communist. I am 29, I grew up in the 70's and Eighties, I had identified my politics and Ideology by the time I was in the Third Grade that puts it at 1980. At the Age of Eight I decided that Reagan was a good man. So I don't expect anything less from them. I will hold my views until I die, IN ABOUT 40YEARS OR SO!! I DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING LESS OF THEM AND SO THAT MEANS THAT EVEN THOSE BORN IN 1980 COULD POSSIBLY BE COMMUNISTS RIGHT UP UNTIL 2040+. With that goes along all the Arms sales since the 1950's.So here is your source of Klashnikovs,Explosives, Tanks, Aircraft,Missiles and everything else Soviet that is in the Hands of every Middle Eastern Nation. This shit has the potential to keep going on for 40 years. Before a New Ideology wipes it away.

And this Idea applied to the Islamic Fundamentalists themselves could carry on for another 100 yrs because those kinds of people are still being tought.  SO SOME PARTS OF THE MIDDLE EAST HAVE IDEOLOGICAL HATE FACTORIES(What they call schools) FOR CHILDREN... And those are not going to go away for a while possibly decades. which puts the last of them dieing off at 2080/90 or so....  Not a pretty Picture.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#26]
[size=4]Israeli tanks surround Arafat's office compound in West Bank[/size=4]
Thu Mar 28,10:21 PM ET

JERUSALEM - Israeli tanks surrounded Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat (news - web sites)'s office in the West Bank town of Ramallah early Friday, witnesses said.

The Israeli tanks were parked next to all the gates to the compound in the center of the town, the witnesses said, closer than Israeli forces have approached in the past.

There were heavy exchanges of gunfire between the Israeli forces and Palestinian gunmen.

Large numbers of Israeli tanks and armored personnel carriers closed in on Palestinian towns in the West Bank as Israel's Cabinet sat in a marathon session to decide on a response to Palestinian attacks.

On Wednesday, a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up at a hotel in the seaside city of Netanya at the beginning of the festive meal marking the beginning of the Jewish Passover holiday, killing 20 people. On Thursday, a Palestinian gunman entered a Jewish settlement near the West Bank city o Nablus and killed four Israelis.

At the beginning of the Cabinet meeting, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites) said that Arafat was personally to blame for the attacks.

See article at:[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020329/ap_wo_en_ge/israel_arafat_2&printer=1[/url]

Eric The(FlotillaReadyForLaunching)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#27]
We are looking right down the barrel of World War III, and we will be drafting 18 year olds before mid summer.
View Quote

I doubt it.

If the Arab countries go to war with Israel, who's going to jump in on either side to turn it into WWIII?

The US?  Possibly... if it isn't another quick victory for Israel or if US forces in the region are attacked.

Russia?  They've given Iraq diplomatic support in the past but they aren't dumb enough to actually fight on behalf of the Chechens' friends.  

China?  They don't care about the Middle East and they don't have the means to intervene even if they wanted to.  The only way they could enter the picture would be if they just happened to invade Taiwan at the same time.

North Korea?  They have their hands full with South Korea.

Pakistan?  They aren't Arabs and they have their hands full with India.

Iran?  Possibly, but they aren't going to bump things up to the WWIII level.

The UK?  They might back up the US in a fight with Iraq.

France?  I don't think so.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Israel just called up the reserves...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes anti-semitism is alive and well in Europe.
Also Thursday, about 600 pro-Palestinian foreigners, mostly European members of a group called Public International Protection, arrived in Ramallah, saying they hoped to serve as human shields against any Israeli action
View Quote

Helping the Nazis almost anniahlate European Jewry 60 years ago isn't enough, now they got to go follow them to their new country and assist in the latest attempt at their destruction.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fox news just broke in and reported that the attack on the evil one is under way.  The forces of light are bulldozing the evil one's fences and have laid seige to his compound with 3o tanks.  The army of light has called up its reserves and is preparing for all out war so it would seem.

I do not stand neutral here.  Arafat is the archetype of all modern terrorists.  He must be dealt with and done away with.  He is through, I hope.  If this leads to armaggedon then so be it, enough is enough.  This arafat is the great deciever and a holdover from the soviets.  His time is done and so too his followers.  Perhaps when we wake from this nightmare we will then be able to live in peace.
View Quote

Got film?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Arafat has always been and still is a terrorist.  He is a pathological liar as well.  After the Oslo accords he was making speeches about the destruction of Israel.  You can bet your ass he has encouraged the vermin if not controlled them.  Even his current statements have not sought peace but rather Israel's agreement to ALL his demands.  That is NOT negotiation!  He is NOT a man of peace!  He should have been worm food many years ago.  They must kill him and systematically eliminate all members of Hamas and all the other nests of vermin.  Not until they are all dead will there be peace.  I hope the other Arabs are stupid enough to jump in this.  Until we teach them about fear and utter destruction none of us can sleep at night.  I do not intend to live like the Israelies - in constant fear of the next attack.  It is time for our ENEMY to live that way!!

Iam 52 and way beyond the draft.  I am old and decrepit  but more than willing to put my ass where my mouth is (some say they look alike!!) and do whatever I can in this war.  I am sick and tired of this BS.  I got really pissed 9/11 and it has NOT abated one bit!  

To all the moslem and Arab vermin there and here, bring it on!!  Either surrender and behave like civilized people of peace or die!

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:18:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look at it this way:

View Quote

You nailed it, bro!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Arafat is a politician now, and therefore useless.  He's fat and part of the Arab anti-Israel establishment- whatever kind of a "fighter" he was, that was long ago.  He's irrelevant and a distraction to the process of peace in that region.  I still believe he'll be dead within the year, from Israeli or Palestinian hands.

Once he's out of the picture, all hell will break loose in the region... we're seeing the beginning of the end there now.  The pendulum will swing from the moderate/middle position it's in now, to the extreme of violence and [i]almost[/i] all out war, then back again once a number of the more extreme players are dead.  

Unfortunately, a large number of innocents will die in the process.  Israel will come out on top- they're strong and stubborn bastards and willing to take it as far as needed.

I think, however, that the US and other nations will watch from the sidelines, with the exception of those directly involved, like Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon.

But then, I may be wrong...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top