Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2002 8:52:30 AM EDT
ok folks what do you think some of our past presidents would have responded to the attack on america on 9-11? please forgive me if this has been covered. i think that teddy roosevelt would have made quick work of tehran,baghdad,and mecca. rescue92
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:09:06 AM EDT
Without hesitation he would order the launching of several Tomahawks and blow up a training camp or two. News media would praise his quick and calculated response. Our president would then announce "we will bring them to justice" and "no ground troops". Finally that night sitting back in his chair in the Oval Office, with his feet up on the desk, the new intern would light his cigar. Shok
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:36:45 AM EDT
Jimmuh Corter* would blither & dither until a "real" president got elected. * Now only our [i]second[/i] worst president.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2002 9:42:14 AM EDT by AR_Rifle]
Past Presidents don't concern me, it's the future ones that count....what will they do? i.e. Hillary?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:55:05 AM EDT
Ronald Reagan would have decimated the entire Middle East.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:02:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:08:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR_Rifle: Past Presidents don't concern me, it's the future ones that count....what will they do? i.e. Hillary?
View Quote
I will bet you any amount of money you want that Hilary Clinton is never elected president.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:11:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:23:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
Originally Posted By AR_Rifle: Past Presidents don't concern me, it's the future ones that count....what will they do? i.e. Hillary?
View Quote
I will bet you any amount of money you want that Hilary Clinton is never elected president.
View Quote
NO I don't!....And I have good reason.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:24:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR_Rifle:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
No you don't what???
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:36:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By thedave1164:
Originally Posted By DamageInc: Ronald Reagan would have decimated the entire Middle East.
View Quote
I don't think anyone in the world would have been crazy enough to try, when Ronnie was in office.
View Quote
Reagan just push the "kill" button on the now implimented satellite death ray!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:48:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR_Rifle:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
No you don't what???
View Quote
Let say that I will not vote for her. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:11:00 AM EDT
Teddy - "Charge!!!!" Woodrow Wilson - Appeal to the League of Nations FDR - Raise taxes, create a make-work program and negotiate with Usama behind the scenes. Truman - First, fire Tommy Franks. Then fight Al Qaeda to a stalemate. Ike - They wouldn't dare. JFK - Talk tough, arrange for American air support and ground troops, then abandon the Northern Alliance at the last minute and let them get devoured alive. Johnson - Send troops over two at a time with orders not to shoot at any "civilian-looking" taliban. Nixon - Send GG Liddy and a couple of his "plumbers" to use NBC on them. Ford - Roll over and go back to sleep. Carter - Crawl into a fetal position on the ground and surrender. Reagan - "We begin bombing in five minutes" Bush Sr. - Send in the Schwartzkopf. Clinton - Unlatch Monica from his crotch, wipe, lob a cruise missle into the side of an Afghan mountain, then re-attach Monica.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:18:18 AM EDT
Reagan would come on tv and talk tough. Behind our backs he would arm the enemy with promises of them not hurting us anymore. KInda like when he traded arm for hostages with iran. Carter would send in a covert force that would probably fail do to lack of training and proper equipment. Teddy and George W. would be the only two presidents that would handle this properly.
Top Top