Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 7:47:30 AM EDT
I accidentally came accross this vese in my bible last night.   What God said to the jews couldn't be more true...

Numbers 33:55
But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them [shall be] pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, if God says it...

Who wants to bet against Him?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Beer Slayer beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
My question is why did GOD inhabit the land with pricks to begin with?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
basically another way of saying that if you force your way into someone's home and dont kill them all immediately, yes, theyre going to be annoying. you didn't really need the bible to tell you that, did you?.

i'm not saying that one side is more right than another, just that it shouldnt surprise anyone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Why isn't Arafat circumsized?
Just no end to that prick.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
How do YOU know he isn't? hehehe
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Ezekiel 25:17 - The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I accidentally came accross this vese in my bible last night.   What God said to the jews couldn't be more true...

Numbers 33:55
But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them [shall be] pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.
View Quote

And also in 16th(?) Century Elizabethan English and hundreds of years before the invention of the language !
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
According to the Bible, in the end times there will be no real lasting peace for Israel, or anyone for that matter.  Then, Kings from the East will attack (presumably Russia), but will be defeated by the hand of God.  Shortly thereafter, the Antichrist will come to power with his one world Government and offer Israel a 7 year treaty of peace and protection, which begins the time we Christians refer to as the Tribulation.

Funny how the Bible mentions a world government, something that many "progressives" tell us is the only way to survive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And also in 16th(?) Century Elizabethan English and hundreds of years before the invention of the language !
View Quote

You could always read it in either the Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic from which it was translated if you like, provided you are adept at the languages. [}:D]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

First, look at who the Lord is having Moses talk to:
(NIV)[red]33:51 "Speak to the [u]Israelites[/u] and say to them: `When you cross the Jordan into Canaan....[/red]

The BIGGEST misconception today is what the term "Jew" means.  Jew is short for Judah, the tribe of Judah.  Judah was only one of the tribes of the nation of Israelites, which were made up of Gad, Asher, Dan, etc...
JEW/JUDAH are only a part of the nation of Israel.  In the Bible you will find later that the Israelites and the tribe of Juhad were at war with each other. Afterwards, the rest of the Israelites after being lead of into captivity were spread through the world since then, and they have lost their identity.

"Israel" today is a piece of land that has been named Israel, and the confusion between what is a Jew, and what the nation of Israel was is due to the failure of our "spiritual" leaders to speak ALL the truth.  That piece of land in the middle east is in no way shape or form, the NATION of Israel in the old testament.  BUT.....the lord WAS speaking to the ISRAELITES in numbers 33:51, not just jews.  The jews were standing alongside their brethern tribes during that time.  

God will reunite the nation of Israel when his son returns. This is prophesied in Ezekiel.
[red](KJV)Ezk 33:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

[center]AND[/center]

Ezk 37:22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.[/red]

Check out that whole chapter to get the full context.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You could always read it in either the Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic from which it was translated if you like, provided you are adept at the languages. [}:D]
View Quote

Oh !  This was a translation into 16th century Elizabethan English.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top