Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 2:42:46 AM EDT
[url=http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26992][b]
WEAPONS OF CHOICE[/b][/url]

Gun Owners of America embraces Brady's son
Gets honorary membership after Sarah admits 'straw' rifle purchase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 28, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

The Gun Owners of America has awarded an honorary membership to the son of gun-control activist Sarah Brady.

In her recent autobiography, "A Good Fight," Brady admitted to purchasing a .30-06 caliber rifle for her son Scott, which allowed him to avoid the required criminal background check. Second Amendment activists believe a Delaware law might have been violated if she did not submit information on the person for whom she bought the gun.

"Now that Scott Brady is the proud owner of a high-powered 'sniper' rifle, he will most certainly need a fuller understanding of the Second Amendment than he ever received at home," Erich Pratt, the Gun Owners of America's communications director said in a statement.

In 1991, Sarah Brady became chair for Handgun Control Inc., a Washington-based lobby group pressing for tougher gun-control laws. Her husband James Brady was seriously wounded in the 1981 assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan while serving as the president's press secretary.

Last year Handgun Control was renamed the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence in honor of the Bradys.

"We congratulate Scott for keeping his name 'off paper,'" Pratt said. "Because the gun was bought under his mother's name, he completely avoided the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). This means authorities will never know he has the sniper rifle, a benefit which reduces the possibility that his gun could ever be confiscated by authorities."

In 1993, Congress passed the "Brady Bill" championed by Sarah Brady, which requires a five-day waiting period and background checks on handgun purchases.

Pratt says the government's system of keeping track of gun owners has been used to confiscate firearms.

"New York City registered long guns in the mid-1960s after promising those registration lists would never be used to confiscate the guns," Pratt said. "But in 1991, Handgun Control, Inc., supported the city when it banned many of the very guns which were previously registered. Some homes even received visits from police, who confiscated the banned firearms from the clutches of non- compliant gun owners."

Related Special Offers:

"The Seven Myths of Gun Control"

"The Second Amendment: Preserving the Unalienable Right"

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
They should give Sarah a membership as well.

My mother never gave me a .30-06. I was a neglected and disadvantaged child. Somebody owes me a rifle to compensate for all the hardship and suffering.

I demand reparation.  Who should I sue?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#2]
"Hey Mom, this is my new friend Mr. Pratt. He is teaching me about my second amendment rights under the United States Constitution. It is amazing all the stuff you never told me, why is that by the way? Anyway, I gotta go, we are going to take my rifle to the range and spend sometime talikng and shooting, this is really fascinating stuff. You should look into the second amendment some time. Have a good day, and thanks again for the rifle."

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Can't you just see her face??[:o)]

Oslow--
I had to buy all my guns myself, if we can find some more people like us, we can make it a class action suit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top