Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 4:07:15 PM EDT
Reading that wascally PETA thread, and the other one about the good ol' boys down der in Tulsa, OK reminded me of a great bumpersticker that was addressed to all of those rabbit food munchers that make sure you know everything about their plant-based diet:

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?"

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the one that said:

Vegetarian:  Indian word for "Bad Hunter"
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
VEGITARIAN: Old indian word for lousy hunter.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
sofoo beat me by 2 seconds!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Better than what I beat most people with [:)]

Nothing wrong with vegetarians, although most of the ones I know are pretty hot females, and not Vegans.  Wonder what kind of meat they will eat......
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
"She don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone"

...some band whose name I can't recall.

I tell SOME people that I'm a "second order vegetarian".  

What is that?, some ask.   A second order vegetarian eats first order vegetarians.  First order vegetarians are animals that graze, browse, and don't ordinarily eat meat.   Deer, cows, rabbits, chickens, pigs, horses, giraffes, antelope, gazelle, most birds, etc. are are all first order vegetarians, and some of them are on my menu.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I didnt spend 30 million years evolving to the top of the food chain to eat from the bottom of it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
cmjohnson, yeah, that was Dead Eye Dick, I think.

Some of those animals you listed actually do eat other animals, or, at least their bones, in an effort to get phosphorus.

I like the second order vegetarian bit.  That's great
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a vagitarian. I hunt vaginasaurus and like them raw.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL!  Guess I'm a gynecolosauraus rex!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I like vegetarians. My favorite foods are vegetarians [:D]

The ones who don't eat meat because they don't like the taste, I can deal with them.  It's the ones who are trying to make some kind of statement (like the Vegans who don't even eat honey because it's made by bees) that really bug me.  Plants are alive too.  It's all a matter of where certain people choose to draw the line.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Everytime I get a strawberry smoothie at Baluka Juice, I hear the poor innocent strawberries scream as they're dumped into the blender.

But I get over it.

What I love is that the vegetarians who tell you how good for you it is are all scrawny, pale, sickly looking bitches who my eleven year old nephew could smack around with impunity.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like vegetarians. My favorite foods are vegetarians [:D]

The ones who don't eat meat because they don't like the taste, I can deal with them.  It's the ones who are trying to make some kind of statement (like the Vegans who don't even eat honey because it's made by bees) that really bug me.  Plants are alive too.  It's all a matter of where certain people choose to draw the line.
View Quote

To quote from the CD "Undertow" by Tool,

"This is necessary.  This is necessary. Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life."

You have GOT to hear the track that comes from. It's the most amazing slam of vegetarianism (and funny as hell in a dark way) that you've ever heard.

Amazing CD, too.

Here's the lyrics of this selection:

(sheep bleating at intro)
" And the angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber,
And took me on high, and higher still until we moved into the spaces betwixt the air itself, and he brought me into a vast farmland of our own midwest, and as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.

One thousand, nay, a MILLION voices full of fear,and terror possessed me then, and I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "THESE are the cries of the carrots.  
You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day, and to them, it IS the HOLOCAUST."

And I sprang from my slumber, drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers, and roared, "Hear me now!  I have seen the light!   They have a consciousness!  They have a life!  They have a soul!    DAMN YOU!  LET the rabbits wear glasses!  Save our brothers!  Can I get an 'amen'?  (Sheep bleating, sounds like 'amen) Can I get a 'halleleujah'? (Sheep bleating, sounds like halleleujah)  Thank you, Jesus.  "

It's a great tune.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone else remember VFOS, Vegetarians For Oral Sex?  "The only meat that's fit to eat!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#14]
My brother in law is a vegan, it dooes it for principle, never does the 'you should bs' I can respect that. As for me...I like meat!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"She don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone"

...some band whose name I can't recall.

I tell SOME people that I'm a "second order vegetarian".  

What is that?, some ask.   A second order vegetarian eats first order vegetarians.  First order vegetarians are animals that graze, browse, and don't ordinarily eat meat.   Deer, cows, rabbits, chickens, pigs, horses, giraffes, antelope, gazelle, most birds, etc. are are all first order vegetarians, and some of them are on my menu.

CJ

View Quote

The group is Dead Eye Dick, the song Mary Moe.

I am a carnivore because I cannot stand to eat living plants (salads) or unborn children of plants (all seeds).  Even worse would be the reproductive organs of plants (broccoli).

Plant's Rights NOW!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#16]
cmjohnson - are you aware that most animal feeds (chicken, etc) have animal by-products in them ?

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
cmjohnson - are you aware that most animal feeds (chicken, etc) have animal by-products in them ?

View Quote

And all ruminating herbivores derive ATP from an amoebic femrmentation in the multiple stomachs.  Therefore, a cow/sheep/deer etc. eats to support a single cell animal of which the animal eats.  Wow, cows are not primary vegitarians but secondary!

FYI, this same organism is also present in other lower life forms that live on celluose.  Termites are a good example.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I was reading a bag of chicken feed and it contained chicken by-products. I thought that was funnny is a sick kind of way. But i guess this is the kind of stuff that leads to mad cow in beef.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top