Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 12:25:08 PM EDT
My brother needed some cash to move into a new apartment, so I just acquired a Bushy.  I'm sure the picture speaks for itself, but it's got a heavy barrel and camo stock.  

[IMG]http://www.gotbeer.net/images/guns/web/images/camobushy.jpg[/IMG]

I also just picked up this 37mm launcher for my Colt.

[IMG]http://www.gotbeer.net/images/guns/web/images/colt-37mm2.jpg[/IMG]

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice bro!

Are you going to be doing any modifications to the Bushy, or will you leave it "as is"?

Tyler
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
How well does that bump assist trigger thingy on the Colt work?

The 37mm looks like it hangs a little low.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sniff...Nice gun...Sniff...[>(]

You make everyone under Caliban rule jealous with envy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]
if your ever in houston texas, bring your bushy and your colt.  then let me know, and i will show you where the range is.  can you let me shoot your 37mm?  i have never done it. thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Tyler,
I'm probably goin got keep the Bushy stock.  I do like the look of the Y-Comp and Y-mini comp from Bushmaster.  I haven't decided which one I like better yet, but I'm going to put one on it.  

Trickshot,
Don't waste your time with the Tac-Trigger, just learn to bump fire.  Works much better!  I am tweaking my tac trigger though, and I seem to be making progress.

The laucher seems to fit fine, and I installed it using the mounts that came with it.  It's my first one, so I just did it the way that made the most sense to me.  Is there a way to bring it closer to the barrel?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
jboze,

I've never played around with 37mm's before.  Is that a lever (attached to an internal spring) on the right side?  Does this thing actually fire like a pinball machine?

Just curious...nice rifles.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
The lever is used to "cock" it.  When you pull the trigger, it launches the firing pin forward, and it strikes the primer on the 37mm round.  Pretty simple!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, okay (I guess this is, "Duh, Beavis" Day for me :-)

The Army M203 works a little differently, but I suppose the principle is still the same. Cocking action on a 203 is generated by manipulation of the tube itself, which then cocks the internal hammer for firing.

What kind of range to you get out of one of those?  Are there many different loads you can buy for a 37mm?  And - does anyone make an adapter so I can put one on my M4gery?

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The range depends on the lift charge.  The ones I've bought seem  to go over 100 yards straight up.  You can reload them, and people claim to get over 200 yards from some.  They have many different kinds of rounds, from bird bombs, to smoke, to starburts (like fireworks).  

And YES, they do make mounts to fit the M4gery!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top