Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 8:37:05 AM EDT
Anyone get the new BHI cat?  I wonder who is steve and why people think he is a P**sy
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Got it in the mail a couple of days ago.

Who is Steve? One of the "models"?

-
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Got the Gall's edition a few weeks ago. Please point out what you are referring to.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 2002 BHI catalog that was handed out at SHOT show, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps "steve" is one of the Mexican, Korean, or Appalacian laborers that sew Blackhawk gear?

Or maybe he is one of the American craftsmen who sew Eagle gear?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Opps, My bad, its Scott, not steve who is a pussy.  I Quote from Page 16 (Angle Draw Shoulder Holster) of the 2002 cat.  "Twin spare mag carriers provide extra and balance out the rig.  Scott is a Pussy.  Special Features include:"

The Scott is a pussy quote was covered in White Out, which of course drew my attention and I just had to scratch it off.  

And Yes I know Im going to hell for buying from blackhawk, but since I already was anyway cause of my smoking, drinking and fornication it dont really matter.

Edited to add, Appalachan laboror would be an American methunks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't Scott the first name of the Navy Seal that keeps making an ass of himself on Combat Missions?

I think that Blackhawk supplied all of the gear for the show.

Possible connection?

Karl
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always been under the impression that the sewing for BHI was done in a small town outside of Ashville, NC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
When it comes to BH vs. SOE I cannot compare. As of yet I have no SOE gear, and I'm sure it is fine.

BUT, my Blackhawk gear is just fine too. Never had a problem with any of it, even the new stuff. Ma Adidas were also assembled somewhere in Korea and they work too.

Would I prefer it was made in the USA? Of course. But for socio-economic reasons it isn't. But I also wonder if the guy in Korea (or wherever) takes more pride in his product than the US factory worker who was on the Jerry Springer show last week.

So UNTIL my Blackhawk gear starts to be noticably substandard, I will still buy it. That just ain't happened yet.

But I would like to check out the SOE gear you guys keep talking about.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a rumor going around that they were moving production to Red China, but settled on Taiwan after receiving some colorful e-mails. I don't know which products are made in Taiwan at this point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard that the guy modeling the should harnesses is Scott.  I think I heard he was a SEAL, but I can't remember the story exactly.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've always been under the impression that the sewing for BHI was done in a small town outside of Ashville, NC.
View Quote

Used to be. But a couple years ago they started having alot of their gear made in third world countries. Cut their labor cost quit a bit. But the end users didnt see any of the savings passed on to us, instead the savings went into Mike Noells wallet.

For the same price you can get Eagle gear, which is both american made and slightly higher quality.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I know Lightfighter well, he is a mod on www.full-auto.com where I am also a mod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top