Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 8:32:51 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Came over to look into advertising and such after speaking to the BRC guys this morning about donating a rifle to be given away at the convention.

Then I read this.
http://ak.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=51551

Thus the question, is this the way the mods and industry folks here treat others in the industry normally?  Publishing sound bites from private business conversations on public forums in order to make others look bad.

Just seems odd to me and I'm trying to get some idea as to the motivation.  I was pretty excited about the rifle we had put together to give away, and was hoping that if we worked hard enough and put together something nice enough, even a true black rifle loyalist would appreciate it.

Cheers, Charles
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]

[url]http://ak.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=51551[/url]

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not exactly sure what is going on here.  Can you explain the situation a little for me please.  I read the above thread, and all I got is that there was a misunderstanding between the two of, but there's no supporting information.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
How is it being treated bad in the link you mentioned? The person posting didn't at all mention a business or name in particular, he was only asking for AK sponser help?

In your reply seems you are the one who started calling names and revealed your hand, if not for that noone would have known what mfg anyone was speaking of?

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a little background:

The same guy posted last week that he was working with us as a sponsor or the BRC - no other comany has been mentioned by name - it was obvious who he was talking about.

I spoke with him again today about 10:00 a.m., and told him that I would need the rest of today to see what we could put together as a rifle for raffle, and to make a decision as to whether we wanted to do it (give a $1000 AK away to an AR crowd).

BTW, what do you guys think?  Would you be interested in winning an ultra nice AK, or would you sell it in the parking lot?  Tell the truth.  :-)

I guess because I spent the day working on the project and in the shop and did not get back to him soon enough, he decided that he would air parts of our conversation publically and basically say that he was looking for a new AK sponsor because I did not 'understand' business.

I found this very odd and very unprofessinal.  I am basically wondering what the deal is?  I don't have anyway of contacting the mods/owners/sponsors here since I don't know who they are, so I figured a post would be the best means for adding some clarity to the situation since it was all ready made public by Tim.

Charles
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BTW, what do you guys think?  Would you be interested in winning an ultr nice AK, or would you sell it in the parking lot?  Tell the truth.  :-)

Charles
View Quote

i think anyone that owns/shoots the AR also has a healthy respect for the AK, the two are part of a greater common interest, like mustang and vette owners, yhey are ALL sportscar owners, get the picture?
about the other thing, i too am confused.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Publishing sound bites? HUH? Posting a link to that thread was a rather bad move on your part, because your reply makes YOU come across as "unprofessional" and a "complete ass."
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
thebeekeeper1

Agree 100%.  I was lucky enough to have the men in my family take me aside when I was younger and tell me to never, ever sell a firearm unless I was 110% sure, because I would regret it later in life.

Also, I appreciate all of the input on the AK.  I hope that things work out and we are there.

I'm kind of old fashioned about things like honor, hand shakes, trust, and a man's word, and probably react too strongly when these things that are important to the way I conduct my life and business are violated.  

Charles
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Zardoz,

You're right.

Charles
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]
does redstararms have a website?
by the way, (ooohhh, he typed it all out)
i too was given that golden piece of advice about firearms, i still have the first firearm i was ever given, i think just selling guns outright is kinda like selling our freedom, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't sweat it. If only I could count the number of times I have made an ass of myself.......I would try to again forget them!Edited to add that RedStarArms does have a website. To be fair, since I've pretty much called Charles an ass, they have a lot of nice stuff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I happen to know both of the BRC organizers, and feel that this is just a misunderstanding.

Sell it in the parking lot, my ass!  If I win it, that bad boy's coming home to Texas!! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

BTW, what do you guys think?  Would you be interested in winning an ultra nice AK, or would you sell it in the parking lot?  Tell the truth.  :-)

Charles
View Quote

Not hardly! I purchased a SAR-2 and it's a great little gun. Having a really well built AK would just make me appreciate them more.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I definitely second what you said in the other thread.  I have been fortunate enough to have experienced only a handful of bad transactions in my relatively short career in the industry.  Both of these were the result of my being tricked into going too far with customer service.  Gosh, you guys would get a kick out of one of the instances because of who it involved and your feeling about him, but that would be very, very unprofessional.

Given the requisite exceptions to any rule, gun guys are usually good guys.  I honestly believe that.  It is obviously an oversimplification, but chances are if you meet a guy at a gun club or before dawn along the road bordering the local public hunting land, he's someone you can trust.

We do have a website.  I don't know what the policy here is for posting links as a non-advertiser, so I won't post it.  But, you can figure it out.  Use redstararms surrounded by periods and a couple other generic markers, and you'll get there.  Or just search on any engine.

Charles
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
People post links to different companies all the time. (You'd be truly amazed at what gets linked here)[url]http://www.redstararms.com/[/url]Edited because I'm too stupid to even spell "amazed" correctly
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:15:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I made absolutely [u]NO[/u] mention of any of our conversations to anyone other than to my partner...  and unfortunately it appears that he may have taken some of it out of context.

Charles, in light of your email and posting campaign, you should probably contact me ASAP this morning, to resolve this issue...  I was made aware of it when I opened my email this morning, and immediately thought WTF..? Since I am the one you spoke with, I'll take fully responsibility for any miscommunications that have taken place... on both sides!

Tim Greene
217-223-5082
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Red Star, Most of us here own more than one type of weapon, and love 'em all. You, as an advertiser, if your product is any good, would see some business from me.......
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/liberty86%2Faktable1%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I've already bought something from RedStar and wouldn't have if there hadn't been posts about the company in the forums at ak.ar15.com.

I own a couple of AKs and wouldn't kick another one out of my safe [;)]

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I just spoke with Charles, and we are all very much on the same page...  

There was a misunderstanding created by a post that was made by Grin_N_Barrett, thus "outing" a potential sponsor that has yet to commit for numerous reasons. Unfortunately, I was not aware of any posts until this one.  [:(]

Due to the passion within this industry, it's very easy for things to be misinterpreted at times, but everything is cool, and again we are all very much on the same page! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Excellent.  Now let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Hell, I hate to admit this, but:

I own three times as many AKs as I do ARs!

And I own quite a few ARs!

So I would be quite happy winning any AK-style weapon![:D]

Does that make me a reprobate?

Eric The(JustAsking)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#32]
^ BTT ^

Just keeping this around, so all that may have read the initial posts, will realize that all is well in the land...
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Hope you show up as exhibitors.  I need to pick some brains on revolvers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top