Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
When ever anyone feels that there heritage has been slighted and uses their own accomplishments as a human to belittle another based on race, it breads contempt.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A point has been raised here that I do want to cast the glaring spotlight of reality on.

Every sperm is sacred, and even in this overpopulated world, we insist that our members do not use any form of contraception.
CJ
View Quote

Me too!  Every person on earth could live in the space currently occupied by Jacksonville, Florida.  Give each 1 acre of land, and every person on earth could live the area occupied by Texas.

Just a little fact to consider next time you hear how there are "too many people".
View Quote

Run those numbers again.   HOW many acres does it take to sustain the crops and animals that it takes to sustain the average person?

Look at India. A billion people, crammed so close together that one fart is experienced by hundreds.  A great many of them are hungry and even starving.

Look at other countries.  You don't have to look far to find people living and dying in a desert that used to be farmland...until the rains stopped coming.  

Look at our own midwest back in the 1930's.  The Great Dust Bowl.

With ideal utilization of our resources, we could feed maybe fifty billion people, or more.
But I don't want to live on a planet that's nothing but a farm to feed fifty billion mostly useless people, who contribute nothing except their own waste products, including a great deal of industrially generated HEAT.

Population pressure in many countries is well beyond the critical point now.

Every species of animal known reacts negatively to overpopulation conditions and to conditions where the food supply is inadequate.  

Look at a population density map of the United States or any other part of the world, and then look at maps that show violent and/or criminal activity per capita, and you will see that such activity is closely associated with higher population densities.   Even rats go squirrely when you overcrowd them.

Yes, there is an overpopulation issue in some parts of the world.   And I would like to see it reduced in the normal course of events.  Nothing drastic, just people deciding that one kid is enough until the population is down to about two or three billion, worldwide.  

CJ

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A point has been raised here that I do want to cast the glaring spotlight of reality on.

Every sperm is sacred, and even in this overpopulated world, we insist that our members do not use any form of contraception.
CJ
View Quote

Me too!  Every person on earth could live in the space currently occupied by Jacksonville, Florida.  Give each 1 acre of land, and every person on earth could live the area occupied by Texas.

Just a little fact to consider next time you hear how there are "too many people".
View Quote

Run those numbers again.   HOW many acres does it take to sustain the crops and animals that it takes to sustain the average person?

Look at India. A billion people, crammed so close together that one fart is experienced by hundreds.  A great many of them are hungry and even starving.

Look at other countries.  You don't have to look far to find people living and dying in a desert that used to be farmland...until the rains stopped coming.  

Look at our own midwest back in the 1930's.  The Great Dust Bowl.

With ideal utilization of our resources, we could feed maybe fifty billion people, or more.
But I don't want to live on a planet that's nothing but a farm to feed fifty billion mostly useless people, who contribute nothing except their own waste products, including a great deal of industrially generated HEAT.

Population pressure in many countries is well beyond the critical point now.

Every species of animal known reacts negatively to overpopulation conditions and to conditions where the food supply is inadequate.  

Look at a population density map of the United States or any other part of the world, and then look at maps that show violent and/or criminal activity per capita, and you will see that such activity is closely associated with higher population densities.   Even rats go squirrely when you overcrowd them.

Yes, there is an overpopulation issue in some parts of the world.   And I would like to see it reduced in the normal course of events.  Nothing drastic, just people deciding that one kid is enough until the population is down to about two or three billion, worldwide.  

CJ

View Quote

Right on.  I remember a little thing called the Hypier-Worf Stress Hypothesis (if I remember it correctly) that postulated many of the things you mention.  As population increases, competition and "stress" on the species increases.  In the animal kingdom, birth rates then begin to drop because of the "stress."  This is primarily what keeps the species in check.  Not so with us naked apes.  We just keep breeding.  Me, I've got two little rugrats.  Just enough to replace the Missus and Me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Look at India. A billion people, crammed so close together that one fart is experienced by hundreds.
View Quote

ROFLMAO [:D]

View Quote

Stop making so much sense!  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at India. A billion people, crammed so close together that one fart is experienced by hundreds. A great many of them are hungry and even starving.
View Quote

High population density and poverty don't always go hand in hand.  Japan and Belgium are crowded and rich; Chad and Mongolia are empty and poor.

And while large cities do generate more crime than smaller population centers, they also support more economic, scientific and cultural activity.  

Just a thought to cheer everyone up before you guys do something drastic to reduce the world's population. [X]

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you are actually white, maybe pink, with a little brown, but, not white.

waterdog
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one brown spot on me.  Would anyone care to take a look?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I am proud of my tree...
my tree is proud of me...
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm just proud to be a Human Being. We are all humans. Concieved and Born the same way!!!!!

^..^
View Quote

Really?! I was born in a bombcrater.  My father was the Devil and my mother was an M16...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top