Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 4:42:53 AM EDT
In a fairly obvious attempt to keep Sarah in the limelight while defuzing the whole illegal straw purchase scandal, Sarah went on GMA this morning to talk about her cigarette addiction and battle with lung cancer.

While I sympathize with her lung cancer problem, since both my grandfathers died of lung cancer, I have to question anyone who is stupid enough and weak enough NOT to be able to Quit Smoking, after being diagnosed with lung cancer.  I mean Christ, how stupid is that?  Yes quitting is hard (it took me four tries and the urge still hits like a jackhammer some times) but when a doctor tells you that cancer is eating your lungs, you go get help to quit.  If you have real problems, then you find a friggin' AA style program to battle you through.  Anything else is just plain DUMB.

I guess that proves why she continues to rant and rave about guns despite the fact that all her proposals have been proven faulty.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, saw most of it. ZERO QUESTIONS on her hypocrisy...made me sick.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
In my attempt to make the world a better place I would like to send her a get well gift...a carton of un-filtered Camels. Anyone have her address? [devil]

BrenLover
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#4]
She looked to healthy (for being a horse face), she won't blame tobacco co. either. Also there were no laws broken when she bought the gun, this as been verified on other sights.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the west,do you remember what hour it was on.I'd like to watch it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In a fairly obvious attempt to keep Sarah in the limelight while defuzing the whole illegal straw purchase scandal, Sarah went on GMA this morning to talk about her cigarette addiction and battle with lung cancer.
View Quote

One might say that Sarah was attempting to use [red][i]smoke and mirrors[/i][/red] to deflect attention from her legal problems.  I wonder if she'll be able to get her [red]butt[/red] out of trouble on this one, or whether she's met her match.
For sure she's got a [red]pack of troubles[/red].
View Quote

You're eeeeevvvviiiillllll!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, she did break the law. Delaware state law to be specific.

In Delaware all guns, even those given as gifts, recipients have to go through the State Police first.

This is a "straw man" transaction in the eyes of the Brady law. Under Brady, people who knowingly buy a firearm to give/sell to another person to avoid paperwork, background checks are guilty of a straw man purchase. Proving that case against Sarah Brady would be difficult at best. Especially since her son is apparently a good kid with no criminal record.

I would REALLY love to see the NRA recruit the younger Brady and have him call a press conference.

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She looked to healthy (for being a horse face), she won't blame tobacco co. either. Also there were no laws broken when she bought the gun, this as been verified on other sights.
View Quote
Yes, there was.  No Federal law, but she violated Delaware state law, which does not allow a firearm to be purchased as a gift without the recipient going through a background check as well.

What other sites (not sights) verified that no law had been broken?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Actually, she did break the law. Delaware state law to be specific.

In Delaware all guns, even those given as gifts, recipients have to go through the State Police first.

This is a "straw man" transaction in the eyes of the Brady law. Under Brady, people who knowingly buy a firearm to give/sell to another person to avoid paperwork, background checks are guilty of a straw man purchase. Proving that case against Sarah Brady would be difficult at best. Especially since her son is apparently a good kid with no criminal record.

I would REALLY love to see the NRA recruit the younger Brady and have him call a press conference.

View Quote
Actually, this is not a straw purchase under Brady, since it is a gift to a family member.  As I stated, she did not violate Federal (Brady) law, but, as you and I both noted, she did violate Delaware law.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]
life is hard, you are one of the enemy.
hurry up and die bitch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I think we should celebrate the fact that she opened her eyes to the world of responsible gun ownership. Every mother should emulate her.

SorryOcifer would want to emoliate her no doubt. LOL
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

One might say that Sarah was attempting to use [red][i]smoke and mirrors[/i][/red] to deflect attention from her legal problems.  I wonder if she'll be able to get her [red]butt[/red] out of trouble on this one, or whether she's met her match.
For sure she's got a [red]pack of troubles[/red].
View Quote

You're eeeeevvvviiiillllll!!!!!!
View Quote

Missed another one, too.  "legal problems"

Very closely associated with the tobaccee industry  [peep]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#14]
If someone can get me his name and address, I'll buy his NRA membership.

WL
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a Scott Brady in Deleware, don't know if it's him or not (not sure which state he lives in):

[url]http://phone.people.yahoo.com/py/psPhoneSearch.py?FirstName=scott&LastName=brady&City=&State=de[/url]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is Sarah on tobacco from the HCI parody site:

http://sarahbradycampaign.org/smoking.htm

it is also covered in her exclusive interview with OJ simpson:

http://sarahbradycampaign.org/oj_sarah.htm

hope you enjoy it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top