Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 4:29:11 AM EDT
I was surprised by what the hag had to say last night on O'Reilly. She toned down her extremist views quite a bit. I still don't have any respect for her at all, but I did agree with her on one point and that was that America places way too much emphasis on celebrities and their beliefs. I also thought her givin a million bucks to 9/11 was cool. I'm not surprised she couldn't get her showbiz pals to follow her example. They're all scum anyway.
My .02 worth.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Rosie was surprisingly sane last night. Maybe if a hardcore liberal like her can see the light ther might be some hope for this country yet!
Next taregt, Gloria Steinam!!!!!!!
[50]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It was clear to me, and hopefully everyone else, how she forms her causes on emotion and whim, then because she's a "celebrity" her causes somehow have importance.

She's not totally anti gun anymore (was just a knee jerk to columbine), but she firmly believes in regestration.

I'm sure she hasn't thought it through that if America were ever attacked (as impossible as that may have sounded to her, 9-11 makes it more plausible) and invaded, the first thing the enemy would look for would be those regestration records so they could round up all the trouble makers. Just like in Nazi Germany.

O'reily did a good thing for us last nite. It showed everybody how flakey her beliefs are and so subject to hormones, depression or whatever.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:20:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I caught a little bit of the interview.

When she said something like, "People pay too much attention to celebrities" and "people shouldn't hold my opinions as any more right than anyone else's", the only thing I could think to say was, "Well, then, why don't you shut the f*ck up?!"

There.  I feel better now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Her beliefs haven't changed one bit- you all are missing the point here.  Hopefully, this letter to Bill O'Reilly gets read on the air tonight:

"Mr. O’Reilly,

Rosie O’Donnell’s behavior seemed uncharacteristically timid and portrayed a very different image than usual.  I believe this is another attempt to substitute a moral, parental image in place of her Hollywood-style leftist dribble.  
Knowing that she could not match you “on the issues,” she portrayed herself as ‘moderate’ on politics, religion, and morality- all while exuding an uncharacteristically quiet, reserved demeanor.  She even allowed you to complete most of your sentences, although she was visibly forcing herself to do so.  Her voice cracked several times, as she spoke about her childhood, 9-11, etc.- again, all represent quite a departure from her usual delivery style.  
I was not fooled by her latest attempt to market her concealed radical political agenda, and I applaud you for taking her to task on such a wide variety of issues. Thanks specifically for exposing her blatant hypocrisy on the gun issue; I’ve always wanted to ask her why everyone else’s home does not deserve the same Constitutionally guaranteed instruments of protection that she herself relies upon.  
Overall, I was a bit disappointed with the mellow tone of the entire interview, as I was expecting a flaming debate of colossal proportions.  Please don’t let Jessie Jackson off so easily if you ever interview him (although I’m not holding my breath for him to ever get the nerve)."    

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
She's fat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#7]
When you are looking for a job you are usually more reserved than normal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Favorite part?

[red]"...I've had diarrhea for the last two days...."[/red]

Got a huge chuckle out of that one.

She was obviously intimidated by the whole thing. Seemed like she was ready to bust out crying through most of the interview. The lady has some problems.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]
She made a career of trashing the Second Amendment and now she asks us to forget and forgive her for being what she is: an unatractive and obnoxious misfit with poor judgement.

What made her a celebrity? She has an agent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#10]
She also believes that HOMO'S make better parents then Heterosexuals (Newsmax.com).
I guess that means the Homo's could have raised your kids better. I'm not homophobic, just believe in GOD more than some damn celeb., when it comes to the family.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn't watch the show but I saw some "highlights".

So, her story is that she is less of an ignorant, loud-mouth degenerate than she was?

Now she is a reasonable loud-mouth degenerate?

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I think that Rosie, having discovered that her current celebrity status was being endangered by her "previous" viewpoints, has decided to embark on an Al Gore-style public reinvention of her persona.  Despite her pseudo-repentant appearance on O'Reilly, I'm not convinced that the leopard has changed its spots (or would that be a warthog changing its warts?).

If she really thinks that America places too much emphasis on celebrities, what the hell was she doing on O'Reilly, pandering to those people whose approval she seems to need during this time of her waning popularity?

She needs to shut up and roll away into the sunset like a good oompa-loompa.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Sadly, Rosie is smarter than "some" of you. At least dissipator556 knows what is going on.

Here's the deal...

1. She KNEW where she was.
2. She KNEW what the audience would be.

As a result she utilized her show business savy and played "to the crowd." This is to be expected. Unfortunately "some" of you fell for it. Do you really think she would have given the same interview on Oprah? Would she have expressed similar views on Politically Incorrect? How about a MMM rally? Or a Democratic convention?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#14]
She gave up it wasn't a good fight
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]
another thing what else does the bitch want we already have gun registration, has she ever tried to buy a gun in CA?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://home.surewest.net/jalmaguer/rosie.jpg[/img]

Stolen from “rivethead” at [url=http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=142182] Fark[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#17]
i would trust her about as far as i could throw her.  she was obviously playing to the audience, rosie has changed as much as sarah brady.  
she is beyond help.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I felt that O'Reilly kept his tone in a soothing, non-confrontational manner because he knew DAMN WELL that she is an emotional person.  He wanted to challenge her views in a controlled manner, to see if she could put together cogent arguments, defending her views, without becoming hysterical.

You could tell she was visibly nervous at the start of the interview.  At least O'Reilly forced her to admit fault, and I was surprised that she actually did.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She say she no longer blindly follows the liberals. YEA RIGHT.

mike
View Quote

Yeah, now she deafly follows the liberals!

I didn't get to see the interview, but read the transcripts.  I think she toned it down so as not to set O'Reilly off and because she thought she was saying what we wanted to hear.  Remember, she is trying to pitch this gay adoption sh*t.  She needs all the support she can get.

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Come on people.  These are actors and actresses.  They don't have a will of their own except that which drives them to please and be accepted.  They live for applause.  Once the boos started for her performance with Tom Sleleck she started thinking "I need a better part to [b]act[/b]" (or her manager did).  Very few of these people have a mind like you or I.  They are more concern with how sould I play this part, with out ever having to think for themselves.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Man you guys are gullible. Her ratings tanked, her q rating is probably in the tank to. She will say anything to stay on the gravy train so to speak. Leopards don't change there spots!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sadly, Rosie is smarter than "some" of you. At least dissipator556 knows what is going on.
Here's the deal...
1. She KNEW where she was.
2. She KNEW what the audience would be.
As a result she utilized her show business savy and played "to the crowd." This is to be expected. Unfortunately "some" of you fell for it. Do you really think she would have given the same interview on Oprah? Would she have expressed similar views on Politically Incorrect? How about a MMM rally? Or a Democratic convention?
View Quote

Exactly.

If any of you are "re-thinking" your position on Rosie even just a little - you're a complete sucker.

She spent YEARS hammering away at conservatives and gun-owners.  Do you think ONE little interview will change anything?

ONLY when Rosie spends the next four years reversing and erasing the damage done by her and her political actions will I even BEGIN to reassess my views of her.

Don't be misled.

She will still support Hillary, Sarah Brady the Democr[b]rat[/b]s in Congress and all the other looney liberals against conservatives like us.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She will still support Hillary, Sarah Brady the Democr[b]rat[/b]s in Congress and all the other looney liberals against conservatives like us.  
View Quote

Most recently she held a Janet Reno for Governor fund raiser at her Miami home.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#24]
 They both disappointed me last night .
Why would she be completely changed after 9-11 ??
Enough to do a 180 on gun control .
She is still a hypocrite in my book .
She was just playing up the O'Reilly audience .
O'Reilly  was to easy on her .
LIAR LIAR LIAR .
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounded to me like she was getting ready to run for political office.  Maybe she's going to try and get elected to something in Florida.  Hillary and Rosie for Pres and Vice?[:X*]  God help us!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She will still support Hillary, Sarah Brady the Democrrats in Congress and all the other looney liberals against conservatives like us.
View Quote

Most recently she held a Janet Reno for Governor fund raiser at her Miami home.
View Quote

[:|]

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I was surprised by the interview also, amazing what can happen when the doc ups a persons meds.

Guess I'll believe her change of heart after she lives it for a while.  

Was anyone else offended by her "pennies from the peasants" remark while talking about giving a million $$ to the Red Cross?  

FWIW....Here's the URL of the interviews transcript:

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,48821,00.html[/url]

Speaking of her views on gun control:
"And I'm not excusing my behavior, and I stand by what I said, although some of my comments in retrospect seem a little outlandish."  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top