Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2002 7:08:03 PM EDT
[img]http://us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020326/capt.1017101045.vietnam_tourism_ny872.jpg[/img]

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/020326/168/1b2jw.html[/url]
A Japanese tourist takes aim with an American M-16 rifle at the the firing range at the Cu Chi tunnels outside Ho Chi Minh city on Sunday January 13, 2002. A record 205,000 Japanese tourists last year - a 34.3 percent jump from 2000 - are helping Vietnam's fledgling tourist industry thrive despite a worldwide slump in travel following the terrorist attacks in the U.S. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This must be the thrill of a lifetime for this guy. The Japanese are fascinated by firearms. Mostly because the average Japanese person can't have one.  If you want to nail a Japanese Woman(a real one not some phony "Japanese American"), take her shooting. Interesting shooting style. If the Vietnamese taught this guy how to hold an M-16 it is a mystery to me how they could fight so well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
left shoulder/eye, but right hand on the grip and trigger?

maybe the japanese will get to like guns and try to get their gov't to allow more gun ownership?
well we can hope [:)]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually surprised to see that.  Owning any type of firearm in china is illegal.  Here is what they consider a huge firearm bust.  If the link doesn't work, just cut and past it.

http://www1.chinadaily.com.cn/news/2002-03-26/62669.html
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
[b][size=2]Am I the only one who noticed how the guy is holding the rifle?[/b][/size=2]

He is firing from his left shoulder but holding it like you would hold it for right hand shooting.

medcop

edited to add:  Sharky got his post in a few seconds before me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
They had a deal on this place on the Travel Channel in Vietnam awhile back. No full auto just one shot at a time with an AK / SKS or M16. It was something like $ 5 a SHOT !

The funniest foriegners with guns is the Tourist shooting ranges in Hawaii with the muzzle tied with a cable to keep the gun pointed down range !
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
They have the same sort of service for Jap tourists in Hawaii.  In the big mall in Waikiki they have the office, cute brochures showing hot Japanese chicks with magnum revolvers for those interested.  Cracked me up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm actually surprised to see that.  Owning any type of firearm in china is illegal.
View Quote

Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon) however is in Viet Nam.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny, a prof of mine spent 15 years teaching in China and he said he never had a problem finding a guy to buy, or a place to shoot out in Western China.

As for the Japanese gun culture. Damn, now someone tells me that I'm married. Never dated a Japanese girl, not for lack of avaliability...
I know Airsofts are VERY VERY VERY big in Japan owning a good number myself. Gun "Otakus" are very common in my house after a meeting of the Japanese Anime society.

If anyone wants to see a very interesting film, rent "Jin Roh: The Wolf's Brigade", Japan of the 1950s after a Nazi occupation. Great Sci-Fi armour mixed with StG-44s, Mp-40s, and Broomies...
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm actually surprised to see that.  Owning any type of firearm in china is illegal.
View Quote

Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon) however is in Viet Nam.
View Quote

Just couldn't resist could ya, mister smarty pants![:o)]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you want to nail a Japanese Woman(a real one not some phony "Japanese American"), take her shooting.
View Quote

Really??? [thinking]  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to nail a Japanese Woman(a real one not some phony "Japanese American"), take her shooting.
View Quote

Really??? [thinking]  
View Quote

Got to get me some!....And with the arsenal I have.....I will be in heaven. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:33:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Looking at his clothes he has not taken the tunnel tour yet either !
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Alright, so who has the link to the "hot jap chicks with guns" website?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm, M-16, SP-1 style, 20 round mags....

Just where the hell did the Vietnamese obtain such a weapon?

Oh, yeah...nevermind.

Eric The(Slipping)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Notice the instructor has neither eye or ear protection, I bet he's as deaf as a rock after doing that all day long.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I was talking to a friend at lunch today about this photo, he went back to Nam 2 years ago(was there in 68) and he visited the Cu Chi tunnels. This 'shooting gallery' must be a new addition to what he referred to as  "Cong World". In Nam gun ownership is of course a capital offense, so this must be a hanoi sponsored scheme to make some $$$. At Cu Chi you get to crawl through very small muddy tunnels , where bugs crawl up your pants and bite your ass., Then when you exit there are gift stands where they sell war relics like zippo lighters, ho chi minh sandels, etc. All the sellers are wearing ...yup black charles pj's.  He said when he was ther all he saw in use was AK's and was curious as to what had happened to the 100's of thousands m-16s we gave the ARVN.

Any vets here ever go back ??
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

As for the Japanese gun culture. Damn, now someone tells me that I'm married. Never dated a Japanese girl, not for lack of avaliability...
I know Airsofts are VERY VERY VERY big in Japan owning a good number myself. Gun "Otakus" are very common in my house after a meeting of the Japanese Anime society.

If anyone wants to see a very interesting film, rent "Jin Roh: The Wolf's Brigade", Japan of the 1950s after a Nazi occupation. Great Sci-Fi armour mixed with StG-44s, Mp-40s, and Broomies...
View Quote
yeah japan is huge on gun nuts must be kinda like us and NFA stuff pain to get just makes us want it more anyway Jin Roh is a grat movie get the Special Edition DVD if u decide to buy it. mhmmm anime
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#19]
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

R35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top