Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2002 1:30:10 PM EDT
Man what a let down....I have been reading Tom Clancy for 12 years now and I have been watching Clear and Present Danger on USA.  It was sooooo badddddly done.  WTF is up with Willem Dafoe as Clark?
What a waste of 2 1/2 hours
(I have too much time on my hands today)
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Eh, what do ya' expect from hollywood.I hope the next Clancy movie coming out will be better. Isn't cardinal of the kremlin the next one being made?
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I hear it is "Without Remorse".  Hollywood has a great opertunity to make a great movie, I hope they don't blow it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
All,

The next Clancy movie to be made is "Sum of All Fears."

Ben Affleck will be playing a younger Jack Ryan, and the movie should ("Should") be a good product.

For those of you with a broadband connection, you can watch the trailer on www.movies.com

By the way, Clancy was "isolated" from his usual role as script advisor on "Clear and Present Danger." He's back for "SOAF."
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it did suck and I think Sum of All Fears will suck also.  They changed the bad guys from Arab terroirist to skin-heads.

William Defoe could have done a decent job if they hadn't written the part a mercenary.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Ben Affleck sucks.  Couldn't they get somebody good? J-Lo? [:D]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ben Affleck?  Got to agree NFW!  Who the hell does the casting some lame-o owl kissin, tree hugging save the whales bimbo?
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
They should attempt to do Red Storm Rising, could make a nice three or four DVD pack.

But then again, I have yet to see a good movie made on a Clancy novel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The Hunt for Red October was a good movie.
I think Kurt Russell would make a good Jack Ryan, but they've irredeemably screwed it up by bastardizing The Sum of All Fears.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Hunt for Red October was a good movie.
View Quote

A good movie and a good book.
Surprisingly pretty accurate.

(Now "Crimson Tide" I left after about forty-five minutes.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top