Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2002 6:13:35 AM EDT
The book GW was photographed with recently, "Bias" by Bernard Goldberg.  Interesting read.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how bad the media slants things, but it is certainly worse than I imagined.

Also, Dan "The Dan" Rather claims to have been a marine.  This I find very hard to believe.  I remember seeing him on TV as a correspondant during Vietnam, and he was pretty young then.  Anybody know for sure?  He just doesn't strike me as the type to be a jarhead.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Yeah, Dan Blather signed up for the Army Reserves during the Korean War to avoid the draft.  

After the war he quit (no chance of being drafted anymore) and then signed up for the Marines and was rejected before finishing basic training as being "medically unfit" (rheumatic fever as a child).

So technically he joined the Marines but never finished recruit training.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Also, Dan "The Dan" Rather claims to have been a marine.  He just doesn't strike me as the type to be a jarhead.
View Quote

More of a bonehead than a jarhead.

Or as all the kids are saying these days "More of a Clintonhead....."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top