BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I guess I am the only one to be able to say I didn't watch any of it.
View Quote

I have never seen the show, except for what I am subjected to during the news.

The only awards show I would be willing to watch is AVN awards, but I can't afford the $300 it costs to attend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never seen the show, except for what I am subjected to during the news.

The only awards show I would be willing to watch is AVN awards, but I can't afford the $300 it costs to attend.
View Quote

Adult Video Network?
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Adult Video News Awards. They have it every year during CES.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I accidentally walked through the room where my mom was watching, but I only saw like 5 seconds, and I swear it was an accident. I didn't know they were STILL on.

It is safe to say that my mother is one of the least biased people I know, so for her to mention that Halle Berry had pissed her off with her constant reference to the racial aspect of her winning, tells me ALL I need to know. I have expected for some time that Denzel Washington would eventually land a best actor role, and win, and he did. Good for him. And then to top it off, he acts like a professional.

Is is just me or are they all actors/actresses, and their skin color is a mute point. They are petending to be something they are not. The role determines as much as anything who will get the awards, and so why not credit the writers with a Best Lead Character/Male/Female award. After all nobody thought Sly was gonna win for his role in Cliffhanger, and he didn't. He was probably the best guy for the role, but the part wasn't gonna win, regardless.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lord of the rings gets nominated but not Mulhulland Drive?  What kind of crap is this?  

Are the Oscar's complete bullshit.  Yep.  Is there a racial sub-plot?  Not this year.
View Quote

[b]David Lynch, Mulholland Drive,[/b] nominated best director. Somehow I managed to sit through the whole movie - without drugs - and not fall in the aisle in hysterical laughter at the waste of celluloid.

View Quote

Yep, I should have been more specific.  I was talking about best picture, which mullholland drive was not nominated for, nor many other categories.  The man who wasn't there was only nominated for best cinematographer, which I thought was crap.

David Lynch is a way out there, but he is a damn good director and he deserved the nomination.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My thanks to Big Bear and Darin Marple for renewing my faith in those who inhabit this place.  I was starting to worry that I'd accidently stumbled into an angry white guy convention.  
View Quote

Racists are also a minority on the gun boards.

BTW, you are welcome!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]
.....[sleep].....Does not affect my life...AT ALL!!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top