Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 3:14:54 PM EDT
thats what the add said. it also said the uzi had a 32 rd "clip". yah, clip, i knew i was dealin with a pro. i go to check it out. the guy has a preban NORINCO with gay lookin butthole stock. marked made in china, but he was thinking it was made in israil. the poly AK had a unique mix of pre and post ban features that just scream 922r violation. the butthole stock and threaded muzzle just dont seem to go togeather. i decided to walk before the atf showed up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
About the right price for the Norinco UZI.  Norinco did import a few real pre-ban UZI clones, but got caught in the import ban, so slapped a thumbhole stock on some of them.

The Poly is about right on price also.  It is probably one of the Keng's imports that got trapped in customs at the time of the ban.  They finally got them out about 4 or 5 years after the ban by putting a thumbhole stock on them.

Actually, either of these guns is serviceable in it's original form.  The Poly wouldn't make a bad gun if you put a fixed muzzle brake on it, and replaced a few parts with US parts--better quality than the SAR's that are out there.  Unless I am mistaken about the importer of the gun, it is legal in it's current configuration--the gov.org actually released them from customs in that configuration.

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot the butthole ( I don't own one ) stock Chicom UZI and the stock definitely needs to seek sander action.  Sized for bigfoot hands.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a MAK 90 that I bought new in 93 that has the butthole stock AND threaded muzzle. Of course I haven't seen another one since.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#5]
stratsandaks-

Brother in law has a .223 MAK he keeps for a friend in his safe. Its got a threded muzzle, and a butthole stock. There are one of two 'options' on its legality-

1. It contains some American parts. If you replaced your FC parts with American stuff, but retained a thumbhole stock, you could have a Bayonet lug OR a threaded muzzle, OR etc...

2. The weapon was made before the 1992 ban, thumbhole stocks, although more rare, were Daddy Bush's ban, not Klinton. If the rifle is post-89, but pre-92, it's probably still OK.

Personaly? Who needs a bayonet lug or a detachable flash-hider? Having a few pre-ban guns with screw-on flash/muzzle devices, I never take them off, and they work probably as well as if they were welded/pinned on....As for the bayonet thing...hell man, an M-4 is WAAAY too short to be bayonet fighting with, I'm breaking out the 98/22 Mauser with the WWI "Butcher Blade" saw-back bayonet. Gawdamned thing is a PIKE with that blade on it...
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#6]
"the poly AK had a unique mix of pre and post ban features that just scream 922r violation. the butthole stock and threaded muzzle just dont seem to go togeather."

this is probably a pre-ban (pre '89 ban) poly, caught up in the ban. they were fitted with t-hole stocks, a tack welded on muzzle nut...and often. the bayo lug missed the grinder prior to shipping.

the prices are both right on the money, in my area.

regarding the uzi: uzi supplied parts to norinco to manufacture the design. notice the milled pocket on the left/rear of the receiver? the imi logo was milled out, and then restamped. so, in a way, he is at least partially correct.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
i will add:

the poly was one of the worst AKs i have even handled. the stock was horrible (not like the MAK, a very odd shape) had really bad finish. the best, the front sight appeared to be slightly canted, so i grabed it, it freely moved around the barrel, only limited by the cleaning rod.

The thick wood wraparound grip on the uzi made it impossible to operate the grip safty thing, i dont see how it could even be fired. teh grip was also WAY to big. it maybe would be good for a 7 foot tall NBA player.

the guy told me it was made in israil, and was never even in china, but it was marked made in china. he also said norinco added a barrel and stock, so it could be sold as a rifle, instead of a pistol (and yes, it was full sized) he also said i can easliy get a folding stock for it legally.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Guard Tanker

I have been trying to figure out if this rifle is legal ever since I purchased it. It was sold to me by a reputable gun dealer here in Md, it was just the next one in the pile of Norinco Mak 90's when I purchased it, still in cosmoline. When I got it home I discovered that it had a bushing screwed, not welded to the end of the muzzle. Also it wasn't a newly manufactured Norinco Mak 90. It was originally stamped and then stamped over with horizontal lines:
Minmetals Inc.
American Arms Inc.
.N.K.C.MO

Above this it has stamped:
Norinco
Made in China
B-West Tucson Az

So I went back to the store the next day to compare it to the rest of the Mak 90's in the pile, and they were all the newly manufactured type.... So I am figuring that this rifle was one that was turned away for the '89 ban and then re-imported, as to whether it is pre '92 or not I don't know. I'm so confused [whacko]

I forgot to add that the back of the receiver is not angle cut, weren't all the Mak 90's supposed to be cut so that you couldn't add a pistol grip and buttstock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top