BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 4:10:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I just got back from Newark airport with My Mother-in-law who flew in from Salt Lake City today. I was dreding going to the airport becuase of all of the increased security. Well juding by the last time I went to Newark nothing has changed or at least it has come back to how it was. There was NO visible security No nat guard - they have been withdrawn apparently, save one NJ state trooper walking through the terminal while I was waiting (had about an hour due to her plane being delayed) I was able to park and walk directly into the terminal without any hassle at all. At the security station there was a short 8-10 person line that was moving at pre-9/11 speed most of the screeners were hanging back agianst the wall at two of the three stations at the third it looked as if they were doing a resonable job but the other two were not even really checking tickets or reacting to the metal detector beeps.
Outside there were cars three and four deep the whole length of B-terminal and nobody was making them move on or making sure they were actively picking up or droping off passengers.Most were literally parked there and some were completely unattended. The only real change is the old "limo" area down one level from baggage claim and under the terminal is closed -for now-with the temp plastic barriers and some temp chain link fencing.
With what happened 6 months ago its disgusting how quickly we are going back to status quo.
I am now going get off my butt and pursue My private pilots licence serously and hope I never have to fly commercial airlines agian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top