Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2002 1:37:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2002 1:40:00 PM EDT by ComputerGuy]
I have some old coins here that I would like to know their value... I obviously don't know the first thing about these, or where to find a place when can tell me their value, so naturally, I came here! OK, I have three coins here.. here are their descriptions: Coin #1: Siver with writting that appears to be German. It's dated 1847-1934. It has a picture of a man on the back of it. It's not Hitler. The writing states: "Daul von hindoenburg" under the man. Well, that is what the letters look like to me. Now, on the front side of it there is a bird pirched on the Nazi symbol. Under the bird's left wing, there is a "5". Under the right wing there is writing that looks like "reitns marf". Under the Nazi symbol, this is written: "Deutfcnes Reinch 1937". On the side of the coin there are some symbol looking things, and some more writing. Any idea what it is, or what it's worth? Coin #2: a penny that is larger than a quater with a (appears to be) man sitting on a wheel chair, holding a pitch fork. It's dated 1896. On the back, There is what appears to be a woman's head and shoulders. This the following writting borders the woman: "VICTORIA DEI-GRA BRITT RECGINA - FID - DEF - IND - IMP." Any idea what it is, or what it's value is? Coin #3: Appears to be German again. The front has a "D" at the top, with a drawing of wheat laced together, making a "tent" type shape, with the wheat itself hanging off. Dated 1936. On the back in the very middle there is a "5" encapsulated by a diamond with wheat around it. The following writing borders the diamond: "EUTSCHES REICH REICHSPFENNING". Any idea of what it is, or value?? Thanks, ComputerGuy Edit: I had accidently written "With that appears to be a man shitting on a wheel chair"..meant to say sitting..lol..
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:19:40 PM EDT
The german coins aren't worth much, according to a cursory search. According to [url=http://www.joelscoins.com/nazi.htm]this site[/url], the german coins you listed are worth $9.50 and $2.00 respectively. As for the other coin, I have no clue. This site might help you: [url]http://hiwaay.net/~hfears/UK/vic/victoria.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:42:56 AM EDT
The other coin is a English penny. They were all that big before they changed. I was stationed in Scotland in the late 60s. I saw lots of them. John
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:25:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ComputerGuy, [b]answers in bold[/b] OK, I have three coins here.. here are their descriptions: Coin #1: Siver with writting that appears to be German. It's dated 1847-1934. It has a picture of a man on the back of it. It's not Hitler. The writing states: "Daul von hindoenburg" under the man. Well, that is what the letters look like to me. [b] That would be "Paul von Hindenburg", President of the German Reich, he was born 1847 and died 1934.[/b] Now, on the front side of it there is a bird pirched on the Nazi symbol. Under the bird's left wing, there is a "5". Under the right wing there is writing that looks like "reitns marf". [b] Try "5 Reichsmark", you know, as in Deutschmark. DM was used from 1948 til 2002, and succeeded the RM. [/b] Under the Nazi symbol, this is written: "Deutfcnes Reinch 1937". [b] Deutsches Reich 1937, country and year of issue [/b] On the side of the coin there are some symbol looking things, and some more writing. Any idea what it is, or what it's worth? [b] it's a German 5 Mark coin from 1937. [/b] Coin #2: a penny that is larger than a quater with a (appears to be) man sitting on a wheel chair, holding a pitch fork. It's dated 1896. On the back, There is what appears to be a woman's head and shoulders. This the following writting borders the woman: "VICTORIA DEI-GRA BRITT RECGINA - FID - DEF - IND - IMP." Any idea what it is, or what it's value is? [b] Victoria, through the grace of God Queen of Britain. That's a Victorian penny from Britain. And yes, that's the Queen Victoria the Victorian Era is named after.[/b] Coin #3: Appears to be German again. The front has a "D" at the top, with a drawing of wheat laced together, making a "tent" type shape, with the wheat itself hanging off. Dated 1936. On the back in the very middle there is a "5" encapsulated by a diamond with wheat around it. The following writing borders the diamond: "EUTSCHES REICH REICHSPFENNING". [b] That's a German 'nickel', if you want, a 5-Pfennig coin (100 Pfennig or Pf, or R.Pf = 1 Mark, or DM, or RM) [/b] About the man shitting on the wheel.......give my kind regards to Dr Sigmund Freud ;) I have no idea about the value, but I'd take the 5 RM coin :)
Top Top