Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 12:29:33 PM EDT
All men are created equal; ONLY SOME ARE "MORE EQUAL" THAN OTHERS. Law enforcement, now is your chance to stand up and say "NO MORE" to ridiculous and useless gun control bills. I don't just mean lip service here, I mean PUBLIC APPEARANCES and letter writing campaigns with fellow officers telling the legislators that it would violate the 2nd Amendment and if passed you WILL NOT enforce such a law. AB2222 Kaliban .50 (ALL .50 Centerfire rifles) and "armor piercing" ammo ban 12201. Nothing in this chapter shall affect or apply to any of the following: (a) The sale to, purchase by, or possession of machineguns or .50 caliber sniper weapons by police departments, sheriffs' offices, marshals' offices, district attorneys' offices, the California Highway Patrol, the Department of Justice, the Department of Corrections for use by the department's Special Emergency Response Teams and Law Enforcement Liaison/Investigations Unit, or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States for use in the discharge of their official duties. (b) The possession of machineguns by or .50 caliber sniper weapons regular, salaried, full-time peace officer members of a police department, sheriff's office, marshal's office, district attorney's office, the California Highway Patrol, the Department of Justice, or the Department of Corrections for use by the department's Special Emergency Response Teams and Law Enforcement Liaison/Investigations Unit when on duty and if the use is within the scope of their duties. --------------- (26) As used in this section, "small arms armor piercing ammunition" means center-fire ammunition that is .50 caliber and under and which meets any of the following: (A) The ammunition has been designated by the United States military as "armor penetrator," "armor piercing (AP)," "armor piercing incendiary (API)," "armor piercing tracer," or "armor-piercing incendiary-tracer (API-T)." (B) The ammunition is substantially similar in design or performance to any ammunition described in subparagraph (A), whether or not specifically so designated by the military. (C) [b]The ammunition is described or marketed by the manufacturer or by any vendor in commerce as having any of the design or performance characteristics described in subparagraph (A), whether or not so designated by the military.[/b] First amendment violation.^^^
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:59:39 AM EDT
This is old news. Tracers are already banned because of the fire hazard (and it is a real hazard), and I think AP is already banned as well. I get the feeling they are trying to add M855, and of course, the main goal is to ban .50 rifles.
Top Top