Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2001 7:13:39 AM EDT
OK, I just heard that beretta owns a good piece of benelli, is this true? Also I need some info on the riot shotgun beretta makes, the 1201 model I think. I have heard nothing about these guns so any info is appreciated. Thanks

Crosshairs
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My buddy had one and we all shot it. It was a nice gun a bit on the light side. kicked like mule! It was accurate and reliable. He sold it because he wanted a pump. From what I have heard also, Beretta does own a part of benelli. They did take a some design features from Benelli to make the 1201. I would not pass one up it was a great liitle gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Beretta owns the Benelli trademark. The Beretta 1201 and Benelli M1 are 'basicly' the same gun (most, if not all the parts come out of the same factory). Beretta is the economy version.
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have a chance to get one, DO IT!
Good gun? YOU BETCHA!  Fast gun?  REALLY FAST!  I found the light gun/heavy recoil INVIGORATING!
The SideSaddle for the Benelli works.  SureFire  makes a forend light, if you really wanted one. I modified a plastic heatshield for the 870 to fit; removed the sights and filled the rear dovetail with a blank, and installed MMC Ghost Ring sights with the winged front post.
If it was made before Sept. 13, 1994,(exact date of manufacture can probably be determined by the serial# and a call to Beretta) a Choate pistolgrip full stock can be installed.  Choate made the stocks for Beretta, I'm 99% positive.  Either that, or it's the best clone I've ever seen.
Check the letter code on the gun for year of manufacture. The Modern Beretta Firearms book by Gene Gangarosa Jr.has a list: page 282; recent codes are AP/1986; AS/'87; AT/'88; AU/'89; AZ/'90; BA/'91; BB/'92; BC/'93; BD/'94 --- after that, I don't have the info.
My 1201FPG3 has the "BC" stamped with the other proofmarks on the bottom in front of the triggerguard.
One other consideration in my choice was the fact that the safety button location behind the trigger is in the same spot as the Browning BAR, Remington 7400, 870, 597, etc.  Familiarity counts under duress...
I hope you find this helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top