Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2002 1:31:33 PM EDT
okay,
last week i placed an "ad" WTT for glock 19 preban dropfree factory hicaps.
i get an email from someone in my state.
we work a trade, one new thermold, MO for 80.00 for the two glock mags.
shipped my stuff out last thursday morning.  i haven't gotten a response to my many e-mails, nor have i received any merchandise. what should i do.
i used a certified postal money order, and kept all of the e-mail correspondance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt woory too much about it, YET. I bought 10 USA 40 rounders from a board member here. The waiting became insane, but the reality was he shipped them via US Postal Service on 2.28.02 and they arrived 3.16.02!! I could have walked to damn DE and back faster. The mail on pakages seems slow as hell right now when sent USPS so dont worry, YET.

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
How many posts on the board did this guy have, i.e., veteran member or someone with four posts to their name?  Do you just have his email addy or do you have his AR15 dot com user name?

If so, did you search to see how many other transactions the other guy has posted on or in?

Most of the people who have been here awhile are pretty cool.  While your situation doesn't sound too good, you really haven't waited *that* long yet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Just send me you full name, social security number, address, telephone number, credit card numbers, shoe size and mother's maiden name - and I'll get to the bottom of this!

Just joking.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The mail is running VERY slow these days.  I had a priority mail package take 14 days to get to me and I know it was mailed when the seller advised because he sent me a tracking number and I checked the number repeatedly.  I checked four days after shipment and it arrived in Atlanta, three days later tracking showed the same thing and then the next day tracking showed it arriving in Atlanta three days later then it showed the first time I checked, so who knows.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
god, i hope that's the case.
i'd hate to be burned by a fellow member, what really concerns me is the fact thati have sent repeated e-mails and have not gotten a response.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Just so I did not misunderstand it,

You traded 1 new thermold mag and $80 for two preban Glock 19 FML mags.

Is this right??? If it is, then either:

a. you got yourself a very, very good bargain.
b. you can kiss it all goodbye.
c. you are full of it

No flame intended but the trade is kinda suspicious to me since the going rate for pre-ban G19 FML is between $80-$95 each.

But in the remotest chance that someone really is going for this kind of deal, please email me his email address for I need a couple of pre-ban G19 too. [:D][:D][:D]

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the deal with parcels via USPS lately? I'm waaaay overdue on stuff both sending and receiving.  The local office even reduced their office hours, forcing everyone to go at lunch time.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
yeh, don't worry yet. i just sent a guy from here a money order. detroit to florida apparently took 6 days by first class mail. sorta pathetic. but hey, postage rates are going up. woohoo!

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just so I did not misunderstand it,

You traded 1 new thermold mag and $80 for two preban Glock 19 FML mags.

Is this right??? If it is, then either:

a. you got yourself a very, very good bargain.
b. you can kiss it all goodbye.
c. you are full of it

No flame intended but the trade is kinda suspicious to me since the going rate for pre-ban G19 FML is between $80-$95 each.

But in the remotest chance that someone really is going for this kind of deal, please email me his email address for I need a couple of pre-ban G19 too. [:D][:D][:D]

View Quote

full of it?
my deal is my business.
KMA (flame intended)
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the deal with parcels via USPS lately? I'm waaaay overdue on stuff both sending and receiving.  The local office even reduced their office hours, forcing everyone to go at lunch time.
View Quote

It takes time to surgically unwrap and then re-wrap all those parcels !
View Quote

I thought they x-rayed the parcels.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
quietshoez,
what is the (fellow?) ar15.com member's name? [:\]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
full of it?
my deal is my business.
KMA (flame intended)
View Quote

I made a wise-ass remark after this post of yours but I figured that it is not worth it so I deleted it.

But nevertheless, this deal is so unbelieveable to most of us who monitor mag prices (not only here but also in other board)that either the seller is just plain desperate and clueless or you are the one that is the latter.

Good luck on this transaction.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Completely off topic, but thought it was funny anyway.  I go to the Post Office (actual USPS building, not Mailboxes etc) and there are two FedEx guys unloading a new FedEx drop box RIGHT ON THE DOORSTEP OF THE POST OFFICE!  Go back the next day, (I too am waiting for a slow parcel to arrive), and this box is fully bolted down, stocked with waybills, envelopes.  I guess if you get sick of waiting in line at the PO, you can walk right out and send via FedEx!  

Hope everything gets resloved with your transaction...
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
riddler, it would be a great deal for him if it came through but not unheard of.  I picked up two Glock 19 factory mags for $40 apiece at a show about 18 mos. ago.  Naturally if the seller had had more I woulda bought ALL of 'em!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
ok, so what counts as a veteran? What do I have to do to be accepted. I want to learn the secret handshake.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#17]
eagle, send a member with over a thousand posts (yours truly comes to mine) three mint Colt 30-rounders and you will officially be "accepted."

I'll be watching my mailbox . . .
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
ok i am going to be typing alot to get to a 1000 plus post. I will more likely find the 3 30 rounders first. I will keep trying.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#19]
as soon as I find the 30 rounders they are on their way. Wait a minute I can use those, I guess you'll just have to wait.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
full of it?
my deal is my business.
KMA (flame intended)
View Quote

I made a wise-ass remark after this post of yours but I figured that it is not worth it so I deleted it.

But nevertheless, this deal is so unbelieveable to most of us who monitor mag prices (not only here but also in other board)that either the seller is just plain desperate and clueless or you are the one that is the latter.

Good luck on this transaction.
View Quote

You made a wise-ass remark in your first post that is undeleted.

Basically, and with no facts you call this man a liar.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quietshoez emailed me as well. Apparently the guy gave his email as [email protected] and lives in my city, only a couple miles away. Fucker!

Quoted:
quietshoez,
what is the (fellow?) ar15.com member's name? [:\]
View Quote

I'd like to know if the guy has a member account, but Quietshoez won't say. He did give me his name, which I would recommend releasing to see if it rings any bells. I does not for me. I was (am) concerned that this bozo was posing as me, but he apparently gave a different real name and address.

I have also found the guys phone number and passed it on, so hopefully the whole thing is a misunderstanding.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
shooter69:
Quietshoez emailed me as well. Apparently the guy gave his email as [email protected] and lives in my city, only a couple miles away. Phucker!
View Quote

Thanks shooter (That addy sounds [b][u]very[/u][/b] familiar).  [:|]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#23]
As i understand it MO are just like checks nowadays, it takes as long to clear because of the quality of printers is so good these days, its just like a check clearing the bank as much as two weeks!   sucks and thats why we end up using pay-pal, or plastic bob cole
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks shooter (That addy sounds [b][u]very[/u][/b] familiar).  [:|]
View Quote

Do tell. I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As i understand it MO are just like checks nowadays, it takes as long to clear because of the quality of printers is so good these days, its just like a check clearing the bank as much as two weeks!   sucks and thats why we end up using pay-pal, or plastic bob cole
View Quote

Go to the PO and get cash.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Do tell. I'm all ears.
View Quote

I only meant what I said -- that email sounds very familiar.
I don't know if it's someone I traded with, talked to off the board, or what.

Odds are the guy is just a little poky (I hope), but I'll dig around a little (& let you know if I find anything?).
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You made a wise-ass remark in your first post that is undeleted.

Basically, and with no facts you call this man a liar.
View Quote

5subslr5,

All they are, are just probabilities, nothing more. I am not accusing anyone of anything. If you put malice in my words then they are yours not mine.

I have been watching the Equipment Exchange board and other firearm discussion boards for long since you have been a member here and I have never seen those prices anywhere.... and I mean ANYWHERE on the boards!!!

Chairborne Ranger got a deal but as he said, it was 18 months ago. Nowadays, it is not impossible but nearly improbable especially since the guy who responded to quietshoez's presumably frequents the boards. He must know what his mags are worth.

Doesn't this make you wonder whether quietshoez may be in for a disappointment with this guy?? I pray not but with the so many scams that I see pertaining to G19, G23 hi-cap mags, I could not help but wonder.

Again, I hope that this will turn out right.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
UPDATE
well, the guy responded to my emails.
i think i jumped the gun a little, apparently someone else was supposed to ship out the package when mine arrived, as he was out of town. i owe the guy my apologies if any of this gets back to him, like i said, i had no reason to distrust the guy, i had just been burnt before and got a little nervous.
sorry about getting bitchy with you riddler, it's just i was in a bad mood about the situation , and your comment seemed like you were making fun of me, but you would jump on the deal yourself if you came accrosst it.
i was just really surprised by all of the assistance that was given and offered, you guys are great!!!!!!!!!
(more updates to follow)
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I have no beef with you quietshoez. I never had!

I hope that everything will work out for you.[beer]

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Glad it's all working out.

I have been shipping USPS for a while now (they seem to have forgotten that "Fragile" means "Drop This Box) and I have been getting good service out of them.

SJC - Lopez Is, WA.  Shipped at 1630 - two days.
SJC - Cape Town, South Africa - 5 days.
Stewartstown, PA - SJC - two days
SJC - Lafayette, IN - two-three days

These are all consistent figures for Priority mail (except Cape Town, that was Global Priority) over the last several YEARS.  Granted, I am mostly shipping electronics and Jeep parts, but I'm a bit surprised that electronic modules are clearing security as well as they are!

Oh - I always use Postal Money Orders.  They are easier to get paid in a pinch, are cheaper than most other places, and carry a certain aura of "reliability" with them.  My bank clears them the next day, or the same day if I take them in personally...  If I get one and I am worried about it for some reason, I take it straight to the Post Office (in a baggie - I check things out before I touch them wherever possible...)

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#31]
User in question is BigJohnStacey. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/deal.gif[/img]

How he got connected to me (shooter69) I don't know. Anyway, I retract any name calling and hope it all works out. If it doesn't though... I don't know the guy! Really!! [0:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
god, i hope that's the case.
i'd hate to be burned by a fellow member, what really concerns me is the fact thati have sent repeated e-mails and have not gotten a response.
look, i'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and give it some the time, so don't assume the guy is trying to screw mw, i'm just a little nervous that my emails have gone unanswered.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#33]
***** UPDATE************
well, i received my mags in the mail today, and i am very happy with the transaction thus far,
the mags are in FANTASTIC condition,and i hope to try them at the range tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top