Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought she was dead and in hell by now.I didnt know there were gunstores in hell.
[X]R.I.P.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
abhorrent, yes, surprising, no.

i say fry the bitch (and calling her a kanine is nice) everyone send this story to yore local paper, and let them know that you want this story plastered on the front page.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
While these laws of DE, and the Federal laws are all unconstitutional and unjust, if there is one person I want prosecuted under all applicable, its Sarah Brady.

-Also, what grimshaw said.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]
"Scott is not a convicted felon, and he is not prohibited from owning a gun," Stillwell said. "Scott Brady could walk into a store and buy a..."

"oh shit, oh shit, oh shit...ummm wait he COULDN'T BUY THE RIFLE if he's under 18, if even then this is still a straw purchase however you construct it under Delaware law...ahh damn I'm going to look like a dumbass"

"... - he is not a prohibited purchaser."

I love it.

Robby
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#5]
So has anyone heard if they are going to press charges on her, and her son since he is (or was) in possession of a firearm under the age of 18?

What is the statute of limitations? isn't it 7 years?

Why hasn't this hit the news????? Has anyone seen it on TV yet?

Why hasn't the ATF blown up her door and raided her house yet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just pointing out this is a Republican. There is no differance between RIGHT and LEFT. Evil Government is a single body with two heads.
View Quote

Yes, we all know that being a registered Republican does not mean one is a conservative. She is what's known as a "RINO"

I guess if someone can't distinguish between RIGHT from LEFT, they must believe that Ronald Reagan had the same effect on America as Jimmy Carter [whacko]

Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought that there was question on the NIBC form,as to weather a purchase is for the applicant or someone else...Thanks for posting the links,letting me know who I can bitch at.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The woman has already been dealt her final hand,
and God is dealing.

May he have mercy on her.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
NO MERCY for the hethen bitch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#10]
After she researches the issue and realizes that she unknowingly violated state law, I am sure she will do the right thing.  

She will turn herself in and confess.
Plead guilty and throw herself on the mercy of the court.

Yeah, Right....
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Here are the relevant sections of Delaware law:

[b]§ 1455. Engaging in a firearms transaction on behalf of another; class F felony; class C felony.[/b]

[i]A person is guilty of engaging in a firearms transaction on behalf of another when the person purchases or obtains a firearm on behalf of a person not qualified to legally purchase, own or possess a firearm in this State or for the purpose of selling, giving or otherwise transferring a firearm to a person not legally qualified to purchase, own or possess a firearm in this State.  

Engaging in a firearms transaction on behalf of another is a class F felony for the first offense, and a class C felony for each subsequent like offense.[/i]

[b]§ 1448A. Criminal history record checks for sales of firearms.[/b]

[i](l)  Any person who, in connection with the purchase, transfer, or attempted purchase or transfer of a firearm pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, wilfully and intentionally makes any materially false oral or written statement or wilfully and intentionally furnishes or exhibits any false identification intended or likely to deceive the licensee shall be guilty of a class G felony.[/i]  

I could not find anything more specific or labeled as a straw purchase. There may be regulations related to this process, but I was not able to find them.

So, it seems to me that on the face of it, she was indeed in violation of the law because of her answers to questions on Form 4473, which were submitted to the dealer for the transfer and background check. I do not know if the state has other state-specific forms that have to be filled out in order to purchase a firearm which might have also been incorrect.

Hoisted on her own petard comes to mind.

Ray

Edited to add this:

To be fair, the 4473 does specifically exempt "gifts" to a third party from the straw purchase definition, and, at least on the current form, explains the differences. Sarah Brady likely does qualify for this exemption, [i]to federal law[/i].

I could not find anything stated so clearly in the Delaware code about gifts or third part purchases other than those who are specifically prohibited.

Maybe the Million Morons should start complaining about the "Sarah Brady Gift loophole"

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope he know's what to do with the 30.06.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The woman has already been dealt her final hand,
and God is dealing.

May he have mercy on her.

Waterdog
View Quote

And here we have her final hand:

[img]http://gunther.simplenet.com/cards/feb97/gongas1.gif[/img]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top