Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 7:57:00 PM EDT
i liked the ar and m14 fourms over there . i tried to go to the site today and it says gun and knife is no more. what gives.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark, the sysop, couldnt afford the continuing server space. On top of which many of the boards were cursed with an incredible amount of flame wars and just general nastyness- when ever he tried to break things up, he'd get the brunt of the anger and nasty e-mails. Basicaly he just had enough of a thankless job and cut his losses. He did, however, re-establish the British Weapons part of the board on a different server and continues to run it as those forums have been a large source of pride and recognition for him, and the contributing members. I've been on the Enfield board for about two years now, and when the board shut down initialy, we all reconviened elsewhere. I've yet to see any board with the level of comradery and professionalism of that bunch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to see some M14 fans out there in AR land!  Yes, its DOA and very unfortunate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#4]
well thanks for the update guys thats to bad.even though there were a lot og bad fellings on that board i still received alot of info from them. thanks will
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Very informative board and I will miss it.

Thanks Mark for your time and effort.
[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top