Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2002 12:28:17 PM EDT
I pulled this off a refrigerator at the Elementary School where my mother works as a school nurse... this PISSES ME OFF! [img]http://cgibin.erols.com/ryanwolf/WalshDNA.jpg[/img] Copy this and spread it all over the net...also, if you do so, can you save the image to your own webspace, as my webspace is limited...
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:33:11 PM EDT
Just snip some of your kids hair and put it into a ziploc bag in a safe place. If a dna sample is ever need, there it is.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:33:33 PM EDT
This could be a lot worse (and I won't say that it can't get that way!) As I read it, you leave with your kid, the record, AND the DNA sample. The don't retain it, they expect you to. This does not mean that it can't become "lost" or "unusable" later, but if something like this were to begin happening, I'd prefer it this way. I don't want to be in anymore databases - I'm in enough. But, by allowing the family to retain the DNA sample (with no analysis made on-scene) you still retain a measure of privacy while keeping genetic material AVAILABLE if and when. I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just saying it could be a Hell of a lot worse... FFZ
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:36:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AlClenin: Just snip some of your kids hair and put it into a ziploc bag in a safe place. If a dna sample is ever need, there it is.
View Quote
Another very good point
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:37:00 PM EDT
As long as the parents get to keep all record of the test and sample, no harm I see.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:42:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan: As long as the parents get to keep all record of the test and sample, no harm I see.
View Quote
Oh bullshit! This is their plan...they will use this to get the sheeple used to DNA being just another form of "fingerprinting" and slowly ratchet in government control over time...
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:43:24 PM EDT
John Walsh is a degenerate atheist and a communist.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:49:07 PM EDT
Another thought I had: This is merely step #1 in the PLAN to get the sheeple to think DNA sampling is benign Ten years from now, they will make a LAW saying that all newborns need to be DNA sampled at birth, after a parent loses their DNA sample and gets all teary on the talk show circuit, saying if only there was a LAW requiring the gov't to keep the records, instead of parents, this wouldn't have happened. COUNT ON IT.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:56:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2002 12:59:33 PM EDT by DarkHelmet]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:00:28 PM EDT
That may be... but lets just remember one thing. His son was kidnapped and brutally murdered. I would tend to believe that when it comes to fighting crime, his intentions are certainly noble. I really don't think he has any sinister intentions regarding your childrens DNA. He was a normal guy just like you and me. He didn't ask to be famous. I'm sure he'd trade it all to have his son back. Try to show at least an ounce of compassion considering the circumstances.
View Quote
Lets remember that he is a gun grabber extradannorire, has publically stated that he would not have used a gun to save his child (that it is morally wrong to fight back). He can eat the peanuts out of my shit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:00:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:01:58 PM EDT
John Walsh's [b]wife and child were kidnapped and murdered[/b], thus leaving him in a very vulnerable and passionate position when these "preventative measures" come along. I certainly can't blame him for backing this program, nor do I personally have a problem with it, with society being the way it is today... When a body is found, the scientific work begins... With a DNA fingerprint on file, grieving families could finally have a level of certainty as to if a body is a family member or not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:06:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:08:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DarkHelmet:
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Originally Posted By AlClenin: Just snip some of your kids hair and put it into a ziploc bag in a safe place. If a dna sample is ever need, there it is.
View Quote
Another very good point
View Quote
WRONG! DNA testing from a hair sample doesn't work. However... if you YANK some of the hair out of your childs head that will work. It's the cuticle (skin) attatched to the hair that they derive the DNA from. Not the hair folicle itself.
View Quote
You got the point though. If you're worried about identifying the body sometime in the future it isn't hard to store your own sample. I think I'll cut off my pinky toe, put it in the dehydrator, and send the result to my mom. That way, if the ATF comes and burns my apartment to the ground because of my internet message board postings my family can identfy my chared corpse.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:36:02 PM EDT
Couldn't they just use the parents' DNA for sample? Didn't our military just asked bin Laden's family to give some DNA for identification purpose in case we find Osama's bits and pieces? This is very X-file. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:39:34 PM EDT
Gloftoe- I believe that only YOU can protect your children from the violent a**holes that want to harm our children. It is our job as parents, and I think as parents we tend to do an excellent job. Hielo- I believe you are correct about John Walsh being a gun grabber. I've heard his retoric too. It really makes no difference, he's not asking for your firearms, he just wants to make the world a better place for our children. I think Darkhelmet also makes a good point. I feel like his intentions are completely honorable, especially since YOU are the only one to have access to the DNA sample anyway. Personally, I see no harm in what he is trying to do. I would want to know if the child that was just found chopped up in little pieces was mine (God Forbid) or for the proper authorities to be able to find the parents that the child belongs to in an expedient manner. That's just my .02 for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:40:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hielo:
That may be... but lets just remember one thing. His son was kidnapped and brutally murdered. I would tend to believe that when it comes to fighting crime, his intentions are certainly noble. I really don't think he has any sinister intentions regarding your childrens DNA. He was a normal guy just like you and me. He didn't ask to be famous. I'm sure he'd trade it all to have his son back. Try to show at least an ounce of compassion considering the circumstances.
View Quote
Lets remember that he is a gun grabber extradannorire, has publically stated that he would not have used a gun to save his child (that it is morally wrong to fight back). He can eat the peanuts out of my shit.
View Quote
Hielo, you are my hero.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:45:26 PM EDT
Fella's think, think...When your kid becomes missing forever, he wants you to be able to clone a new one.[whacko]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:38:08 PM EDT
yup after some test the dna makes little lines at different distances in a slab of jelly like stuff. you put the kid's dna next to the parents in the gel and the lines will match up, half the kid's with some of the mom'sm and half with some of the dad's we did a simulated test in high school bio lab. It was a while ago so I forget all the technical names for the test and the gel stuff I think this thing smells too much like "big brother"
Originally Posted By Javak: Couldn't they just use the parents' DNA for sample? Didn't our military just asked bin Laden's family to give some DNA for identification purpose in case we find Osama's bits and pieces? This is very X-file. [(:|)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:23:39 PM EDT
There have already been cases of police going into elementary schools, fingerprinting children, and keeping the cards. Then after a protest, the card were given to the parents. But you can bet the cards were, by that time, scanned and the data entered into whatever databank. They want us all to have chips embedded, like they do dogs and race horses, so we can be scanned and prove we are U.S. Citizens. All US Military have DNA samples taken. And when you get your CCW, it is cross referenced with your car's plate number, so that the cops know that you are likely armed. Welcome to the "Beast".
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:02:29 PM EDT
I used to have alot of respect for John Walsh until his all gunowners have explosives and arsenals in their houses. On Larry King a couple of weeks ago when discussing the little girl in Cali(I believe Danielle was her name) that was abducted and found dead MR JOHN WALSH stated that he was in favor of putting computer chips in children so they could be located by satellite almost immediately. He stated that it was an excellent idea and he was pushing for it to happen. I almost sh**. Now when I here comments about him being an atheist I am not surprised. I realize alot of members here do not believe in GOD or like to discuss it but those that do know what I am talking about. The 666 marking and a computer chip(well you tell me the difference. Please do not get panties bunched that this is another religious post. What I am getting at is how easy to know whereabouts of everyone in the future if it is mandatory to have chips installed when born or very young. Big brother would have things much easier. Granted this idea would be great if used properly but we all know how things are supposed to be and how they end up. John Walsh's son died a cruel death which no child should have to endure but I believe he has used his childs death for fame and money. I am sure he didn't start out that way but IMHO that is how it is now. Push his ideals on everyone else. I refuse to watch his program anymore.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:16:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gloftoe: How in the hell will this "protect children from violence"? What, is the kidnapper/killer/molester/rapist going to check against the DNA sample before he snatches/murders/violates your kid? Gimme a fucking break. Hey John Walsh, I'm really sorry you lost your son and all, but don't try and force your feel-good shit on me and my family. -Gloftoe
View Quote
This does not strike me as forcing anything on anyone. This is more like an FYI bulletin, just letting you know the opportunity is there. While I do not agree with John Walsh on a LOT of things, this one seems pretty harmless. We keep everything, not some new alphabet agency (there would have to be a new one for this ya know), so where's the harm?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:23:14 PM EDT
I am sickened.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:39:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:47:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan: As long as the parents get to keep all record of the test and sample, no harm I see.
View Quote
When did you become so moderate? [b]Have you read your other posts?[/b]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:54:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DarkHelmet:
View Quote
Another very good point
View Quote
WRONG! DNA testing from a hair sample doesn't work. However... if you YANK some of the hair out of your childs head that will work. It's the cuticle (skin) attatched to the hair that they derive the DNA from. Not the hair folicle itself.
View Quote
So they can tell if I smoked dope 18 months ago with it - not my DNA but, give 'em my toothbrush............
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:57:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:13:44 AM EDT
View Quote
When did you become so moderate? [b]Have you read your other posts?[/b]
View Quote
Yes, surprisingly I HAVE read my other posts. [;)] My point is that standard fingerprinting techniques have been around for ages. As some here have pointed out, certain schools are implementing VOLUNTARY fingerprint sessions for all kids and the parents KEEP the card. This is just a natural extension of that. I certainly don't put it past the Gov't to try to expand these programs to MANDATORY fingerprinting of kids and MANDATORY DNA sampling of kids. But since [u]that[/u] is the real threat to our privacy, [u]that[/u] is what must be opposed. I'm not ignorant of the slippery slope presented here, but as long as I have total control of the data - I find nothing wrong... yet. I suppose that when every kid in school is photographed on "school picture day" you all should worry that their pictures will be entered into a face-recognition database? [:|]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:29:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2002 5:30:10 AM EDT by The_Macallan]
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: As I understand it, John Walsh was a very bad parent (don't ask me exactly how, because I don't remember at this hour) and only after his son's death did he sober up and start crusading against crime. John Walsh gets a lot of sympathy where he doesn't deserve it. He has been using his son's death for money for-what is it?-20 years now? John Walsh is scum, and should get his just punishment, and get ignored.
View Quote
Scum or not he lost his son. That should change attitudes on both sides. If using a personal tragedy to make a difference (to the point where it becomes your career) makes you a scum now, where's room for compassion? I used to have a seething hatred for Eric Clapton - his celebration of drug use in "Cocaine" just hit the wrong chord in me and put him at the top of my despised-scumbag list for years. When he lost is toddler son in a horrific way, I initially felt a twinge of vengeful rejoice. "He had it coming" I thought... "karma". But the tragedy changed him and he even though he "made money off his son's death" with the release of "Tears in Heaven", I came to realize that the agony of losing a child had changed him and yet my hatred was still there. So I became the scumbag for holding on to that animosity. I can't fault John Walsh for what he does. It hurts no one and helps get wastoid/thugs off the streets. God forbid, if something like that ever happened to my son...
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:54:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan: I suppose that when every kid in school is photographed on "school picture day" you all should worry that their pictures will be entered into a face-recognition database? [:|]
View Quote
Interesting point brought up. No, they don't put them in face-recognition databases. Yes, they keep them since the majority of picture studios are now digitized (you can return months later and get reprints off their computer). So, the potential exists.
Top Top