Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 2:03:59 PM EDT
One of my buddies here at UDel is looking at picking up a Mauser this weekend (with my help), so I'm trying to find the address for X-Ring Supply in Newark.  Can anyone help me out?

Also, can anyone recommend a good public range within about 45 minutes of Newark?  

If we cant find a range, can we just shoot at his place?  He's got the land for it and is about 10-15 miles south of Newark. Obviously, I'm not a DE local, and my friend's just getting his first gun so he's clueless as to the local rules, so we could use some advice from a DE resident.

Thanks,
Kharn
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]

X-Ring Supply
2201 Ogletown Rd
Newark, DE
PH: 302-737-6575

I drove past it last Sunday, but it was closed.  It's located on a section of Ogletown Rd. that runs right next to Rt. 273.  I think it was a blue building with a Tatoo/Piercing Shop in the same building.

John
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My cousin lives in Wilmington. He is a very active shooter. The only public rifle range he knows of is a place called Overland. Its only got a 50 yd range though. Other then that there is no place to shoot rifles. He has to come upto my range to do some real shooting.

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Philly Gunman:
Would you happen to have directions to Overland?  50 yards is long enough for our purposes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Karn-
X-ring is the place! Great stuff and good service. I know the tele # by heart. It's 302-737-6575 and I like dealing with Bob the best.

That range you are talking about is a concrete box about 50 rds long near the canal off of RT 9 north of Delaware City. It's pronounced Om ma land don and it sucks. Just go to the range I go too. It's 20 minutes south of Newark in North East, MD off of Irish Town Rd. Just go RT 40 south until reaching RT272 right there in North East. Make a left onto 272 go thru down town N.E. (One stop light town). You'll see N.E. Guns as just before the light. Stop in and say hi to Gary. Lot's of surplus stuff like Mausers and Russian M44's. Go thru town and make a left on Irish Town RD. Go past the N.E. High School and look for another left onto a dirt road and that's the ELK NECK STATE FOREST RANGE. Open everyday except Monday. It's a great outdoor public range but you need to bring your own target stands. $10 for day pass or $50 for the year. Give me shout and I'll meet you up there. I'm a range officer there and show you around.
Mark
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
mk1iii: What're the Maryland rules on bringing regulated weapons in for non-residents?  I believe MD residents under 21 cant have regulated weapons, but can he bring one in (he's 19)?  My friend started browsing the web and the AK47 seems to be drawing him to the dark side, instead of a Mauser.  I've tried to push him towards an AR15, but he just loves the simplicity of the gun.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
mk1iii, I've never been to that range in DE but from what my cousin told me it sounds like it bites. Its the only one he knows off though. I'm not sure but I think if he drove to that range in MD it'd be about the same as if he drove upto my gun club.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Karn- You may be correct on the restricted weapons and under 21 rule, but I am not sure. Nobody is going around checking on I.D's or anything and personally I would not worry about it. I see teenagers with AK's and AR's all the time with no problems there so let your conscious be your guide. Decide for yourself is all that I am saying.

If he wants an AK and gets a Mauser instead he is only putting off the inevidable and going to waste his money on something he really doesn't want. It's an open invitation so give me a shout sometime if you want to go.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#8]
My friend solved our problem, he found a range in PA that we can use.  Thanks for the help guys.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top