Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 11:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2002 11:50:59 AM EDT by pakrat]
I know people always ask for help for those in need but this is something that is hitting close to home. One of our officers is deployed in AFG. and his family having a very difficult time. This deployment has really put a big crunch on them. My department is pretty much becoming their family support group. We are small department and we can only do so much, so I figured I'd put out the word to all you guys, to see if anyone of you all would be interested. If anyone is interested in helping, email me and I will provide a bit more information. There is only so much I can provide and not violate OPSEC, so please understand if I can not be forth coming with loads of information. Let me reassure everyone, that he does work for us, he is in AFG. and EVERY PENNY WILL GO TO HELP THE FAMILY! THANKS! (edited to add: Hey MODS, is there a possiability to tack this up for a couple of days? - Pakrat)
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:44:18 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:06:25 PM EDT
Check your email. Mike
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:12:25 PM EDT
[b][i]Sie befehlen, wir folgen.[/i][/b] I have tacked the thread, 'til someone else takes it down. God be with the soldier and his family. Eric The(Loyal)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:32:26 AM EDT
Check yer mail.....
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:37:35 AM EDT
You have mail!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:45:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2002 11:18:34 AM EDT by cluster]
check mail... Cluster.... edited to add ____________________ Called the S.B. ISD police Dept today. verified info as correct. I will do what I can to help..
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:15:22 PM EDT
Just touching base with everyone! The response has been outstanding! Thanks to all of you. I am glad Cluster checked into it. My biggest worry was that someone would think this is just a line of BS. As funds or support in what ever form arrives, I will make deliveries to the family once or twice each week. Once delivered, I will notify those who contributed, that delivery has been made. If you all will add your email address in the envelopes, it will make contacting everyone easier. If you have already corresponded with me by email, don't worry about it unless you have an email address that dosen't readily identify you. You guys.....and gals, are a bunch of good people. If the rest of this great country would pull together like you all have, then we could accomplish anything. I am touched by your generosity and genuine care! Thank you. Humbly, Pakrat
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:08:21 PM EDT
check the Mail you got my info
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 10:44:31 AM EDT
Sent you a IM yesterday, let me know if you didn't get it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:10:13 PM EDT
LE6920, No sir I did not get it - send again! Pakrat
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2002 1:54:19 PM EDT by AndyTN]
Pakrat, If possible would you email me with some more detailed info for this family? Seems to me that someone dropped the ball somewhere in this guy's "food chain." If a serviceman's family is having a tough time, then it becomes a problem to be solved "quick, fast, and in a hurry." Did your officer deploy in part of a unit, or as an individual augmentee? Regardless, a Family Support Group should be operating in your town. What branch of service are we talking about here? Don't know how much I can do, but I promise to shake a few trees if you get me some info. (Looks like my email address didn't load for some reason in this post. Please send to: hotdog007_99@yahoo.com)
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:56:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 8:19:09 PM EDT by Paul]
Top Top