Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2002 6:52:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2002 7:13:58 AM EDT by idaho-ar15]
Dell Computers has set up a call center in my area to handle tech support. I'm bent out of shape for several reasons, reason #1 The local college has bent over backwords and given Dell several building for their use until Dell has a building of their own. In the meantime current students are forced to do without multiple computer labs and learning centers. Today I can add reason #2. While driving into work I hear a Dell advertisement on the radio wanting people to submit applications. Toward the end of the radio broadcast I heard the words " a great workplace and Dell is an afirmitive action employer" WTF!! Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion but give me a break, do they want a qualified individual or a quota to fill?? idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:30:50 AM EDT
The latter judging by some of the people I've talked to in their sales and customer support (which is why I only order online when I buy from them). Consider using your pc at home. Why would you go to a computer lab? Silly students.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:47:35 PM EDT
Idaho: I think that the affirmative action language is actually or practically government mandated the same way every mortgage ad says Equal Housing Lender. Don't sweat it. Shooter 69: Many colleges have T-1 (or multiple T-1) lines for their computer labs servicing realatively up to date computers. A lot of students have dinky dial-up modems and computers that Dad hasn't replaced since freshman year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:40:47 AM EDT
Thank you for that, Frances. Obviously you missed that I was joking. What Idaho said about the college providing dell with student facilities is outrageous.
Top Top