Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/19/2002 5:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 7:12:07 PM EDT by libertyof76]
Excellent article by Joseph Sobran on the misused term Anti-American: [url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/sobran/sobran245.html[/url] Some excerpts: --- If, for example, you think the U.S. Government should abide by the Constitution even during wartime, you are anti-American. If you think the government should at least declare war before waging it, you are anti-American. If you deprecate a war that hurts and kills innocent people without achieving its stated goals, you are anti-American. --- If you think that even America’s "good wars" – the Civil War and World War II – had terribly tragic results for this country and the world, you are anti-American. --- But this original sense of measure has been lost. To judge your government by its own supposed criteria – the specific and limited powers named in the Constitution which our officials are sworn to uphold – is disloyalty and treason. Obey, or be damned! ---
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:03:17 PM EDT
But this original sense of measure has been lost. To judge your government by its own supposed criteria – the specific and limited powers named in the Constitution which our officials are sworn to uphold – is disloyalty and treason. Obey, or be damned! It is a bitch isn't it? So what can you do?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:09:10 PM EDT
Just as long as you're not an anti-Dentite!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:12:32 PM EDT
History tends to reveal that Americans have always been suspicious of their government and perhaps even a bit self-critical. But hey... that's one of the benefits of liberty and freedom!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:21:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 6:22:33 PM EDT by sgtar15]
libery76 You aren't anti american but you sure are one sided. There is more reporters than just this Lewrockwell guy. Reading and researching is great and I encourage it. However, after you read and research, formulate your own opinion and learn to write/post [i]your[/i] views instead of letting Mr Rockwell doing it for you. Doing so deminstrates(sp?) the differance between a wise man or just a follower. Not a flame.....just a little sage advice. Sgtar15 PS No charge of course[;)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:22:25 PM EDT
Yes, he is and yes, you are.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:17:01 PM EDT
Sgtar15: I do have my own opinion. Is it my fault that his is the same as mine? I always think carefully about what I read, and whether it is true or not. In any case, I only post articles I find to be completely true or very interesting. There is many more I come across that he posts but I do not totally agree with. I also like to provoke discussion. If I get one person to see the light, then I am happy. Rik: You proved my point. If you definition of Anti-American is being true to the original Americans(the Founders), then mark me down as Anti-American. However, my definition of Anti-American is one who does not follow the ideals of the Founders, and in that case you are Anti-American. My definition makes much more sense though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:37:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By libertyof76: Rik: You proved my point.
View Quote
That's impossible. You have no point.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:43:17 PM EDT
Top Top