Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 11:35:22 AM EDT
I learned a great thing about this board today. Other than learning about the SERBU I am going win at the BRC, to complement my M99, [:)]

is that everyone gets their panties in a bunch about dogs. [;)]

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
c-rock, from the "Dogfighting, should it be legal" thread:
Man, you all cannot see the entertainment of seeing two animals go at it.
View Quote

You're absolutely right. Where is the entertainment in watching two animals trained and forced to fight to the death? A boxing match, where the fighters are in it by choice, is different. They don't fight to the death. The fight is stopped when one fighter bites a chunk off the other, as we've all seen.

Dogs are about the best loved animals there are, and asking most people if they'd like to see two dogs tear each other to pieces is like asking if they'd like to see two members of their family try to beat each other to death with billy clubs.

Expecting to get calm, reasoned responses to a question like that is just unrealistic.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, it's not about dogs, but about cruelty, and the stupid people who enjoy it.  I guess if it's not an anti-cop thread, you just don't get it.

Oh, sorry. Almost forgot the obligatory smilie so I don't have to take any responsibility for my comments: [;)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
,, and religion,
and Chevy Vs Ford,
and Colt Vs Bushmaster,
and 7.62 x 39 Vs 5.56/223...
View Quote

And feral cats,
...and which nation needs to be nuked first,
...and pretty much every other subject.

In short, we're one damn disgreeable bunch. [;D] (pardon my French - HEY!!! Let's nuke THEM first!!!!)

We're American gun owners - the least likely of any species on the planet to lay down and let others tell us what to think.

Hopefully, when the time comes we can put that all aside, and get shoulder to shoulder against "all enemies, foreign and domestic.'

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Garandman wrote:
We're American gun owners - the least likely of any species on the planet to lay down and let others tell us what to think.
View Quote

The above gets the "Zoom Insightful Comment of the Day" award.  Where should I mail the plaque?z
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't believe you have learned anything.

Cruelty for the sake of entertainment just doesn't make it with me.

I'm not sure what it says about those who enjoy such a spectacle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
And pics of womenz!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

is that everyone gets their panties in a bunch about dogs. [;)]

c-rock
View Quote

No panties here.........Free balling all the way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top