Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2002 6:39:21 AM EDT
I seen cock fighting, and that is a trip. It be interesting to see two pit bulls go at it. No flames please. I guess the thing in Chicago is to have a mean dog, since getting caught with a handgun is a big time problem. c-rock Chicago police charged two men with animal cruelty Monday after 35 abused dogs, including seven pit bulls that had to be euthanized, were recovered from a Little Village home believed by police to have been a site for training and fighting dogs. Jose G. Garcia Jr., 33, of the 2500 block of South Homan Avenue, and his father, Jose G. Garcia Sr., 56, of the 6100 block of South California Avenue, were charged with animal cruelty; the son also was charged with dogfighting and possession of heroin and marijuana. Neighborhood police officers suspected dogfighting at the home of the younger Garcia and obtained a search warrant for the house Sunday. At the home, police found two elderly people living in squalor, a pit bull, seven puppies, narcotics and aquariums with snapping turtles and lizards, the police report said. A neighbor said the older people were Garcia Jr.'s grandparents. Police found a garbage-littered kitchen, a bathroom with no door or lights, and dogs asleep in closets, according to reports. In the basement of the home were what appeared to be a dogfighting ring and feces-covered dogs confined to small cages or chained to walls, police said. A three-foot alligator, books on dog breeding, dog medications and weights and treadmills to train dogs also were found, police said. The remaining dogs are being held and treated at the Chicago Department of Animal Care and Control. They had bites, open wounds and scarring on their faces and legs, and wounds that had not healed correctly, said Sandra Alfred, deputy director at the center. Dogfighting has been increasing in popularity among gangs and youths, police said. "There is a growing awareness that dogfighting and animal abuse are criminal activity that require an aggressive law enforcement response," said Chicago Police Sgt. Steve Brownstein, supervisor of the Animal Abuse Control Team, a four-member unit created to uncover animal cruelty. "There's nothing kind about dogfighting. There's a lot of brutality in training the animals--they're fed hot peppers and beaten, kept in dirty cages," Brownstein said. "The fight itself is very bloody and painful to the animal. After fights, sometimes they are not medically treated and die a slow death from injuries." Dogfighting is illegal in all 50 states and has been a felony in Illinois for 10 years. It's also illegal to own, breed or train animals for fighting and those convicted of dogfighting could face 1 to 3 years in prison and a $50,000 fine. Garcia Jr. is scheduled to appear in Felony Court March 25 and his father in Misdemeanor Court April 11. Copyright © 2002, Chicago Tribune
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:47:10 AM EDT
NO !!! besides the obvious cruelty aspect of it (for greed and macho), if a fighting rooster escaped from its pen that is no big deal, but an escaped killer pit bull ..well thats another story.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:49:04 AM EDT
Dogfighting should be limited to the skies over a foreign country. I'm resisting the temptation to fire up my thermobaric, Rosie O'Donnell and chili powered flamethrower here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:04:48 AM EDT
I always say if it doesn't hurt anyone it shouldn't be illegal. But dog fighting does hurt the dogs so even though no people are hurt I'd have to say I think it should be illegal.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:08:33 AM EDT
When dog fighting is made illegal only illegal dogs will fight! [:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:20:00 AM EDT
I seen cock fighting, and that is a trip. It be interesting to see two pit bulls go at it. No flames please.
View Quote
Isn't it a little disingenuous to post an inflammatory topic and then request "No flames please"? [>:/]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:33:07 AM EDT
"including seven pit bulls that had to be euthanized" Why did the dogs have to be Euthanized? I have seen a pattern by Animal "Welfare" folks who would rather kill animals than just let them be. Perhaps given the choice, the dogs would have opted to fight, rather than be summarily put to death by some Quack animal control "official". I don't want to see animal torture, but I also don't want to see a bunch of dogs executed for wanting to fight each other. Enter them all into a massive Mortal Kombat tournament.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:42:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 7:46:58 AM EDT by jboze]
The reason that the dogs have to be killed is because after they have fought they are not taken care of properly, and are left to die, if not killed in the fight. The dogs are abused and treated harshly. They raise those dogs for one thing, and one thing only. Once they are unable to fight, they are useless and kicked aside to fend for themselves. I own a Pit Bull and it is the sweatest dog I've ever owned. I've had 3 Labs and they don't compare. This dog is great with other animals and with kids. It all has to do with how the dogs are raised. The dogs that are raised to fight, are not only dangerous to other animals, but also to humans. My guns may be dangerous, but I am in complete control of what happens with them. If a fighting dog gets loose, it's a different story though! [IMG]http://www.gotbeer.net/images/dalee/images/dalee-ears.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:45:39 AM EDT
Maybe it's a question of degree. I don't care about chicken fighting because they are dumb birds and I eat them. Dogs, OTOH, I like. So I oppose dog fighting, and I would like to see these guys arrested locked in a small cage with one of those giant fighting dogs subject of that big trial going on right now. *That* would be very entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:54:25 AM EDT
Man I am going to leave this one at what an idiotic question you have posed. No I am not. Tell you what, I will kick the crap out of you until you see every other human being as a target, throw you into a "ring" with another man, equally mistreated, and let you two have at it. If you survive, I will continue to do this until you are dead, or can't fight, then throw your "worthless" ass out on the street, where the end WILL find you as uncomfortably as possible. [pissed] [pissed]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:58:31 AM EDT
No way. jboze: Beautiful dog, man.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:01:39 AM EDT
Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:07:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By c-rock: I seen cock fighting, and that is a trip. It be interesting to see two pit bulls go at it. No flames please.
View Quote
[b]If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons - James Thurber [/b]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:07:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USP40C: Man I am going to leave this one at what an idiotic question you have posed. No I am not. Tell you what, I will kick the crap out of you until you see every other human being as a target, throw you into a "ring" with another man, equally mistreated, and let you two have at it. If you survive, I will continue to do this until you are dead, or can't fight, then throw your "worthless" ass out on the street, where the end WILL find you as uncomfortably as possible. [pissed] [pissed]
View Quote
Yeah, just kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. I would rather fight than be injected. Of course, I don't like to see dogs being put into this no-win situation at all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:13:48 AM EDT
pure unadulterated cruelty, causing suffering for "fun". they should euthanize the dogs (because you can never trust them loose), but first they should let the dogs kill their trainers. now THAT'S entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:18:08 AM EDT
In case I was unclear, my last post was directed at c-rock, and his original question.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:23:37 AM EDT
It's this kind of shit that gives the Librals' ammo to make laws that shouldn't have to be made. If no-one used guns in crime, we would have no reason for gun control. But as it is, we do need some method of keeping guns out of criminals hands. What we have here is a case o a few bad apples screwin things up for the rest of us. This is why some sort of gun-control is necessary, hold your horses before you start damning me to hell. I am definately not for national NICS system (where Uncle Sam is comnpiling a big list of everyone buying a firearm, I am for at the most a SHORT waiting period whilst a local sheriff verifies you aint a felon, or perhaps even better, given a "certificate" saying you are not a felon and are not pending trial every few years or something nothing more. Anyone immoral enough to train dawgs to fight each other is just plain WRONG, any way you look at it. I am definately not saying that animals are to placed equal with man, but even in the Bible, it says: "The righteous man cares for the life of his beast." (Prov 12:10),just to make 1 example for us Christian, as well as Jewish folk. So to answer your question, hell yes it should be illegal, because some folks just aint right in the head. This kind of thing just gives the extreme animal rights folk more ammo.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:29:46 AM EDT
What part of human flesh is resting on that evil red eyed devil of a looking dog's paw? Just kidding [:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:36:58 AM EDT
Gee, let me think...should animals (ANY ANIMALS) be FORCED to fight for the amusement of human beings? Oh, gee, that's a tough one. NOT NO BUT HELL NO, YOU MORON!!!! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/angryfire.gif[/img] [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/brdflick.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/redbite.gif[/img] CJ
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:56:37 AM EDT
I saw two dogs fighting when I was walking to work last week. Should I have stopped and arrested them? I didn't know that was illegal. ;)
feces-covered dogs confined to small cages
View Quote
I'm neutral on the fighting issue. I'm not neutral at all on the above. Confining any living thing to a space too small and making it live in its own excrement is just wrong. Having the dogs fight is one thing, but not treating wounds, keeping them in cages too small and not cleaning the cages is much worse than I think anyone can view the actual fighting.z
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:59:55 AM EDT
i bet if it was with cats you people woulndt have a problem with it
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:59:58 AM EDT
if the fights were sanctioned like they use to be, then yes. dog fights between APBTs are not cruel, but like modern day boxing. do you think boxing is cruel? no it's not, the boxers have a choice whether to continue fighting or not. the boxers love what they are doing. just like 2 pit bulls in a match, they love what they are doing. in a sanctioned match, if a dog fails to scratch the line (willing to fight) the matched is over. when dog fighting was legal, there were not that many fights (sanctioned) which ended up with the death of a dog. before you flame me, read the book "The American Pit Bull Terrier" by Richard Stratton. it will dispel the myths and rumors about the APBT.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:05:40 AM EDT
I think that the people who are into dog fighting are needle-dick pussies. They get off on seeing pain and torment, and dont have the balls to get in the ring themselves. Hell no dog fighting should not be legal! ARH
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:07:30 AM EDT
Cyrax, are you trying to pick a fight? Fighting animals intentionally is wrong. PERIOD!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:08:00 AM EDT
Sure why not, I think that cock fighting should be legalized though. We sill have a cockfighting ring, pens, and those little razorblade spurs here at our ranch for back in the day when it was big around here. I have always had the urge to start it up again, if only for one fight to see what it would be like. But haven't because I don't want to be Bubba's bitch.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:08:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Renamed:
I seen cock fighting, and that is a trip. It be interesting to see two pit bulls go at it. No flames please.
View Quote
Isn't it a little disingenuous to post an inflammatory topic and then request "No flames please"? [>:/]
View Quote
' You are correct, I did say that. Man, you all cannot see the entertainment of seeing two animals go at it. OR how about Bull fighting?? That is cool also. c-rock
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:09:19 AM EDT
Zoom. Ya neutral on keeping your guns too?? There is a very definite right and wrong here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:12:31 AM EDT
When in the course of nature two animals see fit to fight that is one thing, and it is not entertainment. When they are "trained", and abused for "sport", or entertainment, it is entirely another.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:19:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cyrax777: i bet if it was with cats you people woulndt have a problem with it
View Quote
Of course not, most guys like to watch cat fights, its just too bad they are a rare occurance with hot chicks, its usally fat ugly white trash beasts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:24:12 AM EDT
If you are able to afford the cost of a fully armed and fueled F-16C Viper, I say go for it, all you need is a nice big chunk of clear airspace, but the cost of those AMRAAM AIM-120 missiles may put a damper on your spending. I would prefer to get up close and use an AIM-9M Sidewinder and for real fun, you could go for a guns kill with the 20mm GE Vulcan cannon. Now if the opponent is flying an Sukhoi Su-27, you might be in for a long day! As far a watching two dogs fight, cruel, inner city form of entertainment for the low life scum!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:27:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USP40C: Cyrax, are you trying to pick a fight? Fighting animals intentionally is wrong. PERIOD!!!
View Quote
im not trying to pick a fight just showing the hypocracy of people ie the cat haters ie its ok as long as its a cat but when its a dog its like someone pissed on there rights
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:29:46 AM EDT
Cyrax, My appologies if I misunderstood your intention. At the moment this is not reallya good topic for me to get into as we just had to put down one of the family dogs after 14 years of companionship.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 10:06:43 AM EDT by jboze]
im not trying to pick a fight just showing the hypocracy of people ie the cat haters ie its ok as long as its a cat but when its a dog its like someone pissed on there rights
View Quote
Yeah, but Cats taste sooo much better! [:D] Kidding, of course!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:12:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 10:14:43 AM EDT by OLY-M4gery]
I like you wize guys talking about dog-fighting with planes, that was my first thought too.[:D] Dog fighting is wrong and horrific, and the treatment they can expect out of the ring is rotten too.[V] What about bull-fighting, man v bull, how do you guys feel about that?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:20:02 AM EDT
Yep! That's a evil looking dog alright with those red eyes. What's on the pups paw? Gum? I think not! I believe it's what's left of "Mittens" the kitten! Also, if you look at the left JBL speaker in the photo, you'll see jboze's got a porcelain figurine of two brown field mice duking it out. See the look of fear in one mouse's eyes that getting smacked silly? Oh the horror, clearly a home of animal abuse....lol (Come on...laugh with me, I'm just poking some fun)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:23:12 AM EDT
All forms of sport fighting should be banned-- animals or men included. The only exception should be two babes in a mud pit. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:27:47 AM EDT
Can I get an AMEN!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:35:45 AM EDT
What about bull-fighting, man v bull, how do you guys feel about that?
View Quote
I think that outside of Spain and Mexico it's a non-issue. [;)] It would be interesting, though, to see the PETA-zoids and the "diversity" enthusiasts go head-to-head if a group of Mexican-Americans wanted to stage a bullfight in the United States.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:42:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Renamed: I think that outside of Spain and Mexico it's a non-issue. [;)] It would be interesting, though, to see the PETA-zoids and the "diversity" enthusiasts go head-to-head if a group of Mexican-Americans wanted to stage a bullfight in the United States.
View Quote
That I would pay GOOD money to see.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:42:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 10:43:21 AM EDT by Avalon01]
Originally Posted By OLY-M4gery: What about bull-fighting, man v bull, how do you guys feel about that?
View Quote
Some places are now using a spear the "sticks" to the bull and does not break the skin. No harm is done. That would be OK. The bull does not have to be killed. Av.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:47:28 AM EDT
LMAO @ Ramjet! Good one! That "red thing" that she's chewing, is what's left of a plastic toy she got a hold of. And the red eyes, is of course from the camera! My Pit Bull is as evil as my Black Rifle!!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:48:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl: Dogfighting should be limited to the skies over a foreign country. I'm resisting the temptation to fire up my thermobaric, Rosie O'Donnell and chili powered flamethrower here.
View Quote
At times I believe it to be right and proper to give in to temptation !
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:54:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By c-rock: I seen cock fighting, and that is a trip. It be interesting to see two pit bulls go at it. No flames please.
View Quote
I seen you're topic. Thankfully you do not live in a trailer home and in the South. [X]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:56:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DScott:
View Quote
[b]If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons - James Thurber [/b]
View Quote
Right on DScott ! (And if Thurber need further proof.............)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:01:44 AM EDT
ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY that would hurt animals ,children ,women,old people ,and anything or anybody that cannot take care of itself,should have their nuts ripped off and shoved up their arse!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:17:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By swampdog: ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY that would hurt animals ,children ,women,old people ,and anything or anybody that cannot take care of itself,should have their nuts ripped off and shoved up their arse!
View Quote
WORKS for me !
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:40:19 AM EDT
Like many have said, it is all in how the dog is raised, and SOME dogs are taught to fight and be "mean" to just about everything that walks. That being said, there are some dogs that LOVE to fight - they do not need to be "taught" to do this. I do NOT support dog fighting in any way, but the fact remains that dogs who are of "fighting breeds" love to fight - period. My Debo is the most kind, gentle, and intelligent Dog I have ever met - but if he was put in a "pit", and challenged by another dog (most likely another APBT), he would most likely fight his challenger to the death. Not because he was forced or taught, but because it is in his blood (Debo's bloodline is full of Grand Champions, Champions, and R.O.M. fighting APBTs). However, he will never see, much less be in a dog fight. I love the breed (I have studied American Pit Bull Terriers for years), but I would never consider fighting dogs. If you want to flame me on this, it is your right. Tyler
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:02:06 PM EDT
Dogfighting, should it be legal? Or an equally stupid question: Child abuse, should it be legal? The short answer is no. My reasoning is best outlined in the following quote:
Originally Posted By swampdog: ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY that would hurt animals ,children ,women,old people ,and anything or anybody that cannot take care of itself,should have their nuts ripped off and shoved up their arse!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:02:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By OLY-M4gery: What about bull-fighting, man v bull, how do you guys feel about that?
View Quote
If it were a true man-vs-bull fight, that'd be more even and probably more of a fair fight. As it is, before the matador even steps in the ring, the picadores have lanced and weakened the bull, cutting through the shoulder muscles, and making the bull unable to really fight back. While it's still mildly dangerous for the matador, it's mostly spectacle now and pretty stupid IMO. If they where true men, they'd take the bull on one-to-one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:30:13 PM EDT
View Quote
x4 AMEN BROTHER[:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:40:48 PM EDT
Uhhh, how about we stage a dog fight, and then kill everyone who shows up. Then we make fine earrings and necklaces out of their teeth, for our womanz.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top