Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2002 8:33:27 PM EDT
Well I passed my Microsoft 210 test and already passed my A+ test, so I guess I am now an offical MCP. Granted on paper only because I know experience is what really counts. I will be taking my 215 test next week. I am at a cross roads however. I don't know if I should continue focusing on getting my MCSE or go for my CCNA test, which I am currently studing in school. I am leaning towards the MCSE since I enjoy Microsoft more. Any input would be appreciated. Also I would like ideas on good ways to get started into networking with people in the IT field to help me land a job once I am out of school. Should I join a IT club or Chamber of Commerce type thing or what? Again, any info wpuld be very helpful. Thanks Sgtar(paperMCP)15
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:58:59 PM EDT
I would take that thing north across the border and see if you're good enough to be an RCMP.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:07:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: I would take that thing north across the border and see if you're good enough to be an RCMP.
View Quote
Sometimes you just confuse the hell out of me[:\] Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:01:31 PM EDT
[img]http://www.pgonline.com/rcmp/saluting.gif[/img] [img]http://www.pgonline.com/rcmp/crest.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:19:50 PM EDT
Well hey. You don't happen to be located in PRK are you? I would also be an A+ and MCP tonight except the testing center was fully booked. Fully booked also till Wednesday. See ya up there. And I heard 70-215 is a breeze in comparison to Pro. BUt a real bitch to study considering the book is a mind bending 900 pages.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:46:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kaimeara: Well hey. You don't happen to be located in PRK are you?
View Quote
He's in Nevada.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:59:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Well I passed my Microsoft 210 test and already passed my A+ test, so I guess I am now an offical MCP. Granted on paper only because I know experience is what really counts. I will be taking my 215 test next week. I am at a cross roads however. I don't know if I should continue focusing on getting my MCSE or go for my CCNA test, which I am currently studing in school. I am leaning towards the MCSE since I enjoy Microsoft more. Any input would be appreciated. Also I would like ideas on good ways to get started into networking with people in the IT field to help me land a job once I am out of school. Should I join a IT club or Chamber of Commerce type thing or what? Again, any info wpuld be very helpful. Thanks Sgtar(paperMCP)15
View Quote
Not to burst your bubble or anything but you're gonna need a bit more to get a good job. Most a A+ and MCP will get you is a local computer shop tech job or Tech Support. Keep working on those certs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 5:05:33 AM EDT by thedave1164]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2002 5:08:38 AM EDT by satcong]
If you live in PHX, ATL, HARRISBURG, PAS, SAC, SJ, Pleasanton, Roseville, Dallas --then I can get you in with Elink. Let me know. (TECH SUP) satcong
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:03:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Originally Posted By Kaimeara: Well hey. You don't happen to be located in PRK are you?
View Quote
He's in Nevada.
View Quote
Actually.....I am kind of in both[;)]. But seriously Kaimeara, I am in NorCal. I just signed up for my 215 to take next Wednsday. I don't expect any problems. I have been using Exam Essiantialls Test Engine and getting in the 75% range on my first tries. I figure 20-25 hours of studing and I 'll pass it. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:15:29 PM EDT
I heard the 215 is easier in comparison to 210. Good Luck on it. I've met people personally from the test center who finished in 15 minutes, 25 minutes tops. Seems they stick around a little longer to make Big Brother not suspicious. You might wanna consider that. Too bad you can't just blow away 30-45 minutes after the test just looking at Ar15.com on the test comp. Heck, that'd be the way to go. See ya there soon. My test is tomorrow. PS There's this rumour / story about some girl who finished the 70-215 exam in 7 minutes. Supposedly she went home and received an email saying congratulations and that they were gonna keep her in "observation" from now on. Kinda tells you whether Big Brother is watching or not. (eheeh)
Originally Posted By sgtar15:
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
View Quote
He's in Nevada.
View Quote
Actually.....I am kind of in both[;)]. But seriously Kaimeara, I am in NorCal. I just signed up for my 215 to take next Wednsday. I don't expect any problems. I have been using Exam Essiantialls Test Engine and getting in the 75% range on my first tries. I figure 20-25 hours of studing and I 'll pass it. Sgtar15
View Quote
Top Top