Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2002 1:35:17 PM EDT
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?ID=101486 [/url]

He has to get a clue that if you call someone a name and your trying to sell something people are not going to like you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
yes siree he is his own worst enemy. i was interested in some stuff from them awhile back. afte looking around i figured a little higher price was worth it to avoid a hastle.

mike
View Quote

Amen to that Slayer!! I was thinking of buying one of the Mauser 98 in 308 that they have but after this I'll go and buy it from someone else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How does he stay in business with that kind of customer service?  

I mean, really- how can he not realize that this forum has thousands of readers, more importantly, thousands of potential customers?

I wish I had a business in the firearm industry right now, R Guns would bring me a lot of business.
View Quote

Go to the search area and do a search on him you will get a lot more then this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up guys, I was looking at getting some of those mags from him.  If his customer service includes name calling, I won't deal with him.  Who knows, if I had a problem, i don't need some ill manner punk's crap.  How old is he anyway?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Flame suit on

I agree he should handle things a little different, but all you people do is talk sh*t about him and his products.  Some dumb A** says his mags are from china and he calls him an idiot.  I dont think that is too far off.  I have seen much worse reactions for smaller insults.  I also think it is funny how someone always has a problem with spelling whenever they want to rip on someone.  We all make mistakes and this is the internet, not english class.  Whatever.

Flame suit off
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up guys, I was looking at getting some of those mags from him.  If his customer service includes name calling, I won't deal with him.  Who knows, if I had a problem, i don't need some ill manner punk's crap.  How old is he anyway?  
View Quote

Mentally he is about four years old, but lately he seems to be doing a bit better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I just loved the registry name to the web site

[b]Sportswereus, Inc.[/b]

How prophetic!

Jim
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
thats great. lol [:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some dumb A** says his mags are from china and he calls him an idiot.  I dont think that is too far off.  
View Quote

That being said, I would like to wish you luck in any future internet business should you decide to start one. You're gonna need it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to care about polite customer service.  I had a rule I wouldn't buy from rude people.  After getting screwed by Kel-Tec and never being able to get an explanation out of the Ammoman about an order, I've come to care more about actually getting what I paid for.  Kel-Tec has the most polite and pleasant people answering the phone that I've ever dealt with, but they just don't get the job done.  The last time I sent my P-32 back, they only replaced one small part and didn't even test fire it.  It was a waste of my $40 for shipping.  Eric is cool and I enjoy reading his responses here, but I still haven't gotten an explanation out of them as to what happened to the last order.  Screw it.  I don't care if the guy calls me names.  As long as the price is right and I get what I think I'm going to, I'll be happy.  The FAL mags I bought from RGUNS were in perfect condition.  The green followers and mag springs were nicer than the ones I bought from Tapco.  Are you buying a product from the guy or paying him to be nice to you?z
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
For my money, I have a right to be treated decently.   I've never dealt with RGuns, and having read the threads in question, I'm quite sure that I never will.  His attitude doesn't meet my minimum standards for civility and politeness.

There are lots of places I can shop from.  I'll restrict my shopping to places that treat me right, because that's worth something to me.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I used to care about polite customer service.  I had a rule I wouldn't buy from rude people.  After getting screwed by Kel-Tec and never being able to get an explanation out of the Ammoman about an order, I've come to care more about actually getting what I paid for.  Kel-Tec has the most polite and pleasant people answering the phone that I've ever dealt with, but they just don't get the job done.  The last time I sent my P-32 back, they only replaced one small part and didn't even test fire it.  It was a waste of my $40 for shipping.  Eric is cool and I enjoy reading his responses here, but I still haven't gotten an explanation out of them as to what happened to the last order.  Screw it.  I don't care if the guy calls me names.  As long as the price is right and I get what I think I'm going to, I'll be happy.  The FAL mags I bought from RGUNS were in perfect condition.  The green followers and mag springs were nicer than the ones I bought from Tapco.  Are you buying a product from the guy or paying him to be nice to you?z
View Quote

Fist off how many people on this sit has he ripped off? Maybe it was not you? But he has and still does piss people off.

I have to say he does have good prices but me I much rather pay $5 more some where they have good service.

I have also been in this guys shop before he is a joke of a FFL dealer and the people he hires are a joke and make FFl Dealers look bad.

No flame but you could have gotten the FAL mags from DSA for $5.00 just to let you know.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I gotta agree.  Who the hell is gonna buy from an openly hostile person?  If you do don't come back whining when the deal goes south.  You WERE warned!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
No flame
View Quote

None taken.  My only point is that I'm buying a product, and I don't want to  paying extra for someone to be nice to me.  Too many people seem to confuse a pleasant voice on the phone or a polite posting to this forum with service.  Kel-Tec can be as nice as they want to be, but good service would be fixing their pistols before they shipped new or fixing them when they came back.  Really, I'm buying a few magazines from the guy.  That doesn't require a rocket scientist or a finishing school graduate to fill my order.
but you could have gotten the FAL mags from DSA for $5.00 just to let you know.
View Quote

It's for a metric FAL.  The metric magazines from DSA were 60% more expensive than what I paid.  DSA also has a large (relative to what I always seem to want to buy) minimum order.  Aside, I read a post on l1a1.com that mentioned Tapco is going to start selling most of the FAL small parts along with the magazines, bolt carriers, upper receiver covers, etc. that they already carry.  Us FAL'ers no longer have to deal with DSA's excessive prices any longer to get a small part.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
He never fucked me, and the people are nice on the phone, The 223 guy is outta line by saying they are china knock offs, nothing comes from china anymore. Yall need a whiney bitch forum.
GG
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It seems that there are a lot of rude and just plain ignorant people in the gun and accessary business. Hardly a day goes by that I have to deal with somebody on the phone that probably should be doing daycare rather than trying to sell gun parts.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
He never fucked me, and the people are nice on the phone, The 223 guy is outta line by saying they are china knock offs, nothing comes from china anymore. Yall need a whiney bitch forum.
GG
View Quote

So calling a potential customer an idiot and allowing other potential customers to see the chastizing of that customer is ok?  I think an intelligent high handed response would have been the better approach to show that he wasn't a bad businessman and could brush off stupid comments without batting an eye.  Maybe that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
GG
View Quote

Well I'll just say something look up his name in the search. I have been to that shop once in my life and had a gang banger pointing a gun at me that the sales man let him see. When I said something the sales man said to me "It's unloaded chill out." Now this is the type of place you want to buy from fine.

But not me and when you work in a job dealing with the public you have to have thicker skin then him.

Edited to add

Who was the person that said that other Venders on this site sold stolen mags/or other AR-15 parts?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top