Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2002 11:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2002 12:07:33 AM EDT by pdxshooter]
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/central/03/17/savidge.fireice.otsc/index.html[/url] "We come across an abandoned red Toyota pickup hidden from our approach by a small depression. Since it's one of the favorite modes of transportation for Taliban fighters, the soldiers advance cautiously. The truck is empty. To make sure it stays that way, a Canadian sniper steps forward and aims his .50-caliber rifle at the grille. The shot explodes into the engine block and kicks up a cloud of dust behind the back wheels: The slug went clean through the entire truck." Now just what can you add to that?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:50:46 PM EDT
[url]www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/central/03/17/savidge.fireice.otsc/index.html[/url] How about a live link?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:52:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:38:14 AM EDT
Jeez, this article makes it sound like he just strolled up to the truck, shouldered his Barrett and pulled the trigger. He must have bee a pretty big guy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:19:43 AM EDT
Arc.....The article says that it was a CANADIAN sniper!! By definition since he was a Canadian he was BIGGER!!! ......LOL Just kidding Thanks for the link PDX I have been trying to confirm that our snipers had .50s ever since I read about our team taking out Talis at 1500 yards!! There was no way I could belive that they did that with a Parker Hale...no matter how good a shot he was!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:29:45 AM EDT
We should give up our target rifles because they use them to snipe with? If we follow that logic, every Remington 700 with a heavy barrel and a decent scope is a military style sniper rifle, and not for public consumption. If this doesn't finally get Joe Schmuck the three shot per year deer hunter's attention, what will?
Top Top