Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2002 6:11:28 PM EDT
[b]What are your current favorite current and old school albums?[/b] Here are mine in no particular order... Current: Incubus-Morning View System of a Down-Toxicity Coldplay-Parachutes Tool-Lateralus Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory Outkast-Big Boi & Andre3000 present... Not So Current: Creedence Clearwater Revival-Chronicle Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon Johnny Cash-Anthology Cream-Wheels of Fire Dead Kennedys-Give Me Convience or Give Me Death Jimmy Buffet-any Metallica-...And Justice for Al
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:16:24 PM EDT
No band formed after 1977 is worth a shit, so all of my favorites are old. Grateful Dead: Workingman's Dead Pink Floyd: Wish you were here Bob Marley: Rastaman Vibration Kiss: Kiss Alive II AC/DC: Any "For those about to rock" and backwards Etc, etc.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:25:05 PM EDT
My favorite of all time has to be The the: Mind Bomb
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:25:36 PM EDT
Then Queen - A Night at the Opera Now Smash Mouth - Astro Lounge Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:29:06 PM EDT
Currently... Husker Du - Candy Apple Grey PJ Harvey - Rid of Me Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker The Pixies - pick anything...its all good Iggy & The Stooges - Raw Power Chris Whitley - Din of Ecstacy, Live at Martyr's My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything Medicine - The Buried Life The Clash - London Calling The Who - Live at Leeds Juliana Hatfield - Become What You are Nirvana - In Utero Frank Sinatra - Live at the Sands Sebadoh - Bakesale
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:31:35 PM EDT
Some of the latest faves: Blood For Blood "Outlaw Anthem" Zeke "Death Alley" The Tossers "First League Out From Land" One Man Army "Last Word Spoken" Split Lip Rayfield (don't know the name. a friend of mine left it over at my house. but it is some kick ass bluegrass) Some of the all time faves: Merle Haggard "Okie From Muskogee" Cock Sparrer "Shock Troops" Buck Owens (pick an album) Midtown Bootboys "The Time Has Come" Johny Cash (again pick an album) Skrewdriver "Blood And Honour" To be honest with you, at any given point my current faves or all time faves changes from week to week. There are just too many great bands out there, and too many great albums. And I'm always keeping my ear to the ground for the next great album.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:35:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:35:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 6:41:26 PM EDT by stcyr]
I guess I don't understand! Why do wish to know/gather such information?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:39:08 PM EDT
I guess I don't understand! Why do wish to know/gather such infomation? What's the purpose?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:41:08 PM EDT
Jerry Jeff Walker- Viva Terlingua Jimmy Buffett- Songs You Know By Heart
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:44:03 PM EDT
Mostly New Stuff: A Perfect Circle...Mer De Noms Buckcherry...Time Bomb Misfits...Cuts from the Crypt Megadeth...The World Needs a Hero (Sort of) Old Stuff Tool...Undertow OZZY...Ozzmossis Metallica...Kill Em All Alice In Chains...Jar of Flies (Really) Old Stuff Pink Floyd...Wish You Were Here Led Zep...Boxed sets 1 & 2 Greatful Dead...American Beauty Jimi Hendrix...The Ultimate Experience
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 6:58:12 PM EDT by Fearandloathing37]
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut Tori amos - Boy's for Pele Robert Plant - Pictures at Eleven Led Zepplin - Physical Grafitti Fiona Apple - Tidal Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms Joe Walsh - The Confessor Eric Clapton - Unplugged Joan Osborn - Relish Alice in Chains - Dirt Rickie Lee Jones - Flying Cowboys The Police - Ghost in the Machine Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant Super Tramp - Crime of the Century Steely Dan - Decade Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman Iggy Pop - American Ceasar Anyway, that's the stack of CD's thats lying on top of the CPU this week. Fueling my AR15.com, weapons related rants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:17:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stcyr: I guess I don't understand! Why do wish to know/gather such infomation? What's the purpose?
View Quote
Relax... you're trying to hard. :) This is afterall,.. AR15.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 7:34:27 PM EDT by meshuggah]
Just got Jimmie Vaughan, "Do you get the blues" and play it nonstop after work & weekends. Anything by Junior Brown - Have 'em all. Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions CDB - A Decade of Hits Blues Masters Series (Rhino) Grateful Dead - Skeletons From The Closet Pumpkins - Dawn to Dusk - or is it Dusk to Dawn Robert Johnson - King of The Delta Blues Sound Track from "O Brother Where Art Thou" Has anyone heard the new Gillian Welch CD? Any Good? Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hot The Best of Quicksilver Messenger Service Johnny Lang - Lie to Me Many, many more
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 7:58:55 PM EDT by meshuggah]
Originally Posted By stcyr: I guess I don't understand! Why do wish to know/gather such infomation? What's the purpose?
View Quote
We need to update your profile in the Project Megiddo and MOSAIC databases...[%|]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:45:14 PM EDT
Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convience or Give Me Death Sheer Terror - Just Cant Hate Enough Skrewdriver - Blood And Honour Misfits - Box set Biohazard - Biohazard Type O Negative - Slow,Deep,Hard Rancid - Lets Go Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bullocks... Danzig - Danzig II & Danzig III Smashing Punpkins - Siamese Dream Johny Cash - (any) Hank Williams Jr. (any) Greatful Dead - American Beauty Pink Floyd - The Final Cut Alanis Morissette (any) Sheryl Crow - Sheryl Crow Beatles - Abbey Road BB King - Greatest Hits Pat Benatar - Live from Earth I could sit here for the next 4 hours and keep adding to this list.... These are the ones I listen too quite often... yep some were already listed, what can I say, it seems allot of you have great taste in music.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 10:01:41 PM EDT
Old school Led Zep: (any) Black Sabbath: Ozzy era (any other than Never Say Die) Johnny Cash: (any- esp Live at Folsom) Alice Cooper: (any) Devo: Freedom Of Choice esp, New Tradionalists is great also. Ramones: (big suprise!) Tom Jones Rush: (all good) Ted Nugent Newer stuff Tori Amos:(all good) Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses/October Rust Soundgarden Louder Than Love/Badmotorfinger White Zombie/Rob Zombie Primus Danzig Metallica: anything pre-sellout(ie "& Justice" & older) Reverend Horton Heat: The Full-Custom Gospel Sounds Of Rollins Band: The End Of Silence Corrosion Of Conformity: Deliverence Nine Inch Nails: any, esp Pretty Hate Machine
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 10:07:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By meshuggah:
View Quote
We need to update your profile in the Project Megiddo and MOSAIC databases...[%|]
View Quote
Plus we need to know which albums we need to implant the subliminal messages to get you to "think correctly"....
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 10:09:46 PM EDT
Just a few of the top of my head, mostly old, one or two recent. Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols Ramones Leave Home Physical Grafitti, or any Zep really except In Through the Out Door or the live album Disturbed: The Sickness The Cult: Sonic Temple Social Distortion: White Light, White Heat, White Trash Dead Boys: Young, Loud and Snotty
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:18:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2002 1:54:11 PM EDT by NH2112]
With the exception of Dream Theater, Creed, and Pearl Jam, I haven't heard very many "new" bands that I'd even rate with the WORST of the 70s and 80s bands - everything seems to be ripoffs of the rap/metal sound of the Beastie Boys, or grunge with a harder edge. There are NO vocalists anywhere near as good as Morrison, Daltrey, Lake, Gillan, etc, and if the musicians are any good, the music they play sure doesn't show it. All IMO, of course. Any Rush Any Kansas from Audio-Visions back Any Iron Maiden BOC - Imaginos BOC - Fire of Unknown Origin BOC - Spectres BOC - Secret Treaties Anthrax - Among the Living Anthrax - Persistence of Time Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime Queensryche - Rage for Order Queen - A Night at the Opera Queen - Innuendo Queen - The Game Queen - Sheer Heart Attack Metallica - anything before the black album Styx - anything before Cornerstone, and Paradise Theater Journey - Escape Journey - Captured Journey - Evolution Journey - Infinity ASaP - Silver & Gold Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso Rainbow - Rising Dio - Holy Diver Dio - The Last in Line Dio - Dream Evil Ozzy - Diary of a Madman Any military marches ELP - Works Volume 1 Asia - Asia Fleetwood Mac - Rumours Fleetwood Mac - The Dance Triumph - Rock n Roll Machine Triumph - Just A Game Triumph - Allied Forces Bob Seger - Against the Wind Bob Seger - Night Moves Bob Seger - Stranger in Town Led Zeppelin - III Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery & Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe Molly Hatchet - Molly Hatchet Yes - The Yes Album Yes - Fragile Yes - Close to the Edge Yes - Yessongs Yes - Going for the One Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday Uriah Heep - Salisbury
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:37:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: Geezinslaws - Blah, Blah, Blah (Old Blevins)
View Quote
Just reading that name makes me want a Shiner Bock. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:50:16 AM EDT
Wagner!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:50:59 AM EDT
Beatles through Nirvana. The stuff they play today, what the hell is it? I think all the tatoo ink has rotted their brains.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:59:18 AM EDT
ABBA - The Visitors Apocalyptica - Inquisition Symphony John Renbourne Group - A Maid in Bedlam Altan - Blackwater
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:02:53 AM EDT
Jellyfish - Bellybutton Led Zep - IVv Clash - Sandanista DLR - Eat 'em & Smile Cracker - Forever Wilco - Being THere #1 The Cult - Sonic Temple Sigur Ros - ????? T. Rex - Electric Merle Haggard - Roots
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:21:55 AM EDT
Long cool woman in a black dress.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:22:09 AM EDT
I'm with shaggy... add most of Bad Religion. Where are you all buying your Skrewdriver albums? Stores around here won't order it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:12:22 AM EDT
Current and not so current favs: System of A Down-Toxicity Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory Blink 182 Tool-Lateralus Disturbed- The Sickness SoundGarden- Badmotorfinger Rage Against the Machine- all of them Pearl Jam- Ten Hole- Live through This Mother Love Bone Tori Amos- Little Earthquake Alice In Chains...Jar of Flies - Dirt Metallica- pre 'sellout' albums Guns&Roses- Apetite for Destruction The Clash - London Calling Older Favs: The Doors- (all of them!!) Pink Floyd- Wish you were here, dark side of the moon, the wall, The final cut Ozzy Osbourne- Blizzard and Diary Black Sabbath- the ozzy albums Rolling Stones- all the older albums Jimi Hendriz - All of them Neil Young - too many to list CSNY- all of them
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:57:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:15:58 PM EDT
Not a big fan of most of the new stuff but I do like Train and Creed. Now for the classic rock selections: Layla and Other Love Songs - Derek and the Dominoes (Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, et al) Brothers and Sisters - The Allman Brothers Eat a Peach - The Allman Brothers The James Gang Rides Again - The James Gang(Joe Walsh) Hotel California - the Eagles Led Zeppelin I,II,III etc. Benefit - Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gold and Platinum and many others.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:10:44 PM EDT
I'm with ilikelegs and NH2112 ...big RUSH fan here They've done great work over the years. I can listen to their stuff over and over again, and hear new things each time. The lyrics also make you think about intelligent stuff. Favorite RUSH album: Moving Pictures Beatles Stones Zeppelin Pink Floyd Aerosmith AC/DC Peter Gabriel 80's pop (love that early synth work) Devo! Mozart Liszt Chopin Beethoven ...of course, much much more ~smug
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:47:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:53:57 PM EDT
The lyrics also make you think about intelligent stuff.
View Quote
. Yup. Leaving the room or finding and putting on your shooter's muffs are always intelligent things to think about whenever Rush comes on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 1:54:55 PM EDT
Deja Vu The White Album Dark Side of the Moon Wish You Were Here [b]Animals[/b] The Wall Led Zep II Neil Young Decade Allman Bros. At Fillmore East Aqualung Thick as a Brick Gold and Platinum [b]QUADROPHENIA[/b]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:05:21 PM EDT
Lord, I can't believe that Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' didn't appear until Page 2! And where is Jethro Tull's 'Aqualung' and 'Thick as a Brick'? 'Passion Play'? What's with you nerdy sons of beaches, anyway? I'll bet you don't even know what smack-dusted grass is! Or is it grass-dusted smack? I forget.... But, anywho, y'all are terribly uncool and not in the least bit hip, at all, at all! Ken Kesey and His Merry Pranksters would have bounced you off the bus at the first stoplight! They would, however, have kept your girlfriend. Eric The(ForMedicinalPurposesOnly)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:11:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: And where is Jethro Tull's 'Aqualung' and 'Thick as a Brick'? 'Passion Play'? Eric The(ForMedicinalPurposesOnly)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
You must have missed my response. I listed 'Thick as a Brick' and 'Benefit'. Tull is on of my favorites. Saw him live in Houston two years ago. He can still play the flute standing on one leg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:32:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Houston: Tull is on of my favorites. Saw him live in Houston two years ago. He can still play the flute standing on one leg.
View Quote
That was the Aerial show, I do believe. On a Sunday after the Roger Waters show at the Woodlands on Saturday. Oh, the residual buzz. [:D] How many of you geezers still rock and roll? Back to the question at hand: Give Me Back My Bullets Billion Dollar Babies Van Halen I & II Many,many more How bout Foghat Live on 8 track?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:38:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kikomax: That was the Aerial show, I do believe. On a Sunday after the Roger Waters show at the Woodlands on Saturday. Oh, the residual buzz. [:D] How many of you geezers still rock and roll?
View Quote
You are correct sir! I had front row seats courtesy of KKRW. I see he will be playing the Woodlands in May. I still rock and roll = Does 53 make me a geezer?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:44:14 PM EDT
I like to Rock. April Wine. Damn there was lot better music in the late 60's and thru the 70's. Thinned out in the 80's and 90's. 53 is a rockin age, I see. I be 40. How about Def Leppard. I heard they are making a comeback. Last seen at the Rodeo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:54:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bob243: Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convience or Give Me Death Sheer Terror - Just Cant Hate Enough Skrewdriver - Blood And Honour Misfits - Box set Biohazard - Biohazard Type O Negative - Slow,Deep,Hard Rancid - Lets Go Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bullocks... Danzig - Danzig II & Danzig III Smashing Punpkins - Siamese Dream Johny Cash - (any) Hank Williams Jr. (any) Greatful Dead - American Beauty Pink Floyd - The Final Cut Alanis Morissette (any) Sheryl Crow - Sheryl Crow Beatles - Abbey Road BB King - Greatest Hits Pat Benatar - Live from Earth I could sit here for the next 4 hours and keep adding to this list.... These are the ones I listen too quite often... yep some were already listed, what can I say, it seems allot of you have great taste in music.
View Quote
Man, that is one fucked up list! Not a judgement call dude, just that it is incredibly eclectic. LOL! And I thought I a wide range of musical taste. But Sheer Terror and Skrewdriver along with Alanis Morrisett and Gratefull Dead? I'd love to see your record collection.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:05:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Lord, I can't believe that Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' didn't appear until Page 2! Eric The(ForMedicinalPurposesOnly)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
[b]Hun, I listed Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon to start the topic off! Just say NO! to smack-dusted-grass and YES! to ginko biloba![/b] [;)]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:07:24 PM EDT
here is what is in my changer right now: Genesis "Selling England by the Pound" Yes "Fragile" Radiohead "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" Cannibal Corpse (this stuff is sure to make your neighbors want to come over for a visit) Astor Piazolla -- "Tango Zero Hour" Hank Williams Sr. greatest hits Bob Dylan "Slow Train Coming" John Scoffield "Uberjam" Metallica "Master of Puppets" Tool "Undertow" Mahavishnu Orchestra "The Inner Mounting Flame" Shakti "Greatest Hits" Miles Davis "In a Silent Way"
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:13:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KCBoomer: I'm with shaggy... add most of Bad Religion. Where are you all buying your Skrewdriver albums? Stores around here won't order it.
View Quote
Not a big suprise about your record store not ordering it. There are a few places you can pick up Skrewdriver online. Check out Vulture Rock and Squigtone Records. I think both take paypal (I know for a fact Squigtone Records does). I've dealt with John at Vulture Rock for years, and he's a good guy. If he doesn't have what you want, check Squigtone. A good label over there with alot of other great bands.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:29:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NH2112: With the exception of Dream Theater, Creed, and Pearl Jam, I haven't heard very many "new" bands that I'd even rate with the WORST of the 70s and 80s bands - everything seems to be ripoffs of the rap/metal sound of the Beastie Boys, or grunge with a harder edge. There are NO vocalists anywhere near as good as Morrison, Daltrey, Lake, Gillan, etc, and if the musicians are any good, the music they play sure doesn't show it. All IMO, of course. Any Rush Any Kansas from Audio-Visions back Any Iron Maiden BOC - Imaginos BOC - Fire of Unknown Origin BOC - Spectres BOC - Secret Treaties Anthrax - Among the Living Anthrax - Persistence of Time Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime Queensryche - Rage for Order Queen - A Night at the Opera Queen - Innuendo Queen - The Game Queen - Sheer Heart Attack Metallica - anything before the black album Styx - anything before Cornerstone, and Paradise Theater Journey - Escape Journey - Captured Journey - Evolution Journey - Infinity ASaP - Silver & Gold Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso Rainbow - Rising Dio - Holy Diver Dio - The Last in Line Dio - Dream Evil Ozzy - Diary of a Madman Any military marches ELP - Works Volume 1 Asia - Asia Fleetwood Mac - Rumours Fleetwood Mac - The Dance Triumph - Rock n Roll Machine Triumph - Just A Game Triumph - Allied Forces Bob Seger - Against the Wind Bob Seger - Night Moves Bob Seger - Stranger in Town Led Zeppelin - III Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery & Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe Molly Hatchet - Molly Hatchet Yes - The Yes Album Yes - Fragile Yes - Close to the Edge Yes - Yessongs Yes - Going for the One Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday Uriah Heep - Salisbury
View Quote
Crap man... you nailed them all... gotta add Def Leppard tho... High and Dry, Pyromania, and Hysteria. Just watching the girls dance to those Lep tunes made 'em all worthwhile... [}:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 4:51:28 PM EDT
I forgot: Paranoid The Doors-The Doors
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 4:53:56 PM EDT
Eric The Hun: Re: Jethro Tull - Aqualung. Why yes, I have a Copy of Aqualung hanging around somewhere. I highly suggest playing it in your patrol car, while taking officers from other deptments to the state qualification range. This along with a dose of The Violent Femmes is a sure way get some strange looks from your fellow LEO types. It also helps to wear thin wrap around sunglasses, while doing so. This is Central Oklahoma, after all, and all officers who listen to music other than country and westen, are veiwed with a great deal of suspision. Why yes, I have been UA'ed for being a Tull fan and passed the darn thing to :)
Top Top