Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2002 12:58:37 PM EDT
This is not a joke. Last week I had a meeting with my federal Congressman, Rep John Culberson - a [b]good[/b] guy. He was on the House committee that was debating the new Federal Airport Security bill (that passed a few weeks ago). Get this - he said the committee had to delay voting on the bill (before allowing it to go to the house floor) for 3 days because [b]the Democrats on the committee wanted to allow the federal airport security screeners to be BOTH non-English speaking and non-citizens![b] [b]That[/b] is a perfect example of how the power hungry elites in Washngton are [i]giving[/i] the country, and its security away. It just makes me sick. CMOS
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:04:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 1:05:08 PM EDT by meshuggah]
We need special mandatory gates only for Congressmen and people from the Middle East, and put all the illiterate, non-English speaking, immigrants there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:50:33 PM EDT
This kind of crap just pisses me off to no end. My dad served this country (Navy-30 years) and he damn sure didn't do it so these bastards could give this nation away to just anyone for the asking. I'm glad he didn't live to see 9/11 and the traitors in DC selling the future of this country down the drain, it would have have broken his heart. My GF escaped from behind the Iron Curtain with her mom and sister. She followed the rules, learned the language and integrated into the culture quite well. She became a citizen 2 years ago. I can damn well say she is far more a patriot and an American than these sell-outs could ever be. The whole situation disgusts me. [}:(]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 7:01:18 PM EDT by Tate]
Asinine........ HOW can anyone who's paying attention VOTE for these people?????? Tate
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:00:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:05:56 PM EDT
Being a citizen does not imply that a person is either law-abiding or "American". Speaking English is not required to search a bag.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:13:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By grimshaw: Being a citizen does not imply that a person is either law-abiding or "American". Speaking English is not required to search a bag.
View Quote
Hello! There's more to this than JUST searching a bag.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:33:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tate: Asinine........ HOW can anyone who's paying attention VOTE for these people?????? Tate
View Quote
There are about 10 million illegal aliens in the country who vote mostly for Democ[b]rat[/b]s because of RatShit like this. When you registered to vote, did you notice if the peon sitting at the table taking your information seemed to have the ability to spot a fake ID? When was the last time you were carded at the polling station?? The ballots are written in Spanish and no ID required. It's paradise for the "undocumented workers of Mexican descent".
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:37:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By grimshaw: Being a citizen does not imply that a person is either law-abiding or "American". Speaking English is not required to search a bag.
View Quote
And that post proves that being able to use a keyboard does not imply that a person has not had a full frontal lobotomy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:44:32 PM EDT
I firmly believe that if you immigrate to a country that you intend to live in (and become a citizen of) that you damn well need to learn the language. You will never integrate yourself into the culture if you don't. What made this nation unique in the world was the blending of cultures and ideas. You can only do that if you have a common language. Our country is becoming more and more fragmented because of this fundamental failing. How the hell are we supposed to face those who wish for our destruction if we can't even communicate amongst ourselves???
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:47:08 PM EDT
Grimshaw, there IS more to it than searching a bag. Would you want someone who didn't speak english having to talk with you about the contents of your bag through an interpreter? Anyone have that picture in their head yet, and imagine the trouble that could likely cause. I'm sorry...I have no problem with immigration per se...but if you are going to come to my country, at least learn the language! While in the military, I always learned it was common courtesy to learn the language of whatever country you were stationed in. The people there probably knew english anyway...but learning the language got you alot more courtesy and respect from the people. The americans who didn't do this were always the ones welcomed with less than open arms. And while Im on the rant...what is it with people who want to come to the U.S. because it's the greatest place in the world to live, but then start trying to change the customs, laws and traditions that made it great in the first place...like ummmm the 2ND AMENDMENT!! I actually had a friend in the navy who was married to a british woman, but american citizen. She actually told me one time, that if we banned guns here it would be peaceful like England. I said, oh you mean there is no violence in Englad? She said well not as much gun violence. I say, hmmm....didn't the IRA blow up a train station today? But at least nobody was shot by the IRA....today. Silence in reply...(which was a rarity around her) I spent 5 years in San Diego...and half of the airport security people there couldn't speak english..and most of the people working in clerical and support jobs who were non-military on the bases didn't speak it too well either. Nothing like calling base information and not being able to understand the info they are telling you!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:49:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Airwolf: You will never integrate yourself into the culture if you don't.
View Quote
Which is exactly the issue. Too many think it's beneath them to integrate into the culture. Thank God they're outnumbered by the ones that do, eventually.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:22:39 PM EDT
People forget that the U. S. is a "melting pot", not a mixing bowl. The concept of the melting pot is that different cultures "melt" in with others, and become part of the unique U. S. culture. That requires taking on some of the customs of the existant culture. Some immigrants don't want to melt into the culture. They don't want to learn the language. They just want to sit on their asses and get their government check and food stamps, and crank out a multitude of kids. But be sure to speak to them in THEIR language, because they don't care to learn English. Rather than spending the time to fit into the system, they want the system to change to their whims, hence the proposal that they can be airport security, and not have to speak English. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:22:11 PM EDT
I've got a simple outlook on this... It's actually quite easy to see in black and white... It's a big circle jerk ring... The minorities are rewarded for their Democratic vote with welfare and all kinds of handouts... They get handouts, they vote Democrat, they vote democrat, they get handouts, etc... The chain is a complete circle... All those that will now become citizens will vote Democrat at election time... The next election is now already bought and paid for in full... The Dems will continue this trend, further weakening the upper and middle class votes... As much as the Dems realize many of these immigrants are trouble, it won't matter as long as they vote Democrat... Crime will go up, a new anti-gun agenda will be born, and whamo, we are taking it up the ass again... More crime, more Democrats, and more gun control... "Thank you sir, may I have another ?" Really sickens me, knowing this is going on... Just another straw on the camel's back I guess... "United we stand, divided we fall" "Divided States of America" That's where we all live right now folks...
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:44:57 PM EDT
America, at least the America I grew up in, is dead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:33:57 AM EDT
Yep, their looking to gain however many thousands of new demo-miscreants to add to their roles. Now all they need to do is remove the high school edumacation requirement, and they'll have just the kind of people they need. And the non-citizens will vote too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:19:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bigshooter: America, at least the America I grew up in, is dead.
View Quote
Not dead. Seriously damaged in the cities. Comotose in Washington,DC. But revivable, still, if changes occur this year and next. However, without changes to return America to our roots, and soon, Imbroglio and Bigshooter will be correct. I wonder, who will celebrate when America that we grew up in is actually lost and gone?
Top Top