Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 5:45:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why it's best to use the DSS system. (Don't Say Shit)
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Criminals confess to crimes they actually commited, only to have the confession thrown out because the cops screw up the tangled rules the SCOTUS has legislated. Shows like 20/20, a fine objective program I'm sure, no doubt attempt to convince us that criminals confess to things they didnt do. After all, criminals are little lost sheep that need to be hugged extra hard.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Criminals confess to crimes they actually commited, only to have the confession thrown out because the cops screw up the tangled rules the SCOTUS has legislated. Shows like 20/20, a fine objective program I'm sure, no doubt attempt to convince us that criminals confess to things they didnt do. After all, criminals are little lost sheep that need to be hugged extra hard.
View Quote

It's just as likely that they were trying to show us that anybody can be a victim of overzealous cops.  Kind of like oneshooter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about the rest of you out there but long ago I decided that if I'm ever taken into the police station for ANY reason...the first words out of my mouth to any type of question...(even if it's just "what's your name?")...will be...."I WANT A FUCKIN LAWYER"...end of conversation
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know about the rest of you out there but long ago I decided that if I'm ever taken into the police station for ANY reason...the first words out of my mouth to any type of question...(even if it's just "what's your name?")...will be...."I WANT A FUCKIN LAWYER"...end of conversation
View Quote

I've only been arrested once, on a bullshit disorderly conduct charge, and asking for a lawyer wasn't the first answer I gave to any questions. If I remember correctly my first answer after being arrested was "F*ck you you fat doughnut eating faggot!".

I spent almost a whole 15 minutes in the pokey before my sister (attorney) got me out with a quick call to the judge, a family friend, at 3am in the morning.

Had the cop been a little nicer I would have been a little more polite. As it turned out, I got a tour of the city jail, I got to cuss an asshole cop for about 30 minutes with impunity and I had some breakfast with my sister and her law partner and it was all free of charge. Not a bad experience at all IMHO. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I've only been arrested once, on a bullshit disorderly conduct charge, and asking for a lawyer wasn't the first answer I gave to any questions. If I remember correctly my first answer after being arrested was "F*ck you you fat doughnut eating faggot!".

I spent almost a whole 15 minutes in the pokey before my sister (attorney) got me out with a quick call to the judge, a family friend, at 3am in the morning.

Had the cop been a little nicer I would have been a little more polite. As it turned out, I got a tour of the city jail, I got to cuss an asshole cop for about 30 minutes with impunity and I had some breakfast with my sister and her law partner and it was all free of charge. Not a bad experience at all IMHO. [:)]
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Always stand on your rights and refuse to speak without an attorney present. Nothing you can say without an attorney present can help you, only hurt. Just ask oneshot1kill what he would do the next time the police want to ask him a few questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top