Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 6:10:26 AM EDT
This link is worth a click:
[url]http://www.gertzfile.com/InsidetheRing.html[/url]

From a US officer's report on the recent fighting in Afghanistan:
"Anyway, as I am sure you do not, don't listen to the doomsayers in the press. It seems they would like nothing better than for us to suffer a resounding defeat, but it just ain't gonna happen. Our guys are good and have more guts."

And news of a super-duper bunker buster:
"The bombs are so big that it will take a B-2 bomber to carry one of them, we are told."  (Doom on you, Osama! [:D] )

And last, but not least, the words of the captain of the USS [i]Kennedy[/i] to his crew as they prepared for action over Afghanistan:

"Make no mistake — this is a fight for Western civilization. If these monsters are not destroyed, they will destroy us, and our children and children's children will live in fear forever. America is the only nation that can stop them and destroy them. Only America has the strength of character and the vast resources to hunt these fanatics down anywhere in the world.

"We have friends and allies, but we are the leaders of the world our forefathers made and died for. Our Naval power has been the principal weapon of our resolve. Great ships and great crews have gone before us — Enterprise, Carl Vinson, Kitty Hawk, Teddy Roosevelt, John Stennis. Tonight, our enemies will feel the power of USS John F. Kennedy. It is now our turn to strike for justice and we will strike hard."

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
captain of the USS [i]Kennedy[/i] to his crew as they prepared for action over Afghanistan:
"Make no mistake — this is a fight for Western civilization. If these monsters are not destroyed, they will destroy us, and our children and children's children will live in fear forever. America is the only nation that can stop them and destroy them. Only America has the strength of character and the vast resources to hunt these fanatics down anywhere in the world.

"We have friends and allies, but we are the leaders of the world our forefathers made and died for.
View Quote

this stuff usually doesnt affect me like this, but i just sort of got choked up when i read that. that was beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought it sounded like something that a certain Hun would say to Israeli bulldozer crews. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#3]
And the Hun would be right!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top