Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 9:10:28 AM EDT
Anyone know of a store that gets a lot of Pre-Ban ARsin Ohio?  The Pre-Ban market in Ohio really sucks as far as I can tell, and I'm having the hardest time tracking down Pre-Ban bushmaster...
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Where in Ohio are you?

Gun World (614 876-1657) in Hilliard always seems to have an older AR or two around.  I don't care much for the store but it would be the first place (other than a gun show) that I'd look for a pre-ban locally.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Northeast Ohio--Cleveland/Akron area.  I'm just a little frustrated with gun shows.  Last one, I didn't see a single pre-ban Bushy.

Gun World?  I'll have to check that out.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Surf the web!....Go to [url]gunsamerica.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, I was hoping to do a face-to-face transfer.  My local gunshop is a pain in the rear to do FFL transfers through, and I'm a little leary of buying online...
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Where in Ohio are you?  Two of my friends each bought pre-bans at the Coon Dog trials last year in Kenton, Ohio.  Reasonably priced, from private individuals...
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#6]
If you make it down to Columbus sometime, go to Aumiller Gun Shop in downtown Westerville (NE suburb).  They also have some Class 3 weapons in there.  
Gun World is in downtown Hilliard (W suburb).  His selection has thinned out over the past several years, lack of business probably.

There are some other shops around town, just check out the yellow pages when you get down here.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
a3kid,

I'm in the Akron-Cleveland area, but I get around.  :)  In fact, I drove through Kenton the other day actually.

Chokey,

Aumiller Gun Shop?  I'll have to call down there and see what he has.  Sounds cool.  I get down to Columbus occasionally, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks all.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to the gunshows. You can always find them there from private owners.

Here are some links of show dates

[url]www.gunshow.net/dates-old.htm[/url]

[url]www.peoplesrights.org/page7.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in North Canton, good luck. I have yet to find a black rifle friendly store around here, and the only store near me is a huge sporting goods store that makes transfers a pain in the a$$.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in North Canton, good luck. I have yet to find a black rifle friendly store around here, and the only store near me is a huge sporting goods store that makes transfers a pain in the a$$.
View Quote

Support your local gun show....[;)]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Veper II .223 through gunsamerica.com. It was through a dealer. No problem. Would use that site again, many choices, good pricing. What about the equipment exchange here??
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I live in Canton and know what you guys mean.  

Here's two sites I use to keep any eye out for local shows:

[url]http://www.ohiogunshows.com[/url]
[url]http://www.co.medina.oh.us/comctr/events.htm[/url]

If you haven't been to Knob Creek KY, it's a blast, plus they have a huge gun show down there.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that Fin, Feather and Fur?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]
One reason it's hard to find evil rifles in the big cities of Ohio is because they all have their own laws about firearms.  "Legally" in Cleveland you need to register your handgun and maybe a $10 fee and no assault rifles, which really sucks donkey dick.  That's why I plan to move asap to another state.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm in the Canton area. I have a buddy who's looking to part with a pre ban Colt shorty and extras for a reasonable price. Email me and I can hook you up. It's a really nice SP1.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I live in Canton south.  Nothing down here either.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Fin, Feather and Fur is over in Ashland. I'm guessing he's refering to Kames.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Fin, Feather and Fur is over in Ashland. I'm guessing he's refering to Kames.
View Quote

I know, but FFF [b]is[/b] pretty darn huge. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks again for all the suggestions.  I haven't been to Fin, Feather, and Fur, but I've bought some stuff from Kames.  They're a hit or miss kind of place, and I haven't been extremely excited with some of the treatment I've gotten there.  I've seen Best Firearm's tables at the gunshows.  I've never been to their store, though.  They seem pretty good.  I may try to hit the Medina Gun Show this weekend and see if I can track something down.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Ohio Gun Collectors Association, right?  How do I get in contact with them?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I haven't had any luck at any shows around here picking prebans. I rather have private sales myself. Hopfully I'll find one soon. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Maynard,

Thanks for the info.

--GT
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Well i'm in Akron right now. There's a place called BBC weapons (I think thats the name) in Hiram Ohio. They sell a huge number of Ar-15s. They usually have a few tables at most gun shows with nothing but AR's. They have a few pre-bans, and are very nice. I bought a stripped lower from them. Hiram is about 30-40 miles east of akron and close to where I live. If you check shotgun news or some of the other FFL locators it should have their phone #. If you wan't I can look it up in the book when I get home.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No actaully it's a called Kaim's.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#28]
greg pohl of best firearms is a good place to start looking.

i expect to see all you ohio shooters at bulletfest III, this july 29 at the mapleton range, outside of east canton, ohio!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll definetly be there, see you then Campy
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd see you there, too, but I'm going to be out of the country for July.  Is it a good time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top