Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 4:41:23 AM EDT
You know, this really chaps my hide. Saw a story on the news last night about some folks whining about hunting going on near their homes.  These are new homes, in those obnoxious fucking little "cookie-cutter" suburbs that tend to pop up anywhere and everywhere.  Guess what?  That wilderness and the hunters were there first.  Stop complaining, YOU MOVED into their environment.  Now, of course the hunters need to be cogent of the fact that homes/kids are nearby and place shots accordingly, but these people need to shut up.  It's like Kalifornians moving somewhere and bringing their politics with them.  It's the country.  People shoot and hunt there.  Get over it or move.  When we move again, we intend to get a place in the country.  Somewhere I can stand on my back deck in my britches and shoot at squirrels.  And my "neighbors" had better not bitch about it.  Rant off.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Its not just hunters or shooting they complain about. The same kind of people buys newly built houses next to the airport or the racetrack and then starts complaining about the noise.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, the airport trolls are at it here big time.  Run down, low rent houses near our airport but the "residents" are making so much noise that there's buzz about buying them out to shut 'em up.  Boy, why didn't I think of that?  I should just buy a home near a known, easily identifiable distraction, stay there a few years, then start cryin' to my Aunt Jemima that it's unbearable and it's the gub-ment's responsibility to solve my problem.  Jeesh.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:14:17 AM EDT
[#3]
As Kar98 has also brought up - the whole airport complaints. Short time ago on the local news this lady was complaining that the noise from the Albany Airport was too loud! Showed picture of her backyard - go out the back door, around the childrens swingset and practically walk onto the tarmac. NOOOOOO SH#T, ya thinks its loud sweetheart. Note to self honey, dont buy a house at 3am and where the realtor tells you those are Christmas lights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Kar98 is 100% correct.  Palm Beach Int'l Airport was originally built n the '40s.  Apartments/homes went up in the area in the '70s and '80s.  Guess what?  The renters/owners started complaining about the noise.  Epitomy of stupid.  Same goes for the local pistol/rifle range here (used to be here) in Tampa.  Been there for many years.  Subdivision built BEHIND it.  Residents complained about noise/bullet holes in roofs (done by kids not even on the range).  End result:  no more range.  So sad...
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You know ph119 I agree with you totally.  I work in Talladega county and I see many tracts of land that were farms when I was a little boy now populated by city people wanting "country living" with "city convenience".  What they want isn't "country living".
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:32:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Arizona has been a functioning military airfield since 1922. It is now a joint-use airfield with Yuma International Airport, but AV-8B Harrier IIs are the loudest planes that take off or land there.

Regardless of the fact that these stupid people moved in near an airfield that's been in operation since just after the Wright Brothers took off from Kitty Hawk, they still call the base and bitch about the noise.

That's the sound of freedom, baby.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Another thing that ticks me off- People moving from the city and build next to a farm. (Pick the type of farm) and bitch about the smell,
the noise etc.. And my neighbor who says Pigs aren't "Country smells!" WTF! I guess pigs are supposed to live in the city?
/Rant off/
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#8]
You know, city people who move to the country are such worthless ass holes.  They have no idea about how to be a good neighbor.  They respect no one else - "so why can't I ride my motorcycle on your land while cutting firewood there?" - just useless pieces of shit.  They've fucked up their cities, so now they want to move out to the country and fuck it up too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me of a court case my buddy was involved in. His land-lord brought him to court because he felt my buddy was making too much noise discharging firearms and riding his atv.

The judge says, "Let me get this clear, you want me to set a precedent that discharging firearms in rural Maine should be considered a nuisance? IN MAINE??? Nope, it ain't going to happen. Leave your rentor alone or I'll be seeing you in here for harassment."

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
You know, city people who move to the country are such worthless ass holes.
View Quote

Hey!  I'm city (well, suburb) folk, and I'm about to move to the country, and I'm only an asshole to the people I don't like. [;D]

It ain't all of us.  I'm moving further into the country because I don't like how big my not-so-small town is getting.  Besides, I want somewhere I can shoot 200 yards. [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Admiral - Just remember that there are a whole lot of unwritten rules to living in the country.  Such as now that you're moving into the country, doesn't necessarily give you the right to do all of those things that you can't do in the city.  You DO NOT have the right to shoot 200 yrds unless you're COMPLETELY on your own property - that goes for where the bullet is landing as well.  You DO NOT have the right to tresspass on anybody's property.  DO NOT let your damn dog tresspass on other people's property; and you sure as hell won't let your damn dog run deer.  You DO NOT have the right to drive your damn motorcycle or ATV on ANYONE'S property; that goes for your damn snowmobile too - just cause it's snowing DOES NOT give you the right to go any friggin place you want.  You DO NOT have the right to hunt anywhere but ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY.  And if you  do "get permission" from my neighbor to hunt his land you'll DAMN WELL KNOW EXACTLY WHERE HIS PROPERTY BOUNDARIES ARE - none of this crap "I thought this was HIS land".  YOU DO have the right to chase wounded deer which you shot ON YOUR PROPERTY into my property, but it had better be a once-every-ten-year occurrance; I don't want to find you every friggin hunting season on my property with the shitty lame excuse "I'm chasing a wounded deer".  You HAVE NO RIGHT to cut firewood anywhere but ON YOUR LAND. Just because a tree is dead DOES NOT give you the right to cut it up - even if it's down.  And for friggin sake, keep your god damn kids OFF MY PROPERTY.  I don't give a rats ass that "they're just kids".  They have NO RIGHT to tresspass/wander/vandalize or do whatever on anywhere but your property.  If there's "nothing for them to do - no kids for them to play with" - then why in hell did you move to the country in the first place????
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Sitting Bull,

Are you possibly having problems with the people who live near you?

I don't know what gave me that idea....just a guess.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess you should expect some noise from the rifle range when you build a house on RIFLE CLUB Rd. !!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
medcop - aren't you the one who's always asking all those questions about guns, especially fifties, which shows that you know little or nothing about guns?  You're the one who's working on drafting anti-gun legislation for Dianne Feinstein's office, if I do recall.  You're always so concerned with questions such as "magazine capacity" and "penetration" of bullets.  Why don't you just go back to your liberal hide-away heaven and make love to your Bill Clinton inflatable doll.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Admiral - Just remember that there are a whole lot of unwritten rules to living in the country.  Such as now that you're moving into the country, doesn't necessarily give you the right to do all of those things that you can't do in the city.  You DO NOT have the right to shoot 200 yrds unless you're COMPLETELY on your own property - that goes for where the bullet is landing as well.  You DO NOT have the right to tresspass on anybody's property.  DO NOT let your damn dog tresspass on other people's property; and you sure as hell won't let your damn dog run deer.  You DO NOT have the right to drive your damn motorcycle or ATV on ANYONE'S property; that goes for your damn snowmobile too - just cause it's snowing DOES NOT give you the right to go any friggin place you want.  You DO NOT have the right to hunt anywhere but ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY.  And if you  do "get permission" from my neighbor to hunt his land you'll DAMN WELL KNOW EXACTLY WHERE HIS PROPERTY BOUNDARIES ARE - none of this crap "I thought this was HIS land".  YOU DO have the right to chase wounded deer which you shot ON YOUR PROPERTY into my property, but it had better be a once-every-ten-year occurrance; I don't want to find you every friggin hunting season on my property with the shitty lame excuse "I'm chasing a wounded deer".  You HAVE NO RIGHT to cut firewood anywhere but ON YOUR LAND. Just because a tree is dead DOES NOT give you the right to cut it up - even if it's down.  And for friggin sake, keep your god damn kids OFF MY PROPERTY.  I don't give a rats ass that "they're just kids".  They have NO RIGHT to tresspass/wander/vandalize or do whatever on anywhere but your property.  If there's "nothing for them to do - no kids for them to play with" - then why in hell did you move to the country in the first place????
View Quote

But you're not bitter or anything...
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn!
After reading Sitting Bull's post I feel right at home here!  LOL
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I absolutely agree with Robert from Maine.  I live in both worlds and have experienced it first-hand. We've got a place in rural Maine, and growing up, we would go out and shoot, fish or whatever.  We just needed to make sure we had permission and the neighbors knew what we were up to so they didn't accidentally walk up on the "range" when the line was hot. And no shooting the logging trucks, there's no open season on them.  But down here in South FL, it's a whole different world.  Were full to the brim with cookie cutter "neighborhoods." There is truly no space for anyone to do anything without ruffling someone else's feathers.  Even when I take my boat out in the ocean, there's always someone pulling up on our dolphin schools tangling lines and almost running into us.  This happens on almost every trip, even waaay offshore.  I usually call on the radio and ask permission or find my own school as I derive a bit of a living from chartering now and then.  And forget about shooting.  I'm lucky and know someone with their own range on private land and formed a club to help the rest of my buddies out with a place to shoot. A little common sense and common decency goes a loooong way.  All I have to say to most of the folks is "what did you expect would happen??"

SNF   [stick]

All that and I forgot to spell check...doh!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#19]
At least everyone knows how I feel about this issue.  The destruction of the countryside by city people has been, and is now, a terrible thing.  You really don't know how bad it is until you've experienced it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I hear you Sitting Bull.  I moved out of a small town into rural Pennsylvania with my wife and two boys six years ago.  At the time it was perfect.  A nice little fixer upper with a neighbor on one side who is like family to me.  We would sit on the back deck with our .22s or handguns, nail squirrels and crows, the whole bit.  Then I had not one but two state cops build houses like 500 or 600 yds down the road.  I know nothing about the one guy, but the other has a serious reputation as an asshole.  You know antigun (except for cops and the military), gives tickets regularly on my road for going like 3 miles an hour over the speed limit, etc.

Right now I'm trying to buy more property to expand my lot.  If I do, I'm putting in enough hemlock and locust trees that five years from now you won't even be able to see my house.

I also have a POS dog that keeps coming in my yard from some guys place 3 doors down.  Last year it started growling at my boys one day.  I told my wife that the next time that f**king dog comes in the yard I'll greet it with a bullet.

Yeah, some people are all too willing to ruin country life for everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#21]
medcop - aren't you the one who's always asking all those questions about guns, especially fifties, which shows that you know little or nothing about guns?  You're the one who's working on drafting anti-gun legislation for Dianne Feinstein's office, if I do recall.  You're always so concerned with questions such as "magazine capacity" and "penetration" of bullets.  Why don't you just go back to your liberal hide-away heaven and make love to your Bill Clinton inflatable doll.
View Quote

Sitting Bull...

Man..what is up your ass!?  I post what I thought was a good nature joke.  You get all bent out of shape..what gives?

Why did you jump on my ass...or did you miss Jewbroni's post...basically posting the same type of comment....or do you have something against me...how could you..you don't even know me!

I have had two posts about 50 cals..one asking what the 50cal used in the movie Navy Seals,and one asking what a good entry level 50 is.

Where do you get off accusing me of [b]working on drafting anti-gun legislation for Dianne Feinstein's office"[/b]  You gave me shit in these two topics that I posted about 50cals.
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=88670[/url]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=89144[/url]

So, when does asking a question about a 50cal mean I know nothing about firearms?  I admit I didn't know much about diff. 50's.....duh shit..why would I ask...to learn..you think?  Did you ever think for one second how stupid you sound.  

Also, what do you mean by always being concerned about mag capacity?  Shit, I can see approximately 20 LOADED .223 30 round AR mags from my computer chair.  However, I can only see one LEO 32 round Colt 9mm mag from my chair, and it is sitting by my LEO Colt 9mm!

Penetration?....what the hell are you talking about?  What have I posted about penetration?  If you wonder I carry Federal Hydrashock in my .45, FMJ in my .32, For practice I use Federal 55gr FMJ in my AR and for duty use I carry Winchester 53gr hollow point.  Oh..for my 9mm AR I use Winchester 115gr sivler tip hp.  I have a wide selection of buck shot, slugs, and bird shot for my various shotguns.  My 22's burn up whatever is on sale.  I think I have my penetration down to what I want it at.  OH...for my 50cal black powder I use Buffalo bullets when I am hunting...OH, OH....and when my MAC 11 9mm(mg) Form 4 gets back so I can pick it up I will shoot whatever is on sale in it!

Several people on this board know me.  Several more have purchased items from me.."gasp" to include firearms and high cap mags!

I love your comment [b]"aren't you the one who's always asking all those questions about guns"[/b]  OMG...this is a firearms discussion board...do you think that maybe people come to a discussion board that is about firearms to ask questions about firearms...OMG..could that be possible or did you JUST FORGET TO THINK ABOUT THAT ONE?

OH..check my posts for the last 9 months.  I don't ask that many questions about firearms.
What are you trying to prove?  How stupid you are?  

Sitting Bull you need to think before you make accusations about someone you don't even know.

medcop

edited to add:  I live in the country...I can step out on my back step and shoot all day long if I want.  My family owns a farm...I grew up on a farm....I know what you mean about people hunting on your land and such.  I was not disagreeing with you.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#22]
medcop, - my, my, my.  We are SO upset.  Looks like I really struck a nerve.  Must be truth to my statements.  You're up awfully early for Kalifornia time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#23]
medcop, - my, my, my.  We are SO upset.  Looks like I really struck a nerve.  Must be truth to my statements.  You're up awfully early for Kalifornia time.
View Quote

Sitting Bull...why are you being such a f-ing jerk?  

Why do you make accusations you can't even back about someone you don't know.

Oh..up early...I have not been to bed yet.  I have worked all night...I have Three people sitting in jail from last night for Narcotics Violations.  I have been doing reports since 5am MISSOURI time!

I like to come to the boards and relax after a long nights work.  However, with jerks like you around that is hard to do.

Just what is your problem with me?

medcop
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Get this one. Englishtown race way park built some 50 years ago had nothing but trees on it's road going into it. 1983 homes where built people complained and then sued to close the track. The owner put up a 1.5 million dollars sound wall still they bitched. It went to court and the judge found out that the realtors where only showing the homes in the winter! When the track was closed!! Well the judge told them that they had a problem with the realtors for not telling them about the track. He through it out and the track still has the summer nationals ever year and jet cars! About time the people with brains win one! [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like if the forum rules can't be followed, somebody's going to get nuked[stick]...and that would just plain suck [b]SO CHILL OUT, AND ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE![/b]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I just want to apologize to all board members for the language I used on my reply to Sitting Bull.

I got mad at his comments about me/toward me and should not have cursed.  I just can't stand people saying lies about me or insulting me.

medcop
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just want to apologize to all board members for the language I used on my reply to Sitting Bull.

I got mad at his comments about me/toward me and should not have cursed.  I just can't stand people saying lies about me or insulting me.

medcop
View Quote

Man you were GENTLE!!

If anyone said things like that about me....I WOULD HAVE GONE WAY OVERBOARD!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Paul - Will do.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

medcop
View Quote

Man you were GENTLE!!

If anyone said things like that about me....I WOULD HAVE GONE WAY OVERBOARD!!
View Quote

Hehehe....I still feel like I should not have cursed as young people do tend to read the forums.  

However, I am still very upset as I got personally attacked and had lies made up about me.  Oh well....water under the bridge.

I can be a big enough man and forgive Sitting Bull for his lies and accusation, however I will never forget.  

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top