BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I took the test and it said I was a libertarian, but I [b]strongly[/b] disagree with them on their stance on imigration,
View Quote

Having libertarian views and agreeing with the Libertarian Party on its platform are two separate things.  Not everyone ends up in one of the corners of the political map.

Quoted:
but I must confess that in the 04' elections, the first time I can vote, I will vote republican because I don't think that in the near term there will be any hope for a libetarian canidate.
View Quote

I hope you don't feel that voting is like a horse race.  You don't win anything if you "pick the winner".  In fact, if you vote for something you don't really believe in, what have you won?

Voting for a third party is not a "wasted" vote.  It is like buying your greeting cards from someone else when Hallmark funds the defeat of CCW in Missouri.  It sends a message, however small.  The more people that do it, the bigger the message.  Voting on principle is the principled thing to do.  It can also influence the platform of other political parties.  Do you remember how Clinton tried to become a republican?

Quoted:
A vote for a 3rd or 4th party is a vote for a democrate.
View Quote

The Libertarian Party attracts voters from all over the political landscape, including repentant democrats.  Some Libertarian votes are stolen from the left.

In the 2000 election, GWB was a shoe-in in Texas.  My vote for the Libertarian candidate did not cost him our electoral vote.

But regardless of how you decide to vote, it's good to at least identify your political beliefs and know where you stand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What I'd like to know is who's the authoritarian?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with everything said below...
(Part 1)

I’m a Bad American - this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, and not some mid-level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies. I don’t care about appearing compassionate.

I think playing with toy guns doesn’t make you a killer. I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might. I think I’m doing better than the homeless.  I don’t think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others’ expectations.
I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it. I don’t celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that’s fine; I just don’t feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn’t have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you’re running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can’t understand the word ‘freeze’ or ‘stop’ in English, see the previous line. I don’t use the excuse “it’s for the children” as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions. I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn’t based on the word “is”-ever. I don’t think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing else, while the indigenous peoples can’t get past a high school education because they can’t afford it.

I didn’t take the initiative in inventing the Internet. I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny. I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn’t mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else’s car when I’m stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn’t give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box. I don’t want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package. Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it’s a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said - now leave the document alone, or there’s going to be trouble.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
(part 2)
I don’t hate the rich. I help the poor. I know wrestling is fake. I’ve never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren’t wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too - it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell’s Angel with an attitude. I want to know exactly which church is it where the “Reverend” Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function. I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that’s better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don’t believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You’re telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being than I do as a white male. If someone kills anyone, I’d say that it’s a hate crime. We don’t need more laws! Let’s enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks. I believe that it doesn’t take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say “NO!” when it’s necessary to do so. I’ll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn’t realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid. I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody’s feelings. I’m neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people’s definition, I may be a bad American. But that’s tough.

[b]Ted Nugent [/b]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If you look at the chart/pic they showed, I would be right on the corner/intersection of Libertarian, Centrist, & Left Liberal.

But I think that they didn't ask enough questions...... should have been more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]

MADDOG50 Wrote:
Leftists tolerate social diversity, but work for economic equality
View Quote

ECONOMIC EQUALITY

SOCIAL DIVERSITY
I don't even know what the hell social diversity is?? Tolerance???  Hmmm they do more then TOLERATE IT THOSE SOB USE IT TO JUSTIFY #1.

Ben

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Morally against abortion, but am pro-choice, in my opionion the goverment has no right to make those kinds of moral judgements.

View Quote

You have it backwards there sport. In North Dakota THE PEOPLE of the state voted and said that they were not going to allow partial birth abortion of unborn children in the last weeks of pregnancy. The GOVERNMENT in it's ever continuing ambition to usurp states rights and consolidate federal power overuled THE PEOPLE.

From "How Tyranny Came to America"
(you should read it)

"Take abortion. Set aside your own views and feelings about it. Is it really possible that, as the Supreme Court in effect said, all the abortion laws of all 50 states — no matter how restrictive, no matter how permissive — had always been unconstitutional? Not only that, but no previous Court, no justice on any Court in all our history — not Marshall, not Story, not Taney, not Holmes, not Hughes, not Frankfurter, not even Warren — had ever been recorded as doubting the constitutionality of those laws. Everyone had always taken it for granted that the states had every right to enact them.

Are we supposed to believe, in all seriousness, that the Court’s ruling in Roe v. Wade was a response to the text of the Constitution, the discernment of a meaning that had eluded all its predecessors, rather than an enactment of the current liberal agenda? Come now."

[url]http://www.ustaxpayers.org/how_tyranny_came.htm[/url]

From Alan Keyes,
"We are a people that believe in basic rights. We believe in self government by consent. That didn't just happen. It happened on the basis of certain principles. And those principles state very clearly that the basis of human rights is not human will or choice but God's will, the Creator's will.
That means that if we reject that principle we are destroying the essence of our whole way of life. And that is what is involved in abortion when we assert that a human choice, the choice of the mother, determines the childs right to life. That cannot be true in light of our American principles."

or as C.S. Lewis put it,
"The very idea of freedom presupposes some objective moral law which overarches rulers and ruled alike. Subjectivism about values is eternally incompatible with democracy."

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ECONOMIC EQUALITY

More like: "where he will have to turn over his loot and have it divided between himself, whiner3934, and the 'economic equality' bureau."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top