Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 8:50:42 AM EDT
For those of you that visited the Gunandknife forums there is now an announcement that it is permanently shut down.

Apparently the owner got tired of dealing with the attitude that many forum posters seem to have.

Those of you who feel that you are the ultimate authority and anyone who disagrees is a fool or feel that the anonymity that is provided by the internet gives you the right to say things that you would never say in person..keep something in mind.  Keep it up and you may find that there is nowhere that you can go where people can freely speak their minds on firearms, 2nd amendment, tactics etc.

take a little personal responsibility to act like a decent human being and there shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry for the rant but I'm pissed and saddened by this.

For those who want to read the announcement here's the link [url]www.gunandknife.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well said, curt.
View Quote

ditto...
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well said, curt.
View Quote

ditto...
View Quote

Moi aussi. I'll miss the Lee-Enfield Forum the most- some nice people there, some of whom I correspond with from time to time. A great way to get to know some great people.

I can see why he shut it down though. The
slanging on some of the other fora at Gun and Knife were unbelievable sometimes. Some people just have to become (or show that they are) jerks when they get behind a keyboard. Sad, but true.

Such is the nature of men, that howsoever they may acknowledge many others
to be more witty, or more eloquent, or more learned, yet they will hardly
believe there be man so wise as themselves.
- --THOMAS HOBBES
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Good thing we don't have any of "those" type of posters here...!

(wink,wink,wink)
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Curt, do you have the site owners email address... I may be able to offer up some help or at least give his users somewhere to turn to. (I would much rather see him and his site back and running with a smile on his face, then dead and gone!)

Please email it to me and I will see what I can do to help!
View Quote

GB, unfortunately i don't have an email address.  I tried [email protected] and my email bounced.

You might try this though, i found it under his domain registration: Bitting, Mark  (MB6251)  [email protected].

You're a good man GB.

curt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top