User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I wonder if some people round here can put together a cogent thought WITHOUT the filler expletives shit, hell, damn, f*ck, and ass/asshole.

View Quote

g.man, you talking about e.t. hun?
View Quote

Nah.

Fer the most part, he uses logic, and NOT expletives, to make his case.

I don't always agree with his logic, but at least his logic doesn't get lost in a potty mouth.

More than anything, its a general observation I was (am) making. Beyond that, see who I was quoting in that particular post.
View Quote

I knew you were not speaking of the Hun but was trolling for a response from him.

I admire Eric's preparation and have told him so.  What's difficult for me is to always remember E.T. is arguing from a foundation based on 'Church' while I'm arguing from a position of 'State'.  Or more accurately a position I want the the State to take.

Got to give Paolo credit for one thing.  He had Sharon's number long before I did.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got to give Paolo credit for one thing.  He had Sharon's number long before I did.
View Quote

Paolo's got an insiders perspective to Israel, which is a two edged sword (IMO)

1. He is privy to alot of info the rest of us don't have.

2. As anyone who is privy to such info, it biases his perspective, as it would mine, or anyone elses.

Here's a nice rule of thumb for the Middle East - just like politicians and political power brokers here in the USA, 98% of politicians and power brokers in Israel AND Palestine are dirty, to differing degrees.

Oh, all three countries / groups have their Ron Paul's, but the VAST majority have made deals with the devil.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I admire Eric's preparation and have told him so.  
View Quote

As do I. He is DEFINITELY more knowledgeable than the average guy on MOST subjects, but this one he like super-knowledgeable on. Like scary-knowledgeable. More than he should be. [}:D]

What's difficult for me is to always remember E.T. is arguing from a foundation based on 'Church' while I'm arguing from a position of 'State'.  .
View Quote

ETH may be coming from a "church" perspective, but it is my contention that he is NOT coming from a "scriptural" perspective.

COUNTLESS times I have attempted to engage him in a Scriptural discussion re: Israel being God's chosen people due to their heredity, genetics, family tree, ancestry, whatever, but he has thus far refused to do so. As have many others who claim that national Israel are God's chosen people.

I can prove from Scripture that today, national Israel curries little more favor with Yahweh / Jehovah /God than any other Gentile nation does. Mostly because they are presently BEHAVING like the other Gentile nations.

But they won't debate me. Kinda makes me feel like I used to when my momma would have to tie a steak around my neck to get my puppy to play with me.  [BD]

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
G. Man, anyone

Was I the only one in the dark regarding the fact that Israel does 'NOT' recognize the Geneva Conventions with regards to the Palestinians ??
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can prove from Scripture that today, national Israel curries little more favor with Yahweh / Jehovah /God than any other Gentile nation does. Mostly because they are presently BEHAVING like the other Gentile nations.

[BD]
------------------------------------------------

Israel is a primarily Jewish country but not a very religious country.
This fact often escapes most of us Americans.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
G. Man, anyone

Was I the only one in the dark regarding the fact that Israel does 'NOT' recognize the Geneva Conventions with regards to the Palestinians ??
View Quote

You mean the Arab prison camp "write numbers on the forehead" thing???

I'm not surprised.

They're in a struggle for survival. And as often happens in those cases, people "bend" the rules to suit themselves.

Contrary to public opinion, the Israelis are NOT lily white in all this. And that has NOTHING to do with their nationality - it has to do with the fact that they are human, and capable of evil just like any other human. Me included, should I be pushed hard enuf. WHICH IS NO EXCUSE.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
G. Man, anyone

View Quote

You mean the Arab prison camp "write numbers on the forehead" thing???

View Quote

NO !!  I mean in general the Israeli's do no recognized the Geneva Conventions with their treatment of the Palestinians - PERIOD.  Not simply in the numbering scheme.

The Israeli position regarding the Territories is roughly "...the lands are disputed and not occupied therefore the Geneva Conventions do not apply."
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NO !!  I mean in general the Israeli's do no recognized the Geneva Conventions with their treatment of the Palestinians - PERIOD.  Not simply in the numbering scheme.

The Israeli position regarding the Territories is roughly "...the lands are disputed and not occupied therefore the Geneva Conventions do not apply."
View Quote

Oh. THAT.

How does that line  go????

"Badges??? We don't need no steeenkin' badges!!!"

Again, no surprise to me.

They'll observe the GC if it suits them, and they won't if it don't.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, gentlemen, but I was away at Court in Plano, this afternoon. I'm back now, but just for a few minutes.

Where to begin, oh yes:

Post from garandman -
ETH may be coming from a "church" perspective, but it is my contention that he is NOT
coming from a "scriptural" perspective.
View Quote

I only know of one 'Church' and that is the one into which I was baptized - the body of Christ. There is only one perspective for the Body of Christ and that is His perspective.

Any other dogma, doctrine, theories, gospels, etc., though they come from angels, I simply do not and cannot accept.

So there is no need, [b]garandman[/b], for us to argue about scriptural interpretation of the
'displacement' or 'replacement' theory of the Jews, the Israelis, the Church, the Christians,
whatever. It's all been argued over for almost 2,000 years and yet, there has been no resolution in some people's minds.

I think there is a very simple explanation for God's promises to the Jews that have not been
accomplished as yet. They will be accomplished in the future. As a matter of fact, I believe they are being accomplished even today!

Now there are some promises that were made to the Jews concerning another Lawgiver, greater
than Moses, etc., and that particular promise is being fulfilled by the Body of Christ, even today.

You, on the other hand, believe that the Church, or Christianity, has succeeded to those very same promises, and has 'replaced' the Jews, or 'displaced' the Jews, from being the recipients of those promises. The promises of God to the Jews are even now being enjoyed by His Church.

Is that a fair statement of our disagreement?

Then why go on and on about it? I don't need any DNA arguments (as if DNA or science could be used to carry any argument between us). I don't need any scriptural arguments, Brother, for I've been as thoroughly brought up in the Church as you have, so save your breath for the heathen!
COUNTLESS times I have attempted to engage him in a Scriptural discussion re: Israel being God's chosen people due to their heredity, genetics, family tree, ancestry, whatever, but he has thus far refused to do so. As have many others who claim that national Israel are God's chosen people.
View Quote

[red][b]'Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: [u]for salvation is of the
Jews[/u].'[/b][/red] - Jesus, John Chapter 4:22.

But let us not get into an argument now, concerning this. It will go nowhere, fast, of this I am supremely confidant.
I can prove from Scripture that today, national Israel curries little more favor with
Yahweh / Jehovah /God than any other Gentile nation does. Mostly because they are presently
BEHAVING like the other Gentile nations.
View Quote

On some more convenient day, we shall discuss this, I'm certain. But not today.

As I told [b]5subslr5[/b], what seems like ages ago, I know that he does not buy any religious argument to support Israel, but there are very good political reasons for us to support Israel.

But this one thing is certain, that whether we support Israel now or not, it will be supported, and if not by the United States, than maybe by some other [b]Superpower[/b].

Eric The(WiseBeyondHisEars)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

... there is no need, [b]garandman[/b], for us to argue about scriptural interpretation of the 'displacement' or 'replacement' theory of the Jews, the Israelis, the Church, the Christians, whatever. It's all been argued over for almost 2,000 years and yet, there has been no resolution.
View Quote

I have no desire to argue those theories, either, because I disagree with them.

You, on the other hand, believe that the Church, or Christianity has succeeded to those very same promises, and has 'replaced' the Jews, or 'displaced' the Jews, from being the recipients of those promises. The promises of God to the Jews are even now being enjoyed by His Church.
View Quote

It is rather presumptuous of you to assume I beleive this or that, when we have never had any discussions that ential what I beleive.

Is that a fair statement of our disagreement?
View Quote

No, it is not. You couldn't be "wronger" than you are.

My contention is that the Scriptural position is that God's plan has remained unchanged, unaltered, unamended and unrevised since from before time began. And no alterations or revisions will occur in the future. "A double minded (God) is unstable in all His ways."

Now, I'd love to discuss what I actually DO believe, or you can go on putting words in my mouth, and we'll call it even.  [}:D] [pyro]

Then why go on and on about it? I don't need any DNA arguments (as if DNA or science could be used to carry any argument between us). I don't need any scriptural arguments, Brother, for I've been as thoroughly brought up in the Church as you have, so save your breath for the heathen!
View Quote

[b][red]'Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: [u]for salvation is of the Jews[/u].'[/red][/b] - Jesus, John Chapter 4:22.

But let us not get into an argument now, concerning this. It will go nowhere, fast, of this I am supremely confidant.
View Quote

On some convenient day, we shall discuss this, I'm certain. But not today.

As I told 5subslr5, what seems like ages ago, I know that he does not buy any religious argument to support Israel, but there are very good political reasons for us to support Israel.

But this one thing is certain, that whether we support Israel now or not, it [u]will[/u] be supported, and if not by the United States, than maybe by some [u]other[/u] [b]Superpower[/b].

Heh heh heh. [0:)]

Eric The(WiseBeyondHisEars)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Strange as this sounds I think it is a great idea to give the Pals a state of their own.  Cut off a piece of Saudi Arabia or one of those other countries and give it to them.  No more refugees.  A homeland, and nothing to complain about anymore.  

Then when they continue their attacks against shoppers, diners, and school busses in Israel, the Israelis will know who and where to seek them out for a proper full scale war.
View Quote

Shotar,
the homeland will come from a piece of where they now are.

With a country of their own then the Palestinians must make it work.

Should attacks by either the Palestinians continue after that, the world know precisely who is to blame.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top