Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 12:24:55 PM EDT
[url]http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1994-08.html [/url]

never ever ever point it at somthin you don't want to shoot. he did... oops.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  That is a story that is both priceless, and inspiring.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
One less low life.[x]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent story.  If we leave them to their own devices, the problem will eventually take care of itself (but who wants to wait that long?). [50]

Heard a similar story where the crook was using a revolver.  Pulled the trigger once, nothing happened.  Looked down the barrel and pulled the trigger again.  This time it worked. [grenade]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Priceless, absolutely pricesless.  Kinda makes me think though, my grandad recently gave me a Baby Browning .25 and a High Standard H-D Military .22.  Both had the magazines loaded with what appeared to be 40 year old ammo.  Is it just something with WWII vets or do alot of ppl leave ammo in mags for years on end?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Buh-bye...dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is it just something with WWII vets or do alot of ppl leave ammo in mags for years on end?
View Quote

I wonder about that too.  A friend of mine acquired a nice High Standard pistol by finding it (Condition 3) in a drawer in an end table at his grandmother's house.  She said she'd forgotten all about it.  The ammo had verdigris.  The mag spring and recoil spring were limp.  A gunsmith brought it back to life.

I cycle my home defense ammo at least every 6 months or so.  It's overdue.  Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be sure to shed a tear for that dumbass.(Yeah, right)
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Utterly BEAUTIFUL!  A very fitting end for a very dirty dirtbag.  I piss on his grave, at least in spirit.   The owner of the pistol should get credit for the kill.

That'd never happen around my house.  We don't save old ammo, we shoot it up!  It doesn't last long.  Five years, tops.   It gets rotated regularly, particularly the ammo that's kept in magazines for 'just in case' situations.  That is guaranteed to be replaced every year with fresh factory ammo.

Incidentally, I was just given some old ammo.  When did they stop making paper hulled 12 gauge shotshells with paper wads and/or paper stickers on the nose of the round, telling the load?  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/confused2.gif[/img]

And, it appears to have been pretty well stored. But do you think it's safe to shoot?

CJ
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Its that kind of heartwarming story I needed to read before going to my evidence class to be bored to death for 2 hours!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top