Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 6:07:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm friends with the guy who thought up the light towers (Julien LaVerdiere)

I followed his advice and watched the lights go on from Jersey City.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Not only that, but it's a wonder she didn't bust all the windows in NY with that off-key final note.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the Towers of Light looked like shit as well as the voice I heard on tv while I watched them light from my apartment at 60th street.  It was a clear night and those things were damn near impossible to see from my apartment.  They should have made them brighter and bigger.

Tell LaVerdiere that I hope his vision was on a grander scale than what was carried out!

Just like Tim Allen said, "MORE POWER!"
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, he wanted them to be wider.

I'm amazed that it happened, at all.

(60th Street? We really need to have an AR15.Com, NYC outing.  There are enough of us here.)
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
(60th Street? We really need to have an AR15.Com, NYC outing.  There are enough of us here.)
View Quote

Me, Ronin45, Vinnie, Green18, FrankSquid and a few other local members were thinking the same thing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top