Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 7:28:22 AM EDT
Works fine with AOL 7.0 and it's browser, but when viewing on IE5 browser, text is black on black and there are no frames.

Appears to work fine on assault web site and others.

Whats up?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a common problem for any web sight that uses a black background.  The text on the page is black, and the background is black, so (duh) it's possible to end-up with black on black.  On the page, individual table cells have lighter colors to make the text readable.  If the browser ignores or doesn't support table cell background colors (like many versions of Netscape and several other browsers), then you'll see this problem.

A couple of possible solutions:  Go to Tools menu -> General tab -> Accessibility.  On that page, make sure all of the options are unchecked.  I have several (older) friends that change those settings to make pages easier to read, and you can end-up ignoring table cell background colors with some of those settings.  Also, under Tools -> General tab -> Colors, make sure "Use Windows Colors" is not checked.

If you have Windows 98, or newer, you can go to [url]windowsupdate.microsoft.com[/url] and upgrade your browser.  Rather than upgrading to 5.5, which I've seen several people have trouble with, I think there's a service pack for 5.0 that might reset some of the settings.  The service pack is probably smaller, and I personally prefer 5.0.

If those don't fix it, then feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].  There was one other thing I did to fix this problem on MSIE 5.0 for a friend that I can't remember.  Maybe I will later.z
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I upgraded to 6.0 IE and that fixed whatever the problem was.

Thanks for the help.

M4-AK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top