Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2001 7:06:39 PM EDT
I do appreciate all the work that goes into the boards and have been around a very long time but man the past week they have been unbearable.  I am running cable and it takes 40 seconds for me to click something and have it pull up.  Has registration skyrocketed since you changed the link on the old boards to route everyone here.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Ditto for me...I've got cable connection too.

Bradd
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Response time is miserably slow here too.  I find myself just giving up and going over to The Firing Line.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The Page download is slow, I really dont like the new layout. Its not very user freindly on the eyes. I really am trying to make an effort to come back but its hard.

TheBushmaster
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here- the new DSL is great, but I ran comparison stats between page retrieval for my dial-up 56K and the new DSL are the same (which is not the case using DSL on the custom knifemaking forums that I also frequent). I am also having some problems, this site only, where I have to use my windows color settings (left to the site, the background and text are black) for the background and text to view the posts. This followed several weeks of being unable to access the boards at all (getting the message "Document contains no data" from several machines and ISPs).

That said, it sure is nice to be able to participate in the forums again!!!

Don Carter
Knoxville, TN
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Same problem here.  It took almost 90 sec. for this topic to load.  It had been slowing down over the last couple of weeks and then this week it has nearly stopped.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
If I remember, I think the SQL database might need to "compacted". To do this, you take an outage.

I know you have to do this with Access databases, but I not sure about SQL. One thing that I have learned at work, is that if you can, put your web server on one machine, then your database on another. Then spread your databse accross as many spindles as possible. It is a bitch to tune any database.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Goatboy,
Why can't you guys get this stuff sorted out? I am willing to pay to get this web site, the forums, the chat room, and the mail list going again.
It's amazing that on a given night I can see that there are anywhere from 200-400+ guests.
C'mon, you guys have been promising us for a long time that things are going to get better, now it's time to get it in gear!!!!!
You can email me direct, I'll tell you the money amount, you tell me what it buys, I'll see if I can find people who are willing to match it.

GEF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top