Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 7:27:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 7:27:34 AM EDT by mjohn3006]
Bronze Membership

Donate To The Site and make a difference! In return you will receive access to restricted systems such as the Archive Search, Avatars, and an unlimited use of the search engine.

Bronze Membership Includes
- 1 Year Team Membership
- Forum tools such as My Active Topics
- Unlimited access to search engine for current topics (3 months)
- Unlimited access to the archives (data from launch!)
- Spellcheck service (spellcheck your posts on the site)
- Access to different skins (change site colors to fit your preferences!)
- Member Only Discussion Forum
- Discount on SEBR Rifles and other merchandise!
- Chance at items from AR15.Com given out each year!

It does not work! You have it listed as a feature of membership and it does. not. work.
At the least it shoudl be removed from the list of features.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 option polls
I don't even know what language you are using. But I bet if given the code I could figure out your logic problem within a day or so.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calendar:
!!! COMING SOON !!!
With all the changes, this portion of the site is offline for the time being.
Expect to see missing items show up during the next two weeks until everything is operational.

If you are going to put somthing on hold for more than a year. Take 5 minutes to remove the button from view.

I love the site. But I'm a QA Engineer for a software company and I would get fired for letting this crap happen.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
"Lighten up, Francis".
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:08:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar-wrench:
"Lighten up, Francis".

I lightened up 6 months ago. But come on. This will be up in two weeks...a year later is still says 2 weeks?
A service is offered at a price and it does not work.
A simple logic problem that be able to be cleared up by the developer in a couple hours is broken for over a year?

ARFCOM is a business.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:23:24 AM EDT
There's a Calendar button?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:42:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 8:43:34 AM EDT by mjohn3006]

Originally Posted By Hokie:

It has been there since the "upgrade".

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:49:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Originally Posted By Hokie:

It has been there since the "upgrade".

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/Icons/calendar.jpg

Coming Soon!!!

Av.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:51:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 9:12:15 AM EDT by mjohn3006]
And another thing. Some of the banner adds are WAY outdated.

For example. Atlantic firearms does NOT have Uzi's in stock, has not for months and will not for months, they also are not the stated price. Nothing in the banner add at AF is the stated price. It was when the add went up, but the add is no longer current. The add is defunct.

So they are false advertising on ARFCOM. The add should be updated.

It seems like there is plenty of staff to moderate and ban people. But there is little to no monitoring of the sites functionality. And no one is working on it, or at least there is no place to go to see the status of current projects.

Do you need some help? Do you want my resume?
Seems like a lot of this stuff could be cleared up by someone working a few hours on the weekend.
If Spell check is not possable right now, take 5 minutes to remove the button and the statment that is it a feature of team membership. Same with the Calendar.
I can't believe 5 option polls were not fixed within a few weeks of the bug being found.
But it's piling up and nobody is doing anything.

I don't pay for a calendar button that does not work.
A spell check button that does not work.
A 5 option poll that does not work
Adds that are out of date.
Legal problem of a statment of features that non-functional.

I'm not off my rocker here. I'm tired of having to run my posts through MS Word for spellcheck.
I don't know what the calendar button really is supposed to bring up..I am assuming upcoming events.
5 option polls seems kind of trivial..but it should be so easy to fix.
I am worried about leagal stuff with teh adds and the spell check. Not from me, but an anti gun yahoo with too much time and money could hit you for false adverising and hit you and Atlantic firearms for false advertising and maybe a bait and switch.

I'm trying to help.

Michael Johnson
Quality Assurance Engineer
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:09:31 AM EDT
If you think he's on a roll now just wait until he QAs the governmet

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:15:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 10:38:41 AM EDT by mjohn3006]

Originally Posted By Foxxz:
If you think he's on a roll now just wait until he QAs the governmet

-Foxxz

[LeeErmy] I will QA you all until you fucking die! [/LeeErmy]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:34:54 AM EDT
I love the smell of a good rant in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:35:23 AM EDT
The 5 poll options bug should be easily fixed, but it has been like that for several months now
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:38:00 PM EDT
It is a conspiracy with the spelling nazis.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 12:54:39 PM EDT by dalesimpson]
I use Google toolbar, and that has a spell check option on it. Another thing I wish we had is the ability to search the body of posts since some thread titles are vague or misleading.

ETA I am not saying that you should have to download a toolbar to do your spell check. I totally agree that customers of this website should get the features that we paid for. If the features are unavailable then don't list them as a benefit of team membership.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:13:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:33:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:55:22 PM EDT
GoatBoy. No hostility here. I understand that you are the ONLY one doing the kind of work mentioned in this thread and overall you are doing a great job keeping AR15.com my primary residence. Keep up the good work man. Oh, if you can ever get it so that we could search the body of threads without it demanding too much resources that would be great because it is a bitch searching when so many people are clear as mud with their thread titles. And as you know there are about 15,000 people here whose primary job it is to post the word "dupe" in threads that are unknowingly duplicated.

Keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 5:18:36 PM EDT by mjohn3006]

Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Ouch what's with the hostility? If you want to make a difference and get results, then be proactive without the anger. I wont go into all the work that this place takes to run, but I apologize for my lack of attention to the aspects of the site which seem to hamper your enjoyment.

I genuinely wasn't aware that the temp page was still coming up for the calendar because it's not used. I also wasn't aware of the spell check issues and I've seen polls being used on the site without incident, so I'm not sure to the issue there.

I'll remove the temp calendar page, and look into the spellcheck server. Once I've gotten more info from you about the polls, I will correct any issues there as soon as I find the time. (Depending on the severity of the problem.)

Sorry if I seem hostle. I guess information was not sent to you by the right channels. Almost any 5 poll thread has somone stating that 5 option polls do not work. And spell check comes up frequently.
Nobody seemed to notice the calendar thing. But I'm a QE. I click all buttons avalible to me.

If I click the spellcheck button I get Page not found with IE, and with Firefox I get:
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at spellcheck.ar15.com:7001.

Here is a pic of the 5 option poll problem:
Notice the 4th and 5th options are both at 50 selections and 32.68%. But the bars are at different lengths.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:18:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Ouch what's with the hostility? If you want to make a difference and get results, then be proactive without the anger. I wont go into all the work that this place takes to run, but I apologize for my lack of attention to the aspects of the site which seem to hamper your enjoyment.

I genuinely wasn't aware that the temp page was still coming up for the calendar because it's not used. I also wasn't aware of the spell check issues and I've seen polls being used on the site without incident, so I'm not sure to the issue there.

I'll remove the temp calendar page, and look into the spellcheck server. Once I've gotten more info from you about the polls, I will correct any issues there as soon as I find the time. (Depending on the severity of the problem.)

Sorry if I seem hostle. I guess information was not sent to you by the right channels. Almost any 5 poll thread has somone stating that 5 option polls do not work. And spell check comes up frequently.
Nobody seemed to notice teh calendar thing. But I'm a QE. I click all buttons avalible to me.

If I click the spellcheck button I get Page not found with IE, and with Firefox I get:
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at spellcheck.ar15.com:7001.

Here is a pic of the 5 option poll problem:
Notice the 4th and 5th options are both at 50 selections and 32.68%. But the bars are at different lengths.
nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/Icons/5_op_poll.sized.jpg

Yup, on any poll that has 5 options, if you vote for either the 4th or 5th option, the vote counts towards both on the number and %, but not the bar
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:35:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
Forgive me if this sounds rude, but I'll believes the polls are fixed when I sees it. I've had my heart broken too many times :'(
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:15:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 2:10:49 PM EDT by mjohn3006]

Polls had a display issue when 5 choices were given... this should be fixed now.

Calendar show ups... but we haven't tracked dates in a while... will discuss with staff on using it more.

Will continue to work on the issue with the spellchecking server.

Awesome!!! Thanks.

I started a 5 option test thread if you want to monitor.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=453543

ETA Awesome! It apears to be working great! Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:15:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 2:18:58 PM EDT by ready-aim-fire]
GoatBoy -

Just checked the Calendar button -- it works, but if you then click on any of the following buttons from the calendar page, you get a "This page cannot be found" error:

My Active Topics
My Topics
Active Topics
Search

Clicking on Archive, Manage Subscriptions, Conduct Code and other buttons seems to work (I didn't try them all, however).

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:50:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:02:29 PM EDT
Works great! And thanks for the quick response.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:50:46 AM EDT
Hmm, let's see if the spelcheck works with FireFox. . .
nope
Top Top